Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 4/14/15 at 11:55am in Streetwear and Denim
- Best raw jeans at <250 Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:44pm in Streetwear and Denim
- DROP! w36 (fits 34-35) BNWT MOMOTARO 'Going to Battle' Tight Straight Jean 0705SP Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:55pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-011 Left Hand Slim Tapered size 34 Last post on 10/9/13 at 5:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Last edited: 5/11/15
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread - Page 58post #856 of 11637/31/13 at 10:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #857 of 11638/5/13 at 10:37ampost #858 of 11638/5/13 at 6:48pmpost #859 of 11638/15/13 at 2:41pmpost #860 of 11638/16/13 at 10:44pmpost #861 of 11639/4/13 at 5:14pm
so I got these for a steal while thrifting..Just wondering what you guys could tell me about them in terms of the model?post #862 of 11639/9/13 at 10:59ampost #863 of 11639/9/13 at 1:29pmpost #864 of 11639/9/13 at 2:30pmI am a premium denim neophyte. Decided to buy some "nice" denim.
I now have two pair of PBJ jeans, both purchased in the last few weeks from the good folks at Blue in Green:
First is the AI 001. Very heavy, yet still comfortable. Fabric has an interesting hand. Yarns are hand dyed with some wonderful ancient Japanese secret process that dyes the yarn to the core. Not sure why this is important, but I paid extra for it anyway because I'm sort of a sucker for anything old school and "crafty."
Second pair is the X 009 Slightly less heavy. Fabric is very very dark blue. Apparently woven completely of dark threads in both weft and warp.
Fit on both pair is good on me. I was worried because I have a big butt and big thighs, but the cut on these is just about perfect. Wearing them cuffed.
I can tell it's going to be a long process of breaking in and fading on these jeans, but I'm very much looking forward to the results.
Will post some pics when I get the chance.post #865 of 11639/9/13 at 2:53pmpost #866 of 11639/9/13 at 3:03pmpost #867 of 11639/9/13 at 3:30pmpost #868 of 11639/9/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
You can't go wrong with either of them. I'm a big fan of Momo's. Own three pairs and had the 0702's before all the BO collabs weer out. While I'm normally a big advocate on Momo detailing, my personal opinion is that the pink inseam stands out a bit much on the darker models. This and the fact I couldn't size the 0702's properly, decided me to sell them.
I went with the PBJ's afterwards and haven't regretted it, but again... This is personal.
@ Argentino: Thanks man, seems the cut works well for me.post #869 of 11639/9/13 at 4:28pm
i tried to order the bom006 this morning, added it to my cart but then waited from an email back from jay and now they have orders on hold. probably wait and see if my size it available when they go back up and decide based on that.
What do you mean by "james bond jeans"??? I was trying to find the exact model
- Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 39 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 49 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 54 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › I need your eyes (not in a literal sense) - counterfeit or not? 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...