or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread - Page 5

post #61 of 1094
It smoothes out to a degree on parts that get the most contact, yes.
post #62 of 1094
They resemble dark blue burlap sacks more than the pictures i saw in the post your denim thread
post #63 of 1094
they will smooth out and fade as you wear them
post #64 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_hammersly View Post
I bought a pair of 005s (one wash) and I'm sort of on the fence about them. I like the fit, but the denim itself is really hairy, bumpy and slubby. It's also extremely dark. I expected a little slubbiness from the pictures I had seen online, but not to this degree. Does the denim smooth out as you wear it? I'm assuming soaks will lighten the color up.
Fool! Embrace the slub, love the slub
post #65 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_hammersly View Post
I bought a pair of 005s (one wash) and I'm sort of on the fence about them. I like the fit, but the denim itself is really hairy, bumpy and slubby. It's also extremely dark. I expected a little slubbiness from the pictures I had seen online, but not to this degree. Does the denim smooth out as you wear it? I'm assuming soaks will lighten the color up.
the jeans go through an "ugly duckling" stage [specially the 007]. the bumps and knots around the high traffic areas become more pronounced/conspicuous due to the gradual loss of indigo [fading] ... and somewhat hairy and unkempt like a mangy dog.

after a few months of wear and a couple of washes the stubbles fall off, the color evens out a bit [less contrasty] and the bumpy texture will still be there [but smoother]... the "swan" slowly emerges. man, you need at least a pair of PBJ in your life. all that's left to say is, just keep wearing them.
post #66 of 1094
thanks for the info guys, i'll stick with them!
post #67 of 1094
Hey,

I have a question, I am in the search of a pair of jeans with a relaxed fit, and am looking at the xx-003's. How much does this brand stretch/shrink? if my true waist size is 33, should I go for them in size 32?

Looking at the back rise, its quite large. If my ass is on the smaller side, should I skip this pair?

I need about an extra inch in the thighs to my pair of 3sixteen straights.
post #68 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
Fool! Embrace the slub, love the slub

^ what he said.

Edit: in fact...
post #69 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
the jeans go through an "ugly duckling" stage [specially the 007]. the bumps and knots around the high traffic areas become more pronounced/conspicuous due to the gradual loss of indigo [fading] ... and somewhat hairy and unkempt like a mangy dog.

after a few months of wear and a couple of washes the stubbles fall off, the color evens out a bit [less contrasty] and the bumpy texture will still be there [but smoother]... the "swan" slowly emerges. man, you need at least a pair of PBJ in your life. all that's left to say is, just keep wearing them.

Heheh. Ain't denim great? Kinda like that pimply-faced girl with braces who turns into the school hottie.

That's poetry, IIIrd, and I'm not even high. Better words have never been spoken.
post #70 of 1094
So I'm set on a pair of 005bk jeans, but unfortunately blue in green doesn't have a size 32 in stock. Is there anywhere else to get these, either in the states or via proxy? Should i just wait until BIG gets them back in?
post #71 of 1094
You could try to e-mail Jay at Atsui. He doesn't have a storefront/website at the moment but he may/should still have stock, not sure if he had 005bks though
post #72 of 1094
I know people have had great experiences w/ Hide at Sharp Service.

The thread is here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=120508
post #73 of 1094
Hide offers impeccable service.
post #74 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasec View Post
So I'm set on a pair of 005bk jeans, but unfortunately blue in green doesn't have a size 32 in stock. Is there anywhere else to get these, either in the states or via proxy? Should i just wait until BIG gets them back in?
are you dead set on a blk pair? sho'nuff is selling his raw/brand new 007 W32__ check FS.
post #75 of 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasec View Post
So I'm set on a pair of 005bk jeans, but unfortunately blue in green doesn't have a size 32 in stock. Is there anywhere else to get these, either in the states or via proxy? Should i just wait until BIG gets them back in?

im not just saying this because i have a xx007 32 on sale, but i dont like raw black jeans they dont fade too lovely. rather a deep indigo faded is much more aesthetically pleasing. especially xx007 with its dyed on both warp and weft. you can get mine for about 40 bux cheaper than elsewhere . bnwt .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread