or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread - Page 56

post #826 of 1123
And Japan just restocked the xx-011. raw and o/w. kopd a pair of raws. Kanako is real nice to deal with. will post a fit when they arrive.
post #827 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funksy View Post

Interested in the xx-017's and xx-018's but haven't been able to find any progress pics out there. How new are these things, and are there any pics out there showing signs of what a nice, faded pair might look like?

I'm 4 months and one (post-initial) soak into a the 017. Will post pics when I get a chance, but I love them. I didn't at first but they grew on me so much. It'll suck going back to a more usual color kinda.
post #828 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by i01111000 View Post

I have two pairs of PBJ that are essentially worthless because the fit is shit on me. Thighs are slim. One pair I have is the 005 and I'd advise against it. The thigh is so slim that the fit is more of a flare leg/bell bottom. Looks like lady pants. I walked around looking ridick for weeks hoping for a stretch. There was a slight stretch but i still looked completely fabulous, rather faaaabulouuuuuuuuuuus. on the bright side they made my ass look great. 

My JBs also fit the same way after about 6 months of wearing - very slim. They're very slow to stretch. I'm thinking of replacing them with a pair of APCs. Apparently they stretch - and fade - faster.
post #829 of 1123
The admonition to size by thighs proven again.

Sorry to hear the 005 cut didn't work out.
post #830 of 1123

^ thighs is a good idea, considering waist changes based on rise...and that's likely something people forget to take into account

post #831 of 1123

Pure Blue Japan:

"Our cotton is not genetically modified(Pure Blue Japan)."

 

more at: http://www.styleforum.net/t/350196/most-cotton-clothing-is-genetically-modified-the-official-list-of-gm-free-cotton-clothing

post #832 of 1123
oh jesus. 4characters found another thread.
post #833 of 1123
What happen to the production of those indigo scarves?eh.gif
post #834 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

^ thighs is a good idea, considering waist changes based on rise...and that's likely something people forget to take into account

I've had my JB 0701 for a year now. I didn't wear them much the first 3-4 months but have worn them regularly after that. Nowadays I wear them every day.

When I first got them I could not get them above my thighs. Then I could but could not button the fly. Now I can wear them but they fit skinny. Will the stretch more to become more comfortable? Thanks.
post #835 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarim View Post


I've had my JB 0701 for a year now. I didn't wear them much the first 3-4 months but have worn them regularly after that. Nowadays I wear them every day.

When I first got them I could not get them above my thighs. Then I could but could not button the fly. Now I can wear them but they fit skinny. Will the stretch more to become more comfortable? Thanks.

 

You realize Japan Blue and Pure Blue Japan are different companies right? mwink[1].gif

post #836 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaymanX View Post

You realize Japan Blue and Pure Blue Japan are different companies right? mwink%5B1%5D.gif

Ah, didn't know that.
post #837 of 1123

Does anyone know about how long a pair of Pure Blue Japan 24oz shrink-to-fit jeans last?

I'm really interested in the 24oz and would absolutely love to know more about it.

I’ve heard that they shrink to 27oz and that being shrunk actually makes the denim even more tightly woven and rigid. Plus I believe that they are also made from ELS cotton which is up to 40% longer wearing.

 

Are we talking about 2-5 years of daily wear?

Thanks

post #838 of 1123
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4characters View Post

Does anyone know about how long a pair of Pure Blue Japan 24oz shrink-to-fit jeans last?
I'm really interested in the 24oz and would absolutely love to know more about it.
I’ve heard that they shrink to 27oz and that being shrunk actually makes the denim even more tightly woven and rigid. Plus I believe that they are also made from ELS cotton which is up to 40% longer wearing.

Are we talking about 2-5 years of daily wear?
Thanks

it all depends on what you do when you're wearing your jeans... that's the beauty of raw denim sir..
post #839 of 1123
he posts from the internet only monitoring the his gmo thread. i'm waiting for the resurrection of his one of kind nike thread he's just in denial right now.
post #840 of 1123

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosswound View Post
 "i'm waiting for the resurrection of his one of kind nikethread he's just in denial right now"

 

 

 

I prefer my hand-made elephant western boots anyway....


Edited by 4characters - 6/20/13 at 3:41pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread