Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 4/14/15 at 11:55am in Streetwear and Denim
- Best raw jeans at <250 Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:44pm in Streetwear and Denim
- DROP! w36 (fits 34-35) BNWT MOMOTARO 'Going to Battle' Tight Straight Jean 0705SP Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:55pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-011 Left Hand Slim Tapered size 34 Last post on 10/9/13 at 5:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Last edited: 5/11/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- A Sea of Sand: A Star Wars-Inspired EditorialLast edited: 12/20/15
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread - Page 57
Styleforum Top Pickspost #842 of 12026/21/13 at 10:39pmpost #843 of 12026/24/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Ummmm.... actual weartime on them is probably 11-12 months, with quite a few breaks. I bought them in March '11 I think. Haven't worn them in almost 9 months (working on Japan Blue 400s, and then right into the Momotaros).
I was surprised pulling these out again - the weight is so different in the fabric (it's far more broken in, but still) and despite the measurements in the top block being relatively similar to my 702s, I was just amazed at how differently they fit.
ello ello. how did you size in the PBJ compared with the 702s? How is the fit comparison. I thought the 007 was a more 702type fit?post #844 of 12026/26/13 at 5:38pmQuote:
In both the PBJ 007 and 009, I went -1 to a 33. Had to move on the 007s b/c thighs were so tight. 009s are still good.
In Momotaro 701/702 I've gone TTS, 34 and then subsequently +1, 36. Again, had to move on the 34s b/c of thighs, but the 36 momos are great.
So, PBJ 33 (larger cut), Momotaro (smaller cut) 36.post #845 of 12027/11/13 at 11:26ampost #846 of 12027/15/13 at 11:31ampost #847 of 12027/18/13 at 1:15pmpost #848 of 12027/18/13 at 1:42pmI have the 11s and I'm looking to buy the 13s. I think the 11s were a bit too slim for my post-soak.
Which leads me to consider getting the One Wash so I can stop stressing about shrinkage. Are the One Wash versions really soft and floppy? I kinda prefer my jeans to have some rigidity, esp when new.post #849 of 12027/18/13 at 1:52pm
I actually just bought the 13's second hand, and might buy some 11's the same way and sell the one I like less. Looking at them, I do like slub, but I like the fades of the 11's much more than 13's.
In any case, the 13's I bought (basically new) are one wash, so I'll let you know how they feel when they arrive.post #850 of 12027/29/13 at 10:53ampost #851 of 12027/29/13 at 11:45ampost #852 of 12027/30/13 at 6:37ampost #853 of 12027/30/13 at 7:59ampost #854 of 12027/30/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
PBJs, I find more and more, are very hard to size. FWIW, I have the 009 (similar to the 003, but w/ the deep indigo) and even after two years now I just washed them and they still shrunk further down. The seat and thigh are no longer baggy at all. Also though, I went -1 in sizing.Quote:
Completely onboard with you. I think a lot of the stretchyness of PBJ was overstated earlier in the thread. I would definitely go TTS in this brand, almost regardless of cut, and when in doubt, "size for thighs" (which I realize is difficult buying online, but y'know...)
- Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 21 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 30 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...