or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread - Page 63

post #931 of 1121
my 007s. 2-3 years of wear. 1 soak and 1 wash. i otter waxed them when they were fairly new.





post #932 of 1121

you can afford 300 dollar jeans, you can afford a cleaning lady once a week if you dont know how to do it

 

nice looking jeans nonetheless

post #933 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark kent View Post

my 007s. 2-3 years of wear. 1 soak and 1 wash. i otter waxed them when they were fairly new.






I love them!

You've faded them SO well - why do my jeans always go into holes on the knees(since my first pair aged 11, every single pair I've worn into knee holes - that's a Lot of knee holes.......!)smile.gif
post #934 of 1121

Calling Mistral! 

I wanna get the xx-012(size 30) and the  thigh/knee/lower leg is spot on to my Naked and Famous guy LHT in size 30. I would consider them perfect

Can I be safe to say the 30 in xx-012 with an average waist 30.25 will stretch to a 32 like my N&F have?? 

Since I have failed so much with Momotaro lately I wanna get something right with these ones

Afraid if I go to a 31 (measure 31.25)in the xx-012 it will be too big everywhere else(only a half inch in the knee/leg opening, but still)

post #935 of 1121
First off, get O/W versions for sure in the PBJ.

2ndly, IME, that should work out fine. Don't bank on it, but it is not unheard of for PBJ to go 1.5+ inches in the waist.
post #936 of 1121

i should have mentioned that,...yes O/W

i have read too much bad things about that raw stuff!

post #937 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer View Post

Calling Mistral! 
I wanna get the xx-012(size 30) and the  thigh/knee/lower leg is spot on to my Naked and Famous guy LHT in size 30. I would consider them perfect
Can I be safe to say the 30 in xx-012 with an average waist 30.25 will stretch to a 32 like my N&F have?? 
Since I have failed so much with Momotaro lately I wanna get something right with these ones
Afraid if I go to a 31 (measure 31.25)in the xx-012 it will be too big everywhere else(only a half inch in the knee/leg opening, but still)

Watch out the the thighs being too tight in size 30 PBJ, unless you're really skinny!

Whilst they vanity size the waist, their thighs are very slim in comparison.

I'd check the thigh measurement before ordering the 30- you night need a 31"..smile.gif
post #938 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer View Post

Calling Mistral! 
I wanna get the xx-012(size 30) and the  thigh/knee/lower leg is spot on to my Naked and Famous guy LHT in size 30. I would consider them perfect
Can I be safe to say the 30 in xx-012 with an average waist 30.25 will stretch to a 32 like my N&F have?? 
Since I have failed so much with Momotaro lately I wanna get something right with these ones
Afraid if I go to a 31 (measure 31.25)in the xx-012 it will be too big everywhere else(only a half inch in the knee/leg opening, but still)

Comparing measurements is key. Could you fit into the topblock as is? If so, you could opt for the O/W 30's. Mind you that from the thigh down these juns run very slim (knee). O/W has little to no shrinkage left, if you are doubting you could always take the same size RAW, hot soak them, hang dry and then wear them for some time to break them in. I think stretching the waist gradually is more pleasant, plus when wearing RAW you are in control of the shrinkage.

Hope that helps a bit.
post #939 of 1121

Well, I took your advice Mistral and went with the raw in a 30,....thinking that tub soak while on might help them get to an ideal fit.

 

BIG just restocked  all sizes yesterday for anyone waiting on the xx-012

post #940 of 1121
Raw is a forever-headache man, but best of luck.
post #941 of 1121

yeah i thought so too......i wanted to try it though, at least for the hour i was placing the order hahaha. 

maybe i'll switch it in the morning 

post #942 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Raw is a forever-headache man, but best of luck.

Why? Raw just shrinks and stretches, while sanforized does exactly the opposite.
post #943 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

Why? Raw just shrinks and stretches, while sanforized does exactly the opposite.

TBH, just going off my experiences w/ raws in the past with that blanket statement. Trying to do the "selective shrink" via tub-wears, etc just became a hassle; I'd rather start off with a baseline pair of o/w, which won't get smaller anywhere ever, and let them stretch out, rather than trying to juggle the shrink/stretch process.
post #944 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


TBH, just going off my experiences w/ raws in the past with that blanket statement. Trying to do the "selective shrink" via tub-wears, etc just became a hassle; I'd rather start off with a baseline pair of o/w, which won't get smaller anywhere ever, and let them stretch out, rather than trying to juggle the shrink/stretch process.

+1 At these price points completely raw is just too big a gamble for me. O/W already has a bunch of variables in regards to stretch and further shrink so that is enough risk for me...

post #945 of 1121
I am so indecisive.
I need to stay off these forums.
Just switched it to a 31 o\w
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread