or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price? - Page 7

post #91 of 290
I just called and the lady agreed to lower the price on Friday. If these things come in at $150, that's a killer deal.
post #92 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
I just called and the lady agreed to lower the price on Friday. If these things come in at $150, that's a killer deal.

how do you get the discount?Do you have to use BB credit card to qualify for the sale?
post #93 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
how do you get the discount?Do you have to use BB credit card to qualify for the sale?

I believe it's for BB Credit Card holders only.
post #94 of 290
15 percent for non-card holders, right?
post #95 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayland View Post
Lefty, are you on the mailing list or did you just mention the sale and they lowered the price? I ordered them this morning but would love to save 25%.

I'm on the mailing list.

Preferred Customer Event Oct 31 - Nov 9
25% off when using BB Platinum MC or Brooks Card.
15% off with other forms of payment.

It seems that you should be able to get at least 15% off.

lefty
post #96 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I'm on the mailing list.

Preferred Customer Event Oct 31 - Nov 9
25% off when using BB Platinum MC or Brooks Card.
15% off with other forms of payment.

It seems that you should be able to get at least 15% off.

lefty

yeah,I got that too,15% off on two pairs would be $60,it wouldn't hurt.I guess we can call tomorrow and ask them to apply the discount.
post #97 of 290
I just received both pairs of the burgundy and black in 10s. I wear a 10D on the left foot, and a 9.5D on the right foot. Both pairs fit me somewhat loosely wearing dress socks. I'll probably return these pair because they feel too big, and my heel slips in both. Tomorrow, I'll be receiving the 9.5D pairs, which should fit better. By the way, these are Alfred Sargents, they have similar handwritten marking on the inside like the plain-toe bluchers that I bought recently on clearance. All of the shoes have the 87D marking as mentioned earlier.
post #98 of 290
25% would so rock. Was there some code or something? I'm not sure I got the mailing. EDIT: Never mind. Found the card.
post #99 of 290
The mailing just came with a catalog for me today. You don't really need it. Just tell them you got a card for the preferred customer event and you'd like to use the discount. The web site just added more sizes today, so I went ahead and ordered a pair of the burgundy chukkas for myself.
post #100 of 290
So, the last on these AS for BB is more long and narrow than short and blobby? Is that a consensus? I don't get why BB does not provide a view of the shoe from above. Their catalog pictures (and website in general) are pretty but awful insofar as they provide useful information. It's too hard to see the toe shape and relative proportions from the one angle they often provide. Pretty + awful = pretty awful.
post #101 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
So, the last on these AS for BB is more long and narrow than short and blobby? Is that a consensus?

I don't get why BB does not provide a view of the shoe from above. Their catalog pictures (and website in general) are pretty but awful insofar as they provide useful information. It's too hard to see the toe shape and relative proportions from the one angle they often provide. Pretty + awful = pretty awful.

I would not call these long and narrow. Glad I ordered 2 sizes - my normal and 1/2 size up. Keeping the larger.

lefty
post #102 of 290
Alas, it would appear as though they are no longer available online. Good thing I ordered 4
post #103 of 290
Sorry for the crappy iPhone shots, but here are a few shots of the suede Chukkas.



The shape is somewhere in the middle - I definitely don't find them blobby, and in person they actually have quite a bit of refinement that the photos don't do justice to, IMO. That said, they're not Tetburys, and they don't hold a candle to my Rider RBCB1 chukkas.

Still, they look plenty nice and I'll be keeping them. They fit true to size and they're comfy.

Also showed a shot of the writing on the inside. I don't know anything, but thought the pros might be able to tell for sure whether they're AS or CJ based on this photo:

post #104 of 290
Wow the shape and construction looks just like the $37.50 Lands' End AS chukkas from a year back.
post #105 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
Wow the shape and construction looks just like the $37.50 Lands' End AS chukkas from a year back.


hell,this even looks better than BB boot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price?