or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6726  

post #100876 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYawker View Post
 

Quick Question guys - heading down to new orleans for a bachelor party this weekend.  Was thinking of rocking color 8 lwb and lhs.  Are these shoes too nice and will they just get ruined? Better off rocking a pair of beaters?  Sorry if too off topic but curious what you all do in these situations. 


I took my Indies (403) and J Crew Tobacco waxed LWBs to NYC over Thanksgiving.  They are my go-to "beaters."  Truth be told though, I think I need to stop babying my precious grails and wear and enjoy them more often.  NOLA's French Quarter can get kinda crazy though.  Anyone know how shell responds to drunken vomit or other bodily fluids??  :rotflmao:

post #100877 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Hey Gents, It was a very sunny day today & I finally got around to taking a few non-iphone pics. Here's a couple of recent additions to my wardrobe:

Whiskey PTB - Barrie


Ravello CT - Grant
Amazing shoes and boots, CEE. I particularly like the Ravello and Whiskey, but those Natty CXLs are nothing to scoff at! Thanks for sharing the great pics.
post #100878 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

LoL, thanks! I may get overshoes. A friend of mine swears by them for rainy days, whatever those are... ;-)

 

-Mike


Tingley!  My Swims are great, but you don't need to spend $80-100.  (I actually bought mine at J Crew on sale with the extra 40% off which got me to $48, still a lot)

post #100879 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen:

Question. Which Raw Denim brands do you find match Alden #8 the best?

And whiskey and ravello as well.

Thanks in advance!

Rogue Territory is my go to raw denim. I think the 14.5 oz weight http://www.rogueterritory.com/shop/stanton/ is the most versatile. Traditional Indigo Warp x White weft. It looks great with ravello and color 8. No experience with whiskey. 

 

Their Dark denim line also pairs really well with Color 8 specifically. Its a Indigo Warp x Black Weft. http://www.rogueterritory.com/shop/dark-stanton/

 

I swear by their jeans and shirts. 

post #100880 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Amazing shoes and boots, CEE. I particularly like the Ravello and Whiskey, but those Natty CXLs are nothing to scoff at! Thanks for sharing the great pics.

Thanks IC! The two pairs of shell have been getting regular wear for a month or two, but I just got the natty CXL Longwings yesterday and they are absolutely stunning in person.
post #100881 of 122416

Y'all have hit this thread hard today.  I can barely keep up with the never-ending, strong pics and posts.  I went with the color 8 wingtip boots on barrie (sorry no whiskey today).  Nice pairing with thick wool slacks on a cold gloomy-looking day...

 

 

Love these boots.  Now I just need to wear and enjoy!

post #100882 of 122416
Gorgeous Boots RTP!
post #100883 of 122416
This is in honor of whomever got in on the 8 unlined dover pre-order today. I've had these since summer '14, and they'll be getting eased into the regular rotation shortly.

post #100884 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Ready for the Dover preorder!

 

I think eventually I am going to need a PTB in every color, one of my favorites. Also, I love the shade of whiskey on this recent run from DC.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Update from this mornings post above...

 

Some patient Mdubs style brushing at the end of the day and I can almost remove all the creases from my PTB (Right shoe gone and left shoe so close) . I have had the most success with these in particular, my LWB and LHS have had lesser results.

 

post #100885 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

This is in honor of whomever got in on the 8 unlined dover pre-order today. I've had these since summer '14, and they'll be getting eased into the regular rotation shortly.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Gorgeous Dovers, when I get mine they will go through a similar "Admiration Period" before wear. 

post #100886 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Gentlemen:

Question. Which Raw Denim brands do you find match Alden #8 the best?

And whiskey and ravello as well.

Thanks in advance!

Tons of discussion around this topic in the thread. There is a lot of great denim. Start with the type of cut you want and exact measurements. From there you can begin to select a denim and brand
post #100887 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90shilling View Post

Gorgeous Dovers, when I get mine they will go through a similar "Admiration Period" before wear. 
I like that 90! With my most recent acquisitions it's been different - out there on day one. Mostly on office carpeting, but they're getting wear.
post #100888 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Update from this mornings post above...

Some patient Mdubs style brushing at the end of the day and I can almost remove all the creases from my PTB (Right shoe gone and left shoe so close) . I have had the most success with these in particular, my LWB and LHS have had lesser results.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Great work Buz!!! Keep it up! :-)
post #100889 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post


This was me two years ago.

