or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6688  

post #100306 of 122416
Do the black madison NST's have a flat or split welt?
post #100307 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Question for those who use Alden Leather Defender-how often/when do you use it? Does it affect your shells at all if you use it often?

I've had a bottle for a couple of years but since I try not to wear shell cordovan when it's raining out, I haven't really applied it. Should I be?

I use it quite often. Any time I think there might be rain in the am. I haven't noticed a difference in the shell and so far have avoided the dreaded "bumps"
post #100308 of 122416
Those Ravello WTBoots are amazing Mike. Very nice.

Picked up the Natural CXL Indy's on Commando from Leffot today. My first Indy's as well as my first CXL shoe from Alden. Really looking forward to beating these down.



post #100309 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwesty View Post

Would someone be able to explain to me what the difference is in the Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Shoes?

I know that there is a J Crew exclusive and a The Shoe Mart exclusive, is that all there are?

Does Alden continue to make the J Crew exclusives or were those shoe a limited run? Will we see more come in stock?

I'm very new to this so it's all a little bit overwhelming, I can't seem to find a cap toe in a size 8 in cordovan, are they all sold out?

Any help would be appreciated!

There are 2 basic cap toe cordovan shoe models and they are stock models in #8 and Black, so they can be found at most retailers and the shoe mart. One is an Oxford and one is a Blucher. Shoe mart has your size in stock.
post #100310 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwesty View Post

Would someone be able to explain to me what the difference is in the Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Shoes?

I know that there is a J Crew exclusive and a The Shoe Mart exclusive, is that all there are?

Does Alden continue to make the J Crew exclusives or were those shoe a limited run? Will we see more come in stock?

I'm very new to this so it's all a little bit overwhelming, I can't seem to find a cap toe in a size 8 in cordovan, are they all sold out?

Any help would be appreciated!

JCrew perforated cap toe in she'll cordovan is a great boot, and other have variations of it...it has leather sole. Leffot offers a similar boot
TSM is also available or a slight varion from most of the big Alden retailers such Alden Washington, Alden SF, and Alden on Madison. Some will have leather soles, some Commando. All of them will likely have more runs, check with each to see if you can get on a list.

See Ya,
Steve
post #100311 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by walras View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

epaulet cigar indys Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These are so awesome. I know it runs against the consensus here but I think these would look great with a suit, even a more conservative one.

Maybe on the plaza last, but I couldn't do it with the trubalance last.

post #100312 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post
 

 

Ravello, breaking in so nicely if I do say so myself ; ) 


You most certainly may.  Enjoy them often my friend, and in great health!

post #100313 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post
 
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't foxing on the heel something that is exclusive to Alden for BB? How do these Unionmade makeups have it?


 

Bueller...?

Bueller...?

I think you've answered your own question.  The foxing is not exclusive to BB, Alden just chooses not to do it with their stock tassel model.  The stock full strap has a similar foxing pattern.

post #100314 of 122416

could anyone help me ID these? found at a thrift store.

 

post #100315 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

Alden x ShoeMart Ravello Wingtip Boots. 10.5B.

 

 

These an the Daytrippers have been added to my small "untouchable" list of shoes I won't sell. :-)

 

-Mike

My friend, I couldn't agree with you more!  I would not sell mine either.  Enjoy them often and in the best of health!

post #100316 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden x ShoeMart Ravello Wingtip Boots. 10.5B.






Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








These an the Daytrippers have been added to my small "untouchable" list of shoes I won't sell. :-)

-Mike
How did you snag the narrow width?? Preorder?
post #100317 of 122416
post #100318 of 122416

awesome thank you much appreciated!!

post #100319 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalair1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwesty View Post

Would someone be able to explain to me what the difference is in the Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Shoes?

I know that there is a J Crew exclusive and a The Shoe Mart exclusive, is that all there are?

Does Alden continue to make the J Crew exclusives or were those shoe a limited run? Will we see more come in stock?

I'm very new to this so it's all a little bit overwhelming, I can't seem to find a cap toe in a size 8 in cordovan, are they all sold out?

Any help would be appreciated!

JCrew perforated cap toe in she'll cordovan is a great boot, and other have variations of it...it has leather sole. Leffot offers a similar boot
TSM is also available or a slight varion from most of the big Alden retailers such Alden Washington, Alden SF, and Alden on Madison. Some will have leather soles, some Commando. All of them will likely have more runs, check with each to see if you can get on a list.

See Ya,
Steve


I wore my J Crew perf cap toe boots today.  The pics are pretty crappy, but this boot is tremendous.  I've never really been a boot guy, but that seems to be slowly changing.  Between this cap toe boot and two wingtip boots (color 8 and ravello) I acquired recently, I am convinced I need to wear them more often, especially in this colder weather.

 

I recommend the perforated cap toe on barrie, but many here love the grant-lasted 4060.  Both are restocked pretty regularly as See ya Steve said.  I am actually very tempted by Leffots black alpine grain boot on grant (same design as the 4060 on commando).  I really want a pebble grain leather boot.  @MrDV, I wish that grain wingtip boot in darker brown was still available!

 

post #100320 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Alden x ShoeMart Ravello Wingtip Boots. 10.5B.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These an the Daytrippers have been added to my small "untouchable" list of shoes I won't sell. :-)

-Mike

agreed, untouchable. so nice mike.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 


I wore my J Crew perf cap toe boots today.  The pics are pretty crappy, but this boot is tremendous.  I've never really been a boot guy, but that seems to be slowly changing.  Between this cap toe boot and two wingtip boots (color 8 and ravello) I acquired recently, I am convinced I need to wear them more often, especially in this colder weather.

 

I recommend the perforated cap toe on barrie, but many here love the grant-lasted 4060.  Both are restocked pretty regularly as See ya Steve said.  I am actually very tempted by Leffots black alpine grain boot on grant (same design as the 4060 on commando).  I really want a pebble grain leather boot.  @MrDV, I wish that grain wingtip boot in darker brown was still available!

 

 

really nice boots friend.

careful, next thing you know, you'll be that guy that only wears boots.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by walras View Post
These are so awesome. I know it runs against the consensus here but I think these would look great with a suit, even a more conservative one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
Those are looking great DV!

thank you for the kind words gentlemen.

walras, im sure some could wear these with a suit, but i would struggle with it. maybe because i only go formal a handful of times a year, i look for sleeker footwear when i wear a suit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.