or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 684  

post #10246 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by david3558 View Post
Awesome - zippyh, that collection is nuts! Take a picture of the whole thing please

So as far as sizing goes, take US sizing and subtract one to get UK sizing? I've heard the same thing but for 0.5 size as well - don't know what's the general standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post
The general standard is that 9UK=10US or 9.5UK=10.5US, etc.
But that's just in general and YMMV.
I know that's how Barney's translates their C&J sizes.

I contacted C&J regarding the UK sizing on a pair of RL shell boots (the 325 lasted Gifford model). The boots were US 7D per the RL box, and C&J told me that corresponds to a UK 6.5E. C&J has been very helpful when I've contacted them about sizing advice on BB and RL labeled shoes. It's definitely worth it to shoot them an email.
post #10247 of 122416
Picked up my own pair of the Creamery boots today from Blackbird. They are indeed on the Barrie last. I had a very helpful conversation with one of the BH Leather Soul sales folks that helped me size correctly. Apparently most folks are fairly consistent across both lasts, but I went up a half size in the Barrie and found a much better fit. Pretty thrilled. My Blackbird order took 12 months to fill because of a snafu, but I am happy with the outcome. I preordered the Ultimate Jumper last night so I can have something else to look forward to for the next 6-9 months.
post #10248 of 122416
Hi Tom,
Any chance you're planning some Ravello longwings? I've got to complete my shell collection!
post #10249 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbernie View Post
Hi Tom,
Any chance you're planning some Ravello longwings? I've got to complete my shell collection!

yeah tom anything you can give us on upcoming styles for ravello or whiskey!?!?!?!
post #10250 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbernie View Post
Hi Tom,
Any chance you're planning some Ravello longwings? I've got to complete my shell collection!

Alden (not sure if it's SF or DC) has Ravello LWs listed on the website.
post #10251 of 122416
I'm looking for some Ravello or Whiskey shortwings... preferably in a Plaza last.
post #10252 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by racknac View Post
I'm looking for some Ravello or Whiskey shortwings... preferably in a Plaza last.

I don't think Alden makes Shortwings on the Plaza last. I have seen them on the Tremont last and on the Barrie Last when LS has done a special run.
post #10253 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
yeah tom anything you can give us on upcoming styles for ravello or whiskey!?!?!?!

I axked Tom a week or two ago if he has any whiskey shoes coming out soon and sadly he said no.
post #10254 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Yes, they are Barrie lasted boots...

..and the perf-band is a nice touch, although I am the only one who will ever see it...and of course, my fine fellow shoe dorks (as my GF calls me (us) ) on SF

Sounds like my fiancées sentiments as well.
post #10255 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 View Post
Sounds like my fiancées sentiments as well.

+3 (now wife, but she was saying it when she was my fiancee as well)
post #10256 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I asked Tom a week or two ago if he has any whiskey shoes coming out soon and sadly he said no.
Sorry guys. I'll be perfectly honest with you. We directly contact people when we get stuff like whiskey, #4, ravello, etc. (Unless it's for a special event such as our grand opening or anniversary, etc.) I wish we could accommodate the general public but we can't.
post #10257 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
Sorry guys. I'll be perfectly honest with you. We directly contact people when we get stuff like whiskey, #4, ravello, etc. (Unless it's for a special event such as our grand opening or anniversary, etc.) I wish we could accommodate the general public but we can't.

Then how does someone get on that list?
post #10258 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post
Then how does someone get on that list?

Length of relationship, amount purchased, if you're a nice person , if you actually visited us or are a local customer, etc. All of those things are considered. We have about 5000 customers in our database so it's really hard for us to make everyone happy. Sorry to be so blunt about it.
post #10259 of 122416
Thread Starter 
Was going to get on the pre-order for the wp pebble grain cap toe boots but they may not go through with the order because the demand is lower than other alden offerings. Kinda bummed about it.
post #10260 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL View Post
Length of relationship, amount purchased, if you're a nice person , if you actually visited us or are a local customer, etc. All of those things are considered. We have about 5000 customers in our database so it's really hard for us to make everyone happy. Sorry to be so blunt about it.
So chances of me finding cordovans in my size if I randomly go to the BH branch are slim to none, huh? I understand, gotta keep the loyal customers happy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.