or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6770  

post #101536 of 122416
Loving the black shell. I have really come around on black shell.
post #101537 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Leffot reverse chamois Greenwich boots have landed! Crappy pics soon.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Touchdown!  You were waiting for these to land for a while Russ.  They look awesome, congrats!

post #101538 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Those reverse chamois look great! Will look even better in 2 years. One of the best foul weather makeups I have seen. Congrats, buddy!

Thanks, man!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Touchdown!  You were waiting for these to land for a while Russ.  They look awesome, congrats!
Thanks, Chris!
post #101539 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

Do any other Alpine Grain owners feel that the leather is thinner or more flimsy...I am not using the word cheap..My NST boots which I love just feel more fragile to me...like any brush with a rough surface might really damage or tear them...That being said I have not babied them and they are holding up fine but everytime I put them on it jumps out at me.


Yes, my kid was running outside and stepped on the top of my boot and literally tore a piece of the leather off. I lost my mind internally for a moment, regrouped and went inside and tried to add some polish to the spot. It's noticeable but I don't want them to be perfect anyways. I just feel that shouldn't have happened so easily with the price of the boot.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

Do any other Alpine Grain owners feel that the leather is thinner or more flimsy...I am not using the word cheap..My NST boots which I love just feel more fragile to me...like any brush with a rough surface might really damage or tear them...That being said I have not babied them and they are holding up fine but everytime I put them on it jumps out at me.

 

Yes......I also have a pair of scotch grain and the look and feel of the leather is much heavier. Also, the alpine grain shows water marks instantly while water rolls off the scotch grain like it never touched it.

 

One of my favorites is a pair of alpine grain loafers, but they now have signifiacnt water marks from wearing in a rain storm last year. I was disappointed because I thought that alpine grain was supposed to be good for foul weather.

 

Kind of strange that almost every retailer describes it as being good for wet conditions. A current make up from Epaulet says "and its upper and sole serve to make it quite weatherproof on nasty days"......I would not recommend doing so without using Alden defender based on my experience.

 

Thanks for the input and my Alpine grains also do not bead up at all ...rain seems to soak in...I have not had any staining though. I guess I will baby these boots a little more then...they look great so will wear them when damage risk is low.

post #101540 of 122416
First Alden boot (of many to come) - color 8 PCT on Barrie. First run with the Mac Method in the office. Thanks to @movoblast

e4a2f16934d39c54bbf57100dbeb943c.jpg
post #101541 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90shilling View Post

First Alden boot (of many to come) - color 8 PCT on Barrie. First run with the Mac Method in the office. Thanks to @movoblast]

I had been eyeing those in the marketplace for a little while. They look great. Congrats.
post #101542 of 122416

Whiskey Wednesday Wingtips

 

post #101543 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post


Repp, those are some stellar boots. I've always had fair dealings with Adam. Good to know he continues to keep an eagle eye on the distinction between firsts and seconds. Enjoy wearing those everywhere.
post #101544 of 122416

I like the shoe on the left better but it definitely won't let me get on a construction site.

 

post #101545 of 122416



Whiskey Cukka today .. Getting loads of Chukka wears in this year with my newly acquired Whiskey and Cigar.
post #101546 of 122416
Those look like my Ravello chukkas
post #101547 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post




Whiskey Cukka today .. Getting loads of Chukka wears in this year with my newly acquired Whiskey and Cigar.

Those look buttery. Like a warm caramel. 

post #101548 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Leffot reverse chamois Greenwich boots have landed! Crappy pics soon.




Wow, now that's an awesome shit-stomping, yet classy boot!  Enjoy them my friend!

post #101549 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post

black shell is amazing. I really like this makeup RTP!

I'm waiting for black shell with antique edge myself...

I haven't come around just yet, to antique edge on black shell, but after a great deal of use, I may experiment with this boot.  Thanks friend!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Repp, those are some stellar boots. I've always had fair dealings with Adam. Good to know he continues to keep an eagle eye on the distinction between firsts and seconds. Enjoy wearing those everywhere.

Many thanks friend.  Adam runs a great shop!

post #101550 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post


Whiskey Cukka today .. Getting loads of Chukka wears in this year with my newly acquired Whiskey and Cigar.

Man, that is a smooth shade of whiskey. I love chukkas. I envy you having the Big 3.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.