Makes me want to order the stock model over the AoC version on commando. But, the hills here in SF and broken glass make me want commando soles...dilemmas.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6747post #101191 of 1224161/17/15 at 5:29pmpost #101192 of 1224161/17/15 at 5:32pmQuote:
I think the best shoe trees are the Woodlore twin tubes with expanding toe.
The expandable split toe you guys describe is sold at Nordstrom for $20, but over time the flat plate in the toe that allows it to expand can get bent and won't slide as easily in the groove.post #101193 of 1224161/17/15 at 5:47pmpost #101194 of 1224161/17/15 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
I actually go tts with barrie, but it is a bit roomy. I go...
Barrie - 10D
Aberdeen - 10E (or sometimes 10.5D but it's a little too long)
Hampton - 10D
Van - 10C
Plaza - 10D
Grant - 10D
Trubalance - 10D (My Indies are 10D and they work well, but I think I would go down to 10C the next time as they are very roomy)
An SA at a small boutique men's clothier in Baltimore once told me that your sizing shouldn't really change from last to last as each one is designed fit a particular way. For example, the Aberdeen shoes should feel snug and narrow as they make up Alden's dressiest model. Trubalance Indies are work boots that are suppose to feel wide and roomy to accommodate thicker socks and more workability. He actually sounded a bit annoyed that many here wear a wide range of sizes between the different lasts.
I haven't intentionally followed his advice, but I think my sizing similarities throughout the different lasts has more to do with my foot being more of a 10.25D for a US tts.
He would hate me too. I don't even wear the same in Barrie and Trubalance.post #101195 of 1224161/17/15 at 5:57pmQuote:Quote:
That is insane. That is about as many as I have total between shoes and boots.
How many do you keep vs replace and sell?
I think I need to see the list! You can even PM me if you don't want to post it.post #101196 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:27pmpost #101197 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:32pmpost #101198 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by sazonQuote:
Agree - and a lot of folks here feel the same, from my remembrance of prior conversations...
Thanks...I was considering getting them resoled at bNelson but concerned that they might come back tighter and that would render them useless to me. Not sure if that is even a valid concern.post #101199 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:37pmpost #101200 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:40pmpost #101201 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:48pmpost #101202 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:48pmpost #101203 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:56pmpost #101204 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:57pmQuote:
Sorry Mike, I didn't mean to undermine your effort. I was just curious. For the sake of fairness though, you did sell a bunch in your process to acquire the correct size across the board, so the number is a little misleading.post #101205 of 1224161/17/15 at 6:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Skatenc123
Love these with a natural edge and welt. Perfect casual boot. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've never been much of a fan of the natural welt, but I do very much like what you've done here.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Sizes 42S and 46R █ DROP MAR 26 █ NWT Canali and Corneliani for... 10 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 25 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Sizes 44L, 46R, 46L, 48R █ DROP MAR 26 █ Four NWT Ermenegildo Zegna... 1 minute ago
- › Help me with my casual wardrobe please! 3 minutes ago
- › Mazzarelli Fit - Their Standard Shirts? 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...