Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 4/14/15 at 11:55am in Streetwear and Denim
- Best raw jeans at <250 Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:44pm in Streetwear and Denim
- DROP! w36 (fits 34-35) BNWT MOMOTARO 'Going to Battle' Tight Straight Jean 0705SP Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:55pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-011 Left Hand Slim Tapered size 34 Last post on 10/9/13 at 5:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Last edited: 5/11/15
- The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift GuideLast edited: 11/23/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of TorontoLast edited: 11/18/15
- An Interview with G. Bruce BoyerLast edited: 10/29/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread - Page 62
Styleforum Top Pickspost #917 of 11871/23/14 at 10:26pmQuote:
I think it's only between 2-4 times a year.
PBJ Are very small, and have very small runs, plus the odd collaborations.
You're lucky - the women's wear is stocked annually (happy size 0 purple face wearer, fading nicely)post #918 of 11871/26/14 at 5:22ampost #919 of 11871/29/14 at 10:58ampost #920 of 11871/29/14 at 2:48pmpost #921 of 11871/29/14 at 3:04pmpost #922 of 11871/29/14 at 3:11pmpost #923 of 11871/29/14 at 9:14pmpost #924 of 11871/29/14 at 9:17pmpost #925 of 11871/29/14 at 10:33pm
I got a pair of raw xx-013's in the mail the other day, size 30. I had ordered them in one-wash, so I'm exchanging them for the xx-007 when the company helps fix the issue. I'm glad that they shipped the wrong ones, though, because the 30 in one-wash would have been unwearable. The thighs and crotch area on the raw 30 were so damn tight that I would've had to have bought a size 33 just to have them not feel like my testicles were ensnared in a Venus fly trap. They were listed at 11.5", but I measured them at exactly 11". Having read the posts in this thread, I've decided that sizing for my thighs instead of my waist might be best, so I will be getting the one-wash xx-007's in 31. My true waist is 29", but my thighs are 22.5". The site I'm ordering them from has the thighs on the xx-007 in 31 listed at 11.6", so hopefully that'll work better for me.post #926 of 11871/29/14 at 10:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Wo Cao
I got a pair of raw xx-013's in the mail the other day, size 30. I had ordered them in one-wash, so I'm exchanging them for the xx-007 when the company helps fix the issue. I'm glad that they shipped the wrong ones, though, because the 30 in one-wash would have been unwearable. The thighs and crotch area on the raw 30 were so damn tight that I would've had to have bought a size 33 just to have them not feel like my testicles were ensnared in a Venus fly trap. They were listed at 11.5", but I measured them at exactly 11". Having read the posts in this thread, I've decided that sizing for my thighs instead of my waist might be best, so I will be getting the one-wash xx-007's in 31. My true waist is 29", but my thighs are 22.5". The site I'm ordering them from has the thighs on the xx-007 in 31 listed at 11.6", so hopefully that'll work better for me.
Sounds like you should be lucky this time!
Look forward to pics...post #927 of 11871/30/14 at 1:54ampost #928 of 11871/30/14 at 2:03ampost #929 of 11871/30/14 at 1:32pm
Yes, they are XX-007. I don't wear them that often, because of work. But every day I wear them I see more progress. It's a jean that changes by each day you wear them, it seems. They have had one hot soak to shrink them a bit and that's about it.post #930 of 11871/30/14 at 2:48pmQuote:
I absolutely think they look great!
Pbj were going to custom make me a mini size (22") !!! A few years back through BIG, but then there was the tsunami and the delay in production and regrettably I got refunded.
Had I known thongs would improve I would have let them keep their $$$s and waited.
Too stupid, young and impetuous.
I really regret it as they were to have unique custom hardware and everything.
Now they've grown from such a baby company they won't do it for anybody, and I'm heartbroken.
Luckily the purple face PBJ 1069-2-PPs that I bought from BIG in. December 2012 are fading amazingly well and fit well too in size 0- the old cut lite really fell down in the street:)because they were so big for me.
Sorry about that
But I think your jeans look great and can't wait to see how they evolve, in a few weeks/months/when they've faded well.
- Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 33 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories