or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread - Page 41

post #601 of 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoff View Post

So I'm looking at the pbj 007 deep indigos and getting a little weirded out in sizing. I read through the thread but I'm just going to ask and try to put my mind at ease.
I have a pair of size 31 Nudie Average Joes that fit well. They've streached out to a 35 waist, so looking at the pbj charts I would want to get either a 32 or 33 in the 007 (raw). Could anyone tell me if I am completly off-base here? The denim looks awesome, really want to pick up a pair...just trying to make sure I grab the right size smile.gif

You're in the right neighborhood. I would probably go with the 33, that will probably fit you the best after a hot soak.
post #602 of 1142
Awesome - thanks for the tips. I did in fact measure myself last night, and I come out to a 35 where I normally wear my jeans. My thighs are quite slim (6'2", 170) so I think I could squeeze into the 33s based on the measurements at BiG.

I noticed they don't have any 33s in stock in the O/Ws, so I may just wait and keep track on when they come in. Probably a good thing - I've spent way too much recently...haha.
post #603 of 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoff View Post

Awesome - thanks for the tips. I did in fact measure myself last night, and I come out to a 35 where I normally wear my jeans. My thighs are quite slim (6'2", 170) so I think I could squeeze into the 33s based on the measurements at BiG.
I noticed they don't have any 33s in stock in the O/Ws, so I may just wait and keep track on when they come in. Probably a good thing - I've spent way too much recently...haha.

Why not get the raw version? It should shrink down to close to the size of the one-wash after a few hot soaks.
post #604 of 1142
Do you guys prefer the blue tab PBJ's or the leaf-stitched PBJ's?
post #605 of 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDoughnut View Post

Do you guys prefer the blue tab PBJ's or the leaf-stitched PBJ's?

I don't like the leaf. I unstitched it on my pair.
post #606 of 1142
my wife always thinks the leaf looks like a piece of chewing gum i sat on
post #607 of 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

my wife always thinks the leaf looks like a piece of chewing gum i sat on

I lol'd at this because my wife has told me the exact same thing. I personally don't mind it though. Tabs to me are too "Levi's" typically.

Edit: Also, selling my xx007's in my sig.
post #608 of 1142
One Wash XX011's @ 11 months (no soaks/washes)

most natural light was outside, but the wind wasn't really helping ....

525

525
Edited by malaujai - 11/21/11 at 5:59am
post #609 of 1142
woah dude. would love to see those post-wash.
post #610 of 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by lioneironaut View Post

woah dude. would love to see those post-wash.

Those are unsanforized, so they might not fit him anymore after they shrink post-wash. Even if he can squeeze back into them, the whiskers and honeycombs will move out of place for him, so he's better off leaving them unwashed.

EDIT: Missed that the OP said that they were one-wash when purchased. Disregard above.
Edited by commodorewheeler - 11/22/11 at 11:50am
post #611 of 1142
wouldn't the fact that they were washed prior to buying lessen the effect?

i just soaked a pair of 1 wash momo's after about 6 months and there was no noticeable diff in fit...
post #612 of 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post

wouldn't the fact that they were washed prior to buying lessen the effect?
i just soaked a pair of 1 wash momo's after about 6 months and there was no noticeable diff in fit...

Oh whoops, you're right. I somehow completely missed the part that they were one-wash when he bought them. My bad.
post #613 of 1142
crap, actually this is the first pair of one-wash denim i've bought and it never occured to me...

It's safe to wash these right? (to be honest, I might wash them anyway cause they are starting to get pretty stinky....)
post #614 of 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaujai View Post

crap, actually this is the first pair of one-wash denim i've bought and it never occured to me...
It's safe to wash these right? (to be honest, I might wash them anyway cause they are starting to get pretty stinky....)

Yes, it is, I missed the part above where you said that they were one-wash. PBJ's one-wash method is really good about getting most if not all of the shrinkage out of their jeans. You should get little to no further shrinkage when you wash. Of course, any stretching that has occurred will likely contract and have to be re-stretched through wear.
post #615 of 1142
a pair of XX-011s on the way...

...had been agonizing over the decision for weeks...

very narrowly beat out Samurai and Strike Gold....

I had set aside some cash for electronics but Newegg BF was really weak
Edited by ribkin - 11/26/11 at 4:28am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread