or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price? - Page 6

post #76 of 290
So I can just call up and get the 25% applied to a sale item?

I will order these for $150..
post #77 of 290
With Dainite soles, when you can't see a nail pattern on the heels, use the color of the insole stamp to distinguish the maker: gold for AS and, IIRC, silver for C&J.

Unfortunately, I'm currently tapped out, trying to save money for furniture, so I won't be buying. Of course, I already own 2 pairs of brown winter boots and a pair of pebble grain bluchers, all with Dainite soles, for winter wear. So I'm pretty well set.
post #78 of 290
So ... the plain-toe bluchers ... true to size?

(Not the chukkas, the bluchers.)
post #79 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4 View Post
So ... the plain-toe bluchers ... true to size?

(Not the chukkas, the bluchers.)

I'd say the brown plain-toe bluchers are true to size. My left foot is 10D and my right foot is 9.5D. I have the 10s, and the right one fits me just a tad loose as expected. They were a tad uncomfortable at the end of the day after wearing them to me. So I'm still breaking them in.

The black ones however seemed to be a little larger to me. I had to return them. Not sure if I had a weird pair or not.
post #80 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Aver View Post
Then I am mistaken, sorry. Either way they are still a good deal. Also I got a letter from BB yesterday offering 25% off sale. Called up customer service and got an adjustment for the extra %25 off my boots. For $150.00 I dont care if they are A&S!
Did some googling and searching on the forums, and can't find anything on this mystery sale. Is BB credit card holders only? Any ideas, guys?
post #81 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by rilian View Post
Did some googling and searching on the forums, and can't find anything on this mystery sale. Is BB credit card holders only? Any ideas, guys?

I got a card in the mail during the last week and I want to say it is 15% for everyone and 25% for cardholders. In the fineprint it says some items are excluded (cordovan shoes) and I think the sale starts on Friday.
post #82 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
Probably, but I don't know. For Brooks Brothers, without knowing more, I would always guess Sargent for their current lineup. The chukkas look like another pair of sargents I have.

I can tell you within 2 seconds if someone posts a pic of the handwriting on the inner ankle.

I dont have a pic but I am wearing mine now. The insole stamp is gold and the writing on the inside goes as follows:


87D 50514
6770 9 ½ 6951

made in England



So I am guessing these are AS?
post #83 of 290
Thanks for the heads up. One pair burgundy pebble grain and one pair brown suede on the way!
post #84 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Aver View Post
I dont have a pic but I am wearing mine now. The insole stamp is gold and the writing on the inside goes as follows:


87D 50514
6770 9 ½ 6951

made in England



So I am guessing these are AS?

pic is better
post #85 of 290
^ If I'm not mistaken, AS produces several styles on their 87 last while none of the numbers in those sequences corresponds to anything from C&J afaik.
post #86 of 290
Has anyone tried to get them to honor website prices in-store? Just curious.
post #87 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Has anyone tried to get them to honor website prices in-store? Just curious.

The stores will honor if you tell them they are on sale,I tried to get them from the store but ended up placing an online order.
post #88 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Has anyone tried to get them to honor website prices in-store? Just curious.

Do they have them in store? The few times I've gone to check a size of a sale shoe I rarely find them.

I just called CS and had the price dropped 25%. Thanks to the fellow who mentioned it.

lefty
post #89 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I just called CS and had the price dropped 25%. Thanks to the fellow who mentioned it.

lefty

Lefty, are you on the mailing list or did you just mention the sale and they lowered the price? I ordered them this morning but would love to save 25%.
post #90 of 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Do they have them in store? The few times I've gone to check a size of a sale shoe I rarely find them.

I just called CS and had the price dropped 25%. Thanks to the fellow who mentioned it.

lefty

That would be me, your welcome

Thanks to whoever alerted us to the sale.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price?