or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6765  

post #101461 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel28 View Post


I had a chance to get on either whiskey NST shoes or whiskey Indy recent run from AoM and decided to pass.. Of course I'm kicking myself for that, damn.

 

I went for the Indy, hope its that nice!

post #101462 of 122416

Alden Black Shell Full-Straps. This model is surprisingly absent here.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And their Maiden Voyage was today!

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

-Mike

post #101463 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post

Email was sent out 6/11/14, I would guess submitted to Alden by the end of the same week. Ravello wingtip boot, whiskey Indy, cigar LHS, cigar and ravello LWB were also on this order.

-D
if I had gotten that email, I'd be in trouble. One of each. Thanks.
post #101464 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

if I had gotten that email, I'd be in trouble. One of each. Thanks.

They would only do one per customer. Nice try though! ;-)
post #101465 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

No, no, and no.

Those boots are in for repair; not for sale.

Indys are on Trubalance;

Modified last sizing is unique. It is not as simple as "same as barrie" for most feet. It is best to be fitted in that last. I'm a 1/2 size down in length and a letter up in width from barrie, in shoes. Boots fit differently as well.

My apologies! I thought they were posted for sale. I visited Mouldedshoe and was sized at my Barrie size. Like most things it doesn't work for everyone, but it does for me.
post #101466 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

My apologies! I thought they were posted for sale. I visited Mouldedshoe and was sized at my Barrie size. Like most things it doesn't work for everyone, but it does for me.

Same here. Size 8.5D in Barrie and Modified last. Fits like a dream.
post #101467 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

They would only do one per customer. Nice try though! ;-)

Isn't that funny..

stirpot.gif
post #101468 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profligate47 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Commando

Nice! From AoC? Barrie last?
post #101469 of 122416
#6754 LHS, not sure I like the darker sole dressing on these. Doesn't Alden make the Ravello LHS a lighter sole colour? if so is it a different model #? thanks:D





post #101470 of 122416
AidC. Barrie last. Superior quality. Super comfortable. Thanks!
post #101471 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

#6754 LHS, not sure I like the darker sole dressing on these. Doesn't Alden make the Ravello LHS a lighter sole colour? if so is it a different model #? thanks:D
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Yes, yours are from Alden SF. They were the only ones who did the Ravello LHS on the dark edges. 67540 is the model number of the pair I got from ShoeMart with the Tan "Antique" edges.





-Mike
post #101472 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagsun View Post

I thought I'd utilize the collective wisdom of SF to see if I need to do anything about my #8 captoe boots from Alden of DC. My boots are a couple years old and the pictures below are from the left shoe. I wear them at most 1-2 times a month.

Should I be concerned or just continue to wear them? If it's a concern do I email Kathy at Alden DC or contact Alden directly?

Thanks.


 

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone respond to your post. 

 

The answer is yes, be concerned.  You are seeing the inseam stitching, which essentially means that the shoe is coming apart at the foundation.  The inseam is the stitching that holds the welt, upper and insole together as a cohesive unit.  If you continue to wear them, they will begin to distort, because they are flexing in the zone that they are coming loose in.  The leather will be able to move freely to the side along the gap that you see, which will change the width of the uppers at the ball of your foot.  The only proper way to fix that would be to have Alden re-last them on the original last, and have a new welt sewn on.  Essentially, a recrafting done at the factory.  As for who to contact (Kathy or Alden directly), it's probably inconsequential. 

 

Alden seems to be having some issues with their inseaming of late.  Your picture is one of a handful that have been posted over the last year or so.  This shouldn't occur as frequently as it seems to be lately. 

post #101473 of 122416


Maiden voyage. Maiden scuff. Pretty much gone with advice from the dubs!
post #101474 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Maiden voyage. Maiden scuff. Pretty much gone with advice from the dubs!

You did will. Looking pristine!
post #101475 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

I may have missed it, but I didn't see anyone respond to your post. 

The answer is yes, be concerned.  You are seeing the inseam stitching, which essentially means that the shoe is coming apart at the foundation.  The inseam is the stitching that holds the welt, upper and insole together as a cohesive unit.  If you continue to wear them, they will begin to distort, because they are flexing in the zone that they are coming loose in.  The leather will be able to move freely to the side along the gap that you see, which will change the width of the uppers at the ball of your foot.  The only proper way to fix that would be to have Alden re-last them on the original last, and have a new welt sewn on.  Essentially, a recrafting done at the factory.  As for who to contact (Kathy or Alden directly), it's probably inconsequential. 

Alden seems to be having some issues with their inseaming of late.  Your picture is one of a handful that have been posted over the last year or so.  This shouldn't occur as frequently as it seems to be lately. 

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't get any comments on Friday so I contacted Alden and they replied the next day. I mailed the boots to them today to inspect/restore.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.