My bachelor party shoes were Sperrys with the soles literally falling off. We'd start the night at some great, starred restaurant and I would feel physically uncomfortable at how bad/out of place my shoes looked.

...but that feeling passed and is no match for the feeling of having a slew of unblemished Alden options to wear every day. biggrin.gif

 

Yeah were doing a few nice restaurants hence my concern about wearing nice shoes.  I reckon beaters are the way to go though in terms of drunkkness and what not.  Cheers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post
 


Ive been to New Orleans many times.  Under most conditions in the French Quarter on a weekend the streets are not a place you want to wear nice shoes.  An indy in CXL, Kudu, or similar is fine.  Even if you don't get hammered enough to puke you can be caught in the line of fire.  Be aware there plenty of ladies there packing spare parts.  The only rule I can tell you that will land you in jail if a cop sees it is peeing in public.  Just about anything else is not an issue.

 

Have fun!

 

See Ya,

Steve

 

Thanks steve.  I am gonna stick to beaters.  I don't even like getting on a crowded subway car with people stepping all over my shoes.  Thanks for the tips regarding the night walkers.  After dealing with some expensive public urination tickets at the shore I do not engage in, nor condone public urination anymore.  Plus its just not cool...but we've all been there. Cheers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post


I'm in New Orleans at least once a month for a mix of work and fun. I don't hesitate bringing my Aldens, and packed a couple of harder wearing pairs last time for a week long trip. It really depends on the itinerary. I assume you'll try to pack in a nice dinner or two inbetween the debauchery, and it's nice to look the part from head to toe at one of NOLA's many amazing restaurants. Also, you'll stand out from the southern frat croud if you decide to visit a fine gentleman's club like The Penthouse Club or so I've heard.

I do also pack a pair of beaters for late weekend nights on Bourgon street. Easy to change after dinner at the hotel. The French Quarter is fairly tame during the week.

 

Thanks for the info!  I am gonna bring some epaulet sneakers i completely forgot i have for day time activities, some old loafers for dinner, and some other beaters for late nite festivities.  Were going to hustler club so hopefully its a good time.  The groom is not a strip club kinda guy at all so we will probably not be there long.  However, you know how these things go.  Cheers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


I took my Indies (403) and J Crew Tobacco waxed LWBs to NYC over Thanksgiving.  They are my go-to "beaters."  Truth be told though, I think I need to stop babying my precious grails and wear and enjoy them more often.  NOLA's French Quarter can get kinda crazy though.  Anyone know how shell responds to drunken vomit or other bodily fluids??  :rotflmao:

 

I think i might pick up a pair of natty cxl on commando lwbs.  Could be the solution.  I also need to stop babying my shell shoes, i just can't bring myself to do it.

 

 

Thanks for all the responses guys.  Interesting to see how some guys wear/use their shoes.  My initial inclination was to go with color 8 cordovan bc i figured it could take a beating.  But i can not bring myself to bear the possible ruin/scratches that might result.  I have a pair of epaulet sneakers that are amazing, and while not beaters nor cheap i kinda picked them up for more casual activities.  Cheers guys.

post #100890 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

This is in honor of whomever got in on the 8 unlined dover pre-order today. I've had these since summer '14, and they'll be getting eased into the regular rotation shortly.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Cee, those are looking great my friend. I know that you have been getting good use out of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Y'all have hit this thread hard today.  I can barely keep up with the never-ending, strong pics and posts.  I went with the color 8 wingtip boots on barrie (sorry no whiskey today).  Nice pairing with thick wool slacks on a cold gloomy-looking day... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Love these boots.  Now I just need to wear and enjoy!

Repp, your boots are killer! Enjoy them today my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Hey Gents, It was a very sunny day today & I finally got around to taking a few non-iphone pics. Here's a couple of recent additions to my wardrobe:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whiskey PTB - Barrie




Ravello CT - Grant



Natural CXL LWB - Barrie



Cee, those are all terrific looking kicks. Enjoy them in good health my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post

today for me: Ravello PTBs Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Wow, those are looking good my friend. I must say for one second, I thought you had crazy hairy ankles until I realized those were your socks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

Today… Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cigar LWB

Jedi, way to keep the LWBs rolling in!!!

-Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.