or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6676  

post #100126 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

BB King Tassels


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Don, those are great pants!

The shoes aren't bad either...

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post
 

Hallecks.. love these

 

They look great. I love mine too.

post #100127 of 122416
@MoosicPa

As much as I like Leffot Naval boots, FB captoe are the real winner.
post #100128 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

I recently picked up this pair of Alden #8 shell with brass eyelets, a Frans Boone make-up.... I like the brass contrast with the color 8 shell....









with my #8 naval boot...... I think a different enough contrast? nod[1].gif

My vote goes to the leffot Naval boot. The perfs really pull the design together IMO.

Now I've got an itch to see a PCT in #8 with brass eyelets!! Perhaps with the antique sole.
post #100129 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

I recently picked up this pair of Alden #8 shell with brass eyelets, a Frans Boone make-up.... I like the brass contrast with the color 8 shell....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









with my #8 naval boot...... I think a different enough contrast? nod[1].gif


Looking good my friend. I think they are distinct due to the different lasts and the antique edges.

-Mike
post #100130 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by z8k1n View Post

Hallecks.. love these
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Looking good my friend. That is a terrific design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

Alden x Leffot Ravello "Daytrippers" Cap Toe Boots.

Those are outstanding.....well done!

Amazing what a difference the leather sole makes compared to the commando version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post

Flawless. Now get your crease on!

Thanks guys. Yes, this was their maiden voyage and they got some creasing on during the day.

-Mike
post #100131 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post


Per shoe. So 20 per pair.

You are totally right ha!

post #100132 of 122416
I like the FB with the brass eyelets.
post #100133 of 122416
Well, I've unlocked the secrets of elegant lacing. Not really, it's pretty basic, but profound for me.

I've ditched my old lacing patern for a equally simple patern (I never like bar lacing), and I'm convinced this really pulls alden boots together. I've noticed Leather Soul is really excellent at displaying their boots and shoes. Looking through their pictures I've noticed a couple consistencies.... 1. They use great angles. 2. They lace everything the same way (unlike leffot and other retailers) 3. I want all their shoes

Without further ado...

Older lacing on the left. Newer "leather soul" lacing on the right. I'm very pleased
post #100134 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

Not my auction, but these seem some old, rare Alden makeup.

Old Ravello shell in 11C

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALDEN-Leather-RAVELLO-Plain-Toe-Blucher-Oxford-Mens-Shoes-Size-11-C-/261707823364?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item3cef007904

Does anyone know what year Alden moved from their old style logo to the current one? Also, what year they stopped using an all leather heal? I asked Alden both of these questions but was told they have not changed their logo and that they still use a all leather heal.That person should not be responding to customer questions.
post #100135 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Dicardo View Post

Does anyone know what year Alden moved from their old style logo to the current one? Also, what year they stopped using an all leather heal? I asked Alden both of these questions but was told they have not changed their logo and that they still use a all leather heal.That person should not be responding to customer questions.

Good morning, in fact I posed the same question to Alden and I think I received a more complete answer. Technically the crest logo is and always has been Alden's logo. It is used on their dress line of shoes. Alden however also makes an Orthopedic line of shoes and the 4-A's logo is the logo for shoes in their Orthopedic line and they still use it today for that line. I believe that the definition of the shoe lines have fuzzed a little bit over time which may add some extra confusion. But if you get their Orthopedic catalog today it will have the 4-A's logo.

I am a little confused by your second question. Are you asking when they started to put the rubber heel guard on the back of their heel stacks?

-Mike
post #100136 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosslovethreads View Post

Well, I've unlocked the secrets of elegant lacing. Not really, it's pretty basic, but profound for me.

I've ditched my old lacing patern for a equally simple patern (I never like bar lacing), and I'm convinced this really pulls alden boots together. I've noticed Leather Soul is really excellent at displaying their boots and shoes. Looking through their pictures I've noticed a couple consistencies.... 1. They use great angles. 2. They lace everything the same way (unlike leffot and other retailers) 3. I want all their shoes

Without further ado... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Older lacing on the left. Newer "leather soul" lacing on the right. I'm very pleased

This is an interesting lacing pattern. Is it more difficult to tighten the laces?

I still prefer bar lacing, but I might prefer your new lacing to your old lacing.
post #100137 of 122416

That lacing pattern is the same except he switched up the way the laces come over/under. It makes for a cleaner look there when no foot is in the shoe since it doesn't look loose like the other one but I don't know how much difference it would make with a foot in there stretching it out.

post #100138 of 122416
Commando soles came in handy this morning

post #100139 of 122416

king full strap for me to start the day.....

 

post #100140 of 122416
Pretty sure I was quoted once at $12/eyelet. That's $96 for the job; not worth it for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.