or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6700  

post #100486 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
\
Black Shell NST Boot on Plaza from JGilbert

i didn't see it on their website.   Is it available yet?

post #100487 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Trying to decide on an all-purpose winter, fall, wet weather black boot on commando.  I'd wear it with denim, chinos, corduroys, and occasionally wool pants and dress slacks.  Here are my three options all on commando...

Leffot Alpine grain black Daytrippers
AoC AF60 - Black Shell cap toe boot on barrie
AoC AF43 - Black Shell Plain Toe boot on trubalance

Any other suggestions for similar offerings?
Thanks in advance, again fellow enablers!  teacha.gif
Leffot alpine grain trippers.
post #100488 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

i didn't see it on their website.   Is it available yet?

Not confirmed yet by Alden. Yenni has been waiting on confirmation on this one for over a year.
post #100489 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Leffot alpine grain trippers.

+1...still a sucker for nice alpine grain. Although, it doesn't take to scratches as well as chromexcel or shell.

JT
post #100490 of 122416

@prez , great looking ptbs sir.

post #100491 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

i didn't see it on their website.   Is it available yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Not confirmed yet by Alden. Yenni has been waiting on confirmation on this one for over a year.

I called her a week or two ago and she was expecting it to get in production shortly.
post #100492 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Trying to decide on an all-purpose winter, fall, wet weather black boot on commando.  I'd wear it with denim, chinos, corduroys, and occasionally wool pants and dress slacks.  Here are my three options all on commando...

 

Leffot Alpine grain black Daytrippers

AoC AF60 - Black Shell cap toe boot on barrie

AoC AF43 - Black Shell Plain Toe boot on trubalance

 

Any other suggestions for similar offerings?

Thanks in advance, again fellow enablers!  :teach:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Black Shell NST Boot on Plaza from JGilbert


How about black shell Dr. Jones boot from Frans Boone?!

post #100493 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

 

How about black shell Dr. Jones boot from Frans Boone?!

Nice looking boots (both NST and Work Boot on plaza), but they are too dressy for what I had in mind.  If I were to acquire a plaza boot, I'd want it in color 8 or ravello (maybe cigar), but probably not black.

post #100494 of 122416

2 maiden voyage this week, Whiskey and Green Suede Gunboats. 

 

It's the first time I used the pen trick and I am really amazed with the result! It's a shame i didn't learn it earlier.

 

 

post #100495 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post

2 maiden voyage this week, Whiskey and Green Suede Gunboats. 

It's the first time I used the pen trick and I am really amazed with the result! It's a shame i didn't learn it earlier.





great lwbs. What's the pen trick?
post #100496 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Nice looking boots (both NST and Work Boot on plaza), but they are too dressy for what I had in mind.  If I were to acquire a plaza boot, I'd want it in color 8 or ravello (maybe cigar), but probably not black.


You're right. Then I think grant and barrie boots are your best bet. I wouldn't go for Tru-balance boots cause I think they are too bulky for dress trousers.

post #100497 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post


great lwbs. What's the pen trick?


Thanks!!! Check out the Alden FAQ for the pen trick!

post #100498 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post
 

2 maiden voyage this week, Whiskey and Green Suede Gunboats. 

 

It's the first time I used the pen trick and I am really amazed with the result! It's a shame i didn't learn it earlier.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Wonderful acquisitions my friend!  Enjoy those gunboats often and in great health!

post #100499 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


I called her a week or two ago and she was expecting it to get in production shortly.


Really ? I spoke to her last week and she said she had no idea when this would go through.
post #100500 of 122416
Alden x Frank Muytjens

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.