or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread - Page 79

post #1171 of 1225
My wife always thought I'd sat in gum when I wore my PBJs too
post #1172 of 1225
Hi guys..

I just received a gift an amazing PBJ XX-015 18oz in size 33.. Im surpized its quite soft and i assume this is the one wash version..

Did hem from 37"inseam to 31" because the taylor who hemmed my pair tell me they gonna shrink in length for about 2" maximum later, its that true ? Does the leg opening still too loose ? Or is it perfect already ? Do you guys recommending another hem and alter the leg openings ?
Here is the fit





Thanks guys..

And sorry for my english
Edited by vrexiouz - 9/28/15 at 10:08am
post #1173 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexiouz View Post

Hi guys..

I just received a gift an amazing PBJ XX-015 18oz in size 33.. Im surpized its quite soft and i assume this is the one wash version..

Did hem from 37"inseam to 31" because the taylor who hemmed my pair tell me they gonna shrink in length for about 2" maximum later, its that true ? Does the leg opening still too loose ? Or is it perfect already ? Do you guys recommending another hem and alter the leg openings ?
Here is the fit





Thanks guys..

And sorry for my english

 

I have the exact same jeans, and love them! They are a one wash, but I reckon there is still a little shrinkage left in them. I hemmed mine a tad longer just to be safe. Worst case if they don't shrink when I do wash them, I can just cuff them a bit more. They are surprisingly soft for an 18oz denim, I will definitely be buying another pair. Enjoy them!

post #1174 of 1225
Read a few posts back where someone said they got their jeans hemmed and the taper was lost essentially turning the jeans into straight leg. Can anyone confirm this?
post #1175 of 1225
^
Well, if original inseam on a tapered cut is, like @round 36" & u get them hemmed @30", then mosdef the difference in ratio between knee-&-hem will be noticeable.
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 10/7/15 at 3:20pm
post #1176 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

^
Well, if original inseam on a tapered cut is, like @round 36" & u get them hemmed @30", then mosdef the difference in ration between knee-to-hem will be noticeable.

Ugh...I'd have to get them hemmed to about 31". My RgTs still look tapered at that length.
post #1177 of 1225

Looking at a new pair of PBJ's, this time 013 instead of my XX-005.

 

Can anyone comment on the 18oz fabric compared to the normal 14oz I am used to?

 

I thought the 005's were hot in summer and didn't breath the best, not super comfortable etc.  (Maybe because they fit tight)

post #1178 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFetter View Post

Looking at a new pair of PBJ's, this time 013 instead of my XX-005.

Can anyone comment on the 18oz fabric compared to the normal 14oz I am used to?

I thought the 005's were hot in summer and didn't breath the best, not super comfortable etc.  (Maybe because they fit tight)

Well... The 13s are both slimmer/tighter, and more ounces, so I think you answered your own question.
post #1179 of 1225

I outgrew my 005s in the thigh area, and also this time around want something without such a wide leg opening.

The 013's are good on both accounts because of the 1/2 wider thigh, but this isn't enough so I was also going to size up one or maybe two sizes as well.  (going from 30 to 31/32)

post #1180 of 1225
Looking for some suggestions. I grabbed a pair of chinos that fit me perfect and waist measures 34" exactly. If I get a pair of xx-012 should I get the once washed version in 34" and hope it doesn't stretch too much or should I get 33" and expect the stretch? Also how much can I expect the thigh to stretch back out?
post #1181 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit402 View Post

Looking for some suggestions. I grabbed a pair of chinos that fit me perfect and waist measures 34" exactly. If I get a pair of xx-012 should I get the once washed version in 34" and hope it doesn't stretch too much or should I get 33" and expect the stretch? Also how much can I expect the thigh to stretch back out?
Get the 34. Thighs won't stretch out
post #1182 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


Get the 34. Thighs won't stretch out

Agree, get the 34. I made the mistake of getting a size 32 in the hopes the thighs would stretch out on my XX-18oz-015. Although I can wear them fine, I do regret not getting the 33's 

post #1183 of 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1985 View Post

Agree, get the 34. I made the mistake of getting a size 32 in the hopes the thighs would stretch out on my XX-18oz-015. Although I can wear them fine, I do regret not getting the 33's 

Ordered the xx-012 in 34 one washed. Also ordered the nc-xx-011 black. I think I'm going 33 on that as it looks like it runs a tad bigger than the 012s from my limited research.
post #1184 of 1225
Got the xx-012 in today And they fit great. Thought I would have a little trouble getting em on but I got a little thought stretch and all is good. Great fit and SLUBBY!
post #1185 of 1225
Fit pic of the XX-012...not the best pic, but the fit is pretty good I think. Thoughts?


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread