Originally Posted by heynow
so i came across a cashmere made in italy blazer by RL Polo, my question is what makes this jacket different from RLPL of the same nature?
My thoughts, for what they're worth:
- RL Polo Made in Italy blazers are made by Corneliani.
- RLPL will be made by Saint Andrews (or possibly Cantarelli, depending on the exact jacket).
- All are well-respected, but Saint Andrews is the best.
- RL Polo comes in several different cuts; RLPL generally favours one cut.
- RL Polo has historically been somewhat looser fitting, although some cuts are much trimmer, esp. recently. RLPL has historically been more of an English cut, but has been trending a bit more Italian recently.
I prefer RLPL most of the time, since it fits me better (the bonus is the better construction & sometimes fabrics). But both will be decent jackets.