Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF MAR 30, 2015 Last post on 5/4/16 at 10:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Best raw jeans at <250 Last post on 6/12/12 at 10:44pm in Streetwear and Denim
- DROP! w36 (fits 34-35) BNWT MOMOTARO 'Going to Battle' Tight Straight Jean 0705SP Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:55pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- PRICE DROP! Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-011 Left Hand Slim Tapered size 34 Last post on 10/9/13 at 5:04pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Random fashion thoughts Last post on 5/17/15 at 12:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
In Passing: Chicago
Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- In the Details: Lucian FöhrLast edited: 5/25/16
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread - Page 57post #842 of 12176/21/13 at 10:39pmpost #843 of 12176/24/13 at 5:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Ummmm.... actual weartime on them is probably 11-12 months, with quite a few breaks. I bought them in March '11 I think. Haven't worn them in almost 9 months (working on Japan Blue 400s, and then right into the Momotaros).
I was surprised pulling these out again - the weight is so different in the fabric (it's far more broken in, but still) and despite the measurements in the top block being relatively similar to my 702s, I was just amazed at how differently they fit.
ello ello. how did you size in the PBJ compared with the 702s? How is the fit comparison. I thought the 007 was a more 702type fit?post #844 of 12176/26/13 at 5:38pmQuote:
In both the PBJ 007 and 009, I went -1 to a 33. Had to move on the 007s b/c thighs were so tight. 009s are still good.
In Momotaro 701/702 I've gone TTS, 34 and then subsequently +1, 36. Again, had to move on the 34s b/c of thighs, but the 36 momos are great.
So, PBJ 33 (larger cut), Momotaro (smaller cut) 36.post #845 of 12177/11/13 at 11:26ampost #846 of 12177/15/13 at 11:31ampost #847 of 12177/18/13 at 1:15pmpost #848 of 12177/18/13 at 1:42pmI have the 11s and I'm looking to buy the 13s. I think the 11s were a bit too slim for my post-soak.
Which leads me to consider getting the One Wash so I can stop stressing about shrinkage. Are the One Wash versions really soft and floppy? I kinda prefer my jeans to have some rigidity, esp when new.post #849 of 12177/18/13 at 1:52pm
I actually just bought the 13's second hand, and might buy some 11's the same way and sell the one I like less. Looking at them, I do like slub, but I like the fades of the 11's much more than 13's.
In any case, the 13's I bought (basically new) are one wash, so I'll let you know how they feel when they arrive.post #850 of 12177/29/13 at 10:53ampost #851 of 12177/29/13 at 11:45ampost #852 of 12177/30/13 at 6:37ampost #853 of 12177/30/13 at 7:59ampost #854 of 12177/30/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
PBJs, I find more and more, are very hard to size. FWIW, I have the 009 (similar to the 003, but w/ the deep indigo) and even after two years now I just washed them and they still shrunk further down. The seat and thigh are no longer baggy at all. Also though, I went -1 in sizing.Quote:
Completely onboard with you. I think a lot of the stretchyness of PBJ was overstated earlier in the thread. I would definitely go TTS in this brand, almost regardless of cut, and when in doubt, "size for thighs" (which I realize is difficult buying online, but y'know...)post #855 of 12177/31/13 at 10:09am
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 59 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 17 minutes ago
- › Patina on suede?! 18 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 29 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 36 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 38 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 42 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...