or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread - Page 69

post #1021 of 1121
post #1022 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post


Those are gorgeous - are they the double indigo 007s?

Fading really well!

Can't believe how hardwearing Pbjs are - I bought my purple face 1069-2-PPs from BiG in December 2012, wear them regularly and they still look great!!!

My second oldest jeans!(oldest are 21oz custom Kurabo jeans from July 2012)

Before I discovered real denim my jeans only lasted a few months - now I'm able to build a collection(ordered 8th pair on 18th April 2014)

Now on a jeans ban so I can get some decent wear out of them all - until 1st January 2016!smile.gif
post #1023 of 1121

Can anyone explain the difference between xx-005, xx-013, and xx-011? Also does anyone have experience with this retailer? https://www.denimio.com/ Thanks.

post #1024 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

Can anyone explain the difference between xx-005, xx-013, and xx-011? Also does anyone have experience with this retailer? https://www.denimio.com/ Thanks.

5 is different cut from 11 and 13.

11 and 13 differentiate in that one is a left-hand twill and the other is a "normal" jean in blue weave / white weft - while sharing the same cut.

TBH, not that difficult to tell.
post #1025 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

Can anyone explain the difference between xx-005, xx-013, and xx-011? Also does anyone have experience with this retailer? https://www.denimio.com/ Thanks.

005 is slim fit indigo slub denim. 013 is the same but in a tapered fit. 011 is tapered fit featuring LHT fabric.

Denimio is a well respected store by the way. Used to be 2nd (if I'm not mistaken)

Edit: El_Argentino beat me to it.
post #1026 of 1121
Anyone own the 11's? I love my 13's and am very interested in the 11's
post #1027 of 1121

I'm trying to decide between momo 701s or PBJ 005/011s. Any advice?

post #1028 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Anyone own the 11's? I love my 13's and am very interested in the 11's

I always wanted the 11s, but then went on my "size for thighs" bender and didn't look back. Pricey too.
post #1029 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

Can anyone explain the difference between xx-005, xx-013, and xx-011? Also does anyone have experience with this retailer? https://www.denimio.com/ Thanks.

No experience (sorry) with your retailer, but Blue in Green have a great range of Pbjs, and the customer service is great, so if you get it wrong first time they'll happily exchange them.

Also they sell Momotaro, so if you don't like them it's easy to put right:)

For what it's worth, I'd go with Big!smile.gif
post #1030 of 1121

Regarding BiG stocking:

 

"The next production for the XX-005 is about the start now and expected to be ready around July and the XX-013 should be ready sometime later in the Summer"

 

Does anyone know why the measurements on Denimio are different from BiG? And why the price disparity between the two? Thanks.


Edited by accordion - 4/23/14 at 12:17am
post #1031 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

Regarding BiG stocking:

"The next production for the XX-005 is about the start now and expected to be ready around July and the XX-013 should be ready sometime later in the Summer"

Does anyone know why the measurements on Denimio are different from BiG? And why the price disparity between the two? Thanks.

Mostly because of the difference in methods of measurement. Or difference because of One Wash vs. Raw.

BiG has to import the denims, so offcourse it's going to be a bit more pricey. Tax, customs etc. Denimio is situated in Japan so doing business is easier and less expensive. This is reflected in the pricetag.
post #1032 of 1121

Is there a noticeable difference in the way 011s fade compared to 013 and 005? Does left hand twill lose its color faster?

 

edit: just pulled the trigger on these after doing a bunch of research, would've preferred the 013s but they're sold out everywhere.

post #1033 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

Mostly because of the difference in methods of measurement. Or difference because of One Wash vs. Raw.

BiG has to import the denims, so offcourse it's going to be a bit more pricey. Tax, customs etc. Denimio is situated in Japan so doing business is easier and less expensive. This is reflected in the pricetag.

I didn't know you could buy Pbjs from Japan cheaper than BiG prices...

There's a pair on the PBJ website I'd kill for - I'll email them to try to find a retailer in Japan..

So much for my jeans ban - made on April 18th 2014!!!

I can resist anything except denim temptation!!!smile.gif
post #1034 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

I didn't know you could buy Pbjs from Japan cheaper than BiG prices...

There's a pair on the PBJ website I'd kill for - I'll email them to try to find a retailer in Japan..

So much for my jeans ban - made on April 18th 2014!!!

I can resist anything except denim temptation!!!smile.gif

A lot of shops on Rakuten are Japan based and will ship international. You could also use a proxy like Sharpservice or Sutocorp.
post #1035 of 1121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

A lot of shops on Rakuten are Japan based and will ship international. You could also use a proxy like Sharpservice or Sutocorp.

Thanks for the info - I'll look into it!smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread