or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6793  

post #101881 of 122416

98ab08eeacf240d74ef8db21421196301fddf8d9610bc2d9d3e1efab562d491a.jpg

post #101882 of 122416

I was able to place a deposit for the recent Alden x Leffot color 8 LWB. Does anyone have an idea on approximately how long it will be before they ship? I think I remember seeing 18-24 weeks or something like that, but I also believe there have been some past posts on very long ship times. I'm prepared for a wait, just wanted to get an idea from anyone with past experience. Thanks. 

post #101883 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sin9clair View Post

I was able to place a deposit for the recent Alden x Leffot color 8 LWB. Does anyone have an idea on approximately how long it will be before they ship? I think I remember seeing 18-24 weeks or something like that, but I also believe there have been some past posts on very long ship times. I'm prepared for a wait, just wanted to get an idea from anyone with past experience. Thanks. 

My tankers from a few years ago were almost exactly 6 months.YMMV
post #101884 of 122416

Okay. Thanks.

post #101885 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sin9clair View Post

I was able to place a deposit for the recent Alden x Leffot color 8 LWB. Does anyone have an idea on approximately how long it will be before they ship? I think I remember seeing 18-24 weeks or something like that, but I also believe there have been some past posts on very long ship times. I'm prepared for a wait, just wanted to get an idea from anyone with past experience. Thanks. 

The answer is, it depends. They usually take 18 weeks from once they go into production (with the exception of designs with hand stitching). It depends on when these are actually scheduled to start. Leather confirmation date does not equal production start date.

-Mike
post #101886 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Also, what size are you? Interlock has a few first quality suede chukkas and a nice shoe on eBay for not much more than second pricing. I'm surprised those were even sold as seconds in that condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Shoe-Company-snuff-suede-moc-toe-blucher-/111571872034?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item19fa33a922

Anyone pull the trigger on these? I'm not a huge suede fan, but for this price it is very tempting.
post #101887 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sin9clair View Post

I was able to place a deposit for the recent Alden x Leffot color 8 LWB. Does anyone have an idea on approximately how long it will be before they ship? I think I remember seeing 18-24 weeks or something like that, but I also believe there have been some past posts on very long ship times. I'm prepared for a wait, just wanted to get an idea from anyone with past experience. Thanks. 

FYI, I got mine from Leffot last year the wait was about 3.5 months.
post #101888 of 122416

Do you guys wear dress socks (typically thin) and Chup socks (or any winter type pattern socks) with the same pair of Aldens? I find Chup socks increase shoe size by another 1/2 size. If dress socks fit perfectly with a pair of shoes, Chup socks would fit extremely tight in the same pair. 

post #101889 of 122416
I don't find Chup socks very thick. Thicker than the thinnest dress sock yes, but equally as thick as any J Crew socks I have
post #101890 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post
 

Do you guys wear dress socks (typically thin) and Chup socks (or any winter type pattern socks) with the same pair of Aldens? I find Chup socks increase shoe size by another 1/2 size. If dress socks fit perfectly with a pair of shoes, Chup socks would fit extremely tight in the same pair. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I don't find Chup socks very thick. Thicker than the thinnest dress sock yes, but equally as thick as any J Crew socks I have

Many of my casual shoes have some roominess.  The chupp socks will fill most of that roominess.

post #101891 of 122416
I wanted to let you guys know that I’m organizing a GMTO C&J Harlech whiskey shell cordovan boot. See this post for more details and this post for pics of @mdubs's whiskey Harlechs from a previous GMTO.

I’m currently waiting to hear back from C&J on whether there is enough whiskey shell available. In the meantime, please PM me or reply in the C&J MTO thread if you’re interested. We need at least 12 people and currently have 5.

EDIT: I neglected to mention that the current pounds-dollars conversion rate should make the price of these boots significantly lower than usual. The rate could creep back up though, so I'd like to move quickly on this.
Edited by Papa Doble - 1/25/15 at 8:23pm
post #101892 of 122416
Holy thread bomb...like 10 of my subscription all show this post currently
post #101893 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Holy thread bomb...like 10 of my subscription all show this post currently

Sorry rydenfan. I'm done posting this message on SF, and I really tried to limit it to the threads where I thought there was a good chance subscribers would be interested (6, not counting the C&J MTO thread, 2 of which are directly C&J related).
post #101894 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Doble View Post

I wanted to let you guys know that I’m organizing a GMTO C&J Harlech whiskey shell cordovan boot. See this post for more details and this post for pics of @mdubs's whiskey Harlechs from a previous GMTO.

I’m currently waiting to hear back from C&J on whether there is enough whiskey shell available. In the meantime, please PM me or reply in the C&J MTO thread if you’re interested. We need at least 12 people and currently have 5.

Sounds promising. Thanks for the info. 

post #101895 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammo View Post
 

Would like some opinions on the gash on these Alden seconds I just received from Shoemart.  Given the location, visually this does not bother me but the cut seems to go straight through the leather all the way down to the heel counter.  The gash is not in an area that flexes but I'm concerned that I won't be able to have these resoled as a result of the damage.  I suppose I could topy them (repeatedly?) to hold off on resoling them and perhaps have the gash filled in with something...

 

Thoughts?  To keep or not to keep...

 

Cannot keep those.  Return.  Those should have been pitched.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.