Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 5/4/16 at 10:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Best raw jeans at <250 Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:44pm in Streetwear and Denim
- DROP! w36 (fits 34-35) BNWT MOMOTARO 'Going to Battle' Tight Straight Jean 0705SP Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:55pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-011 Left Hand Slim Tapered size 34 Last post on 10/9/13 at 5:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
In Passing: Chicago
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- In the Details: Lucian FöhrLast edited: 5/25/16
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread - Page 58post #856 of 12237/31/13 at 10:14ampost #857 of 12238/5/13 at 10:37ampost #858 of 12238/5/13 at 6:48pmpost #859 of 12238/15/13 at 2:41pmpost #860 of 12238/16/13 at 10:44pmpost #861 of 12239/4/13 at 5:14pm
so I got these for a steal while thrifting..Just wondering what you guys could tell me about them in terms of the model?post #862 of 12239/9/13 at 10:59ampost #863 of 12239/9/13 at 1:29pmpost #864 of 12239/9/13 at 2:30pmI am a premium denim neophyte. Decided to buy some "nice" denim.
I now have two pair of PBJ jeans, both purchased in the last few weeks from the good folks at Blue in Green:
First is the AI 001. Very heavy, yet still comfortable. Fabric has an interesting hand. Yarns are hand dyed with some wonderful ancient Japanese secret process that dyes the yarn to the core. Not sure why this is important, but I paid extra for it anyway because I'm sort of a sucker for anything old school and "crafty."
Second pair is the X 009 Slightly less heavy. Fabric is very very dark blue. Apparently woven completely of dark threads in both weft and warp.
Fit on both pair is good on me. I was worried because I have a big butt and big thighs, but the cut on these is just about perfect. Wearing them cuffed.
I can tell it's going to be a long process of breaking in and fading on these jeans, but I'm very much looking forward to the results.
Will post some pics when I get the chance.post #865 of 12239/9/13 at 2:53pmpost #866 of 12239/9/13 at 3:03pmpost #867 of 12239/9/13 at 3:30pmpost #868 of 12239/9/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
You can't go wrong with either of them. I'm a big fan of Momo's. Own three pairs and had the 0702's before all the BO collabs weer out. While I'm normally a big advocate on Momo detailing, my personal opinion is that the pink inseam stands out a bit much on the darker models. This and the fact I couldn't size the 0702's properly, decided me to sell them.
I went with the PBJ's afterwards and haven't regretted it, but again... This is personal.
@ Argentino: Thanks man, seems the cut works well for me.post #869 of 12239/9/13 at 4:28pm
i tried to order the bom006 this morning, added it to my cart but then waited from an email back from jay and now they have orders on hold. probably wait and see if my size it available when they go back up and decide based on that.
What do you mean by "james bond jeans"??? I was trying to find the exact modelpost #870 of 12239/9/13 at 5:59pm
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...