Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6805post #102061 of 1224161/28/15 at 11:23ampost #102062 of 1224161/28/15 at 11:23am
I relayed the question to my CPA wife and she rolled her eyes. Of course she didn't say "No!"
Any accounting, business or tax advice contained in this communication, including attachments and enclosures, is not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis of specific issues, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. If desired, Mrs. Michigan Planner would be pleased to perform the requisite research and provide you with a detailed written analysis. Such an engagement may be the subject of a separate engagement letter that would define the scope and limits of the desired consultation services.post #102063 of 1224161/28/15 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by inn8chiro
Quote:Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I'd maybe use a little bit of the matching paste wax on it and a lot of elbow grease but other than that I wouldn't worry about it too much. I know it sucks to have it happen but it just adds to the eventual patina of the boots.
The other option would be to dip both boots in a giant vat of that anti-inflammatory gel to even things out.
Can this be considered a tax write off now
Yes...tax writeoff for sure...also use your fingers inside the shoe and rub them really hard from underneath around the area...you may be able to push some of the dye and fats in the shell to the surface and even it out some...it worked for me with CXL to even out a light spot.....also perhaps when you mac method it the moisture will free up some of the fats in the shell and darken the area...post #102064 of 1224161/28/15 at 11:56ampost #102065 of 1224161/28/15 at 12:28pmQuote:Quote:
I actually covet that shoe, and the style generally. I've talked to a couple of stockists but no dice on a new run (for now). A couple of months ago I found a vintage pair of Spalding golf shoes like this, except in burgundy/black. I'm planning to have a cobbler turn them into street shoes for me.post #102066 of 1224161/28/15 at 12:34pmQuote:
id like to know as well. i dont have any luck with them over email. have to pick up the phone to get a response. odd because they are friendly people in personpost #102067 of 1224161/28/15 at 12:51pmpost #102068 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
Yes...tax writeoff for sure...also use your fingers inside the shoe and rub them really hard from underneath around the area...you may be able to push some of the dye and fats in the shell to the surface and even it out some...it worked for me with CXL to even out a light spot.....also perhaps when you mac method it the moisture will free up some of the fats in the shell and darken the area...
Thanks brother, I will give it a whirl and give a post when I get home if people aren't too opposed to such a thing.post #102069 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by CEE88
breck81 inspired me to take a few more pics of my reverse chamois/snuff suede saddles from Fran Boone: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Viva la Frans!
were you hit with customs? could i ask how you went about with the customs part of the transactions?post #102070 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:19pmpost #102071 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:21pmQuote:
Hi Namor - I've heard of others having customs issues recently, but I did not: got the shoes during a pre-Christmas "free worldwide delivery" promo that Frans was running -- bough them online using my cc, Frans backed out the VAT on the final price as per normal for US purchasers, and the saddles arrived in less than three days.post #102072 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:27pm
Still can't get over how cool reverse chamois is when broken in. Such great variation in texture and color.
Quote:Originally Posted by CEE88
breck81 inspired me to take a few more pics of my reverse chamois/snuff suede saddles from Fran Boone:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Viva la Frans!
Those are sweet, is the oils from the reverse chamois bleeding into the suede?post #102073 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:27pm
Question about Bostonian shoes. Ive found a pair in my size but never worn them before. These are shell cordovan made in the 1980s. Can anybody give me a comparison of the fit vs. Alden? Does Bostonians fit TTS, or somewhat like Alden Barrie, Grant, or Aberdeen?
Thanks for your help.
Stevepost #102074 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:28pmpost #102075 of 1224161/28/15 at 1:45pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Vancouver SF meetup -- proposed 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...