Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 5/4/16 at 10:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Best raw jeans at <250 Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:44pm in Streetwear and Denim
- DROP! w36 (fits 34-35) BNWT MOMOTARO 'Going to Battle' Tight Straight Jean 0705SP Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:55pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-011 Left Hand Slim Tapered size 34 Last post on 10/9/13 at 5:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
In Passing: Chicago
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- In the Details: Lucian FöhrLast edited: 5/25/16
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread - Page 58post #856 of 12127/31/13 at 10:14ampost #857 of 12128/5/13 at 10:37ampost #858 of 12128/5/13 at 6:48pmpost #859 of 12128/15/13 at 2:41pmpost #860 of 12128/16/13 at 10:44pmpost #861 of 12129/4/13 at 5:14pm
so I got these for a steal while thrifting..Just wondering what you guys could tell me about them in terms of the model?post #862 of 12129/9/13 at 10:59ampost #863 of 12129/9/13 at 1:29pmpost #864 of 12129/9/13 at 2:30pmI am a premium denim neophyte. Decided to buy some "nice" denim.
I now have two pair of PBJ jeans, both purchased in the last few weeks from the good folks at Blue in Green:
First is the AI 001. Very heavy, yet still comfortable. Fabric has an interesting hand. Yarns are hand dyed with some wonderful ancient Japanese secret process that dyes the yarn to the core. Not sure why this is important, but I paid extra for it anyway because I'm sort of a sucker for anything old school and "crafty."
Second pair is the X 009 Slightly less heavy. Fabric is very very dark blue. Apparently woven completely of dark threads in both weft and warp.
Fit on both pair is good on me. I was worried because I have a big butt and big thighs, but the cut on these is just about perfect. Wearing them cuffed.
I can tell it's going to be a long process of breaking in and fading on these jeans, but I'm very much looking forward to the results.
Will post some pics when I get the chance.post #865 of 12129/9/13 at 2:53pmpost #866 of 12129/9/13 at 3:03pmpost #867 of 12129/9/13 at 3:30pmpost #868 of 12129/9/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
You can't go wrong with either of them. I'm a big fan of Momo's. Own three pairs and had the 0702's before all the BO collabs weer out. While I'm normally a big advocate on Momo detailing, my personal opinion is that the pink inseam stands out a bit much on the darker models. This and the fact I couldn't size the 0702's properly, decided me to sell them.
I went with the PBJ's afterwards and haven't regretted it, but again... This is personal.
@ Argentino: Thanks man, seems the cut works well for me.post #869 of 12129/9/13 at 4:28pm
i tried to order the bom006 this morning, added it to my cart but then waited from an email back from jay and now they have orders on hold. probably wait and see if my size it available when they go back up and decide based on that.
What do you mean by "james bond jeans"??? I was trying to find the exact modelpost #870 of 12129/9/13 at 5:59pm
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 25 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 46 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you RIDE today? 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding