or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can someone please explain khakis?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can someone please explain khakis? - Page 9

post #121 of 132
And how old are you?
post #122 of 132
hey guys I thought this thread about khakis I'm planning on moving back to Hawaii, and I understand the dress code there is very casual, meaning aloha shirts and khakis. Now I would like to get khakis that aren't Dockers. I've heard of Bill's Khakis but I don't know if they're worth the price tag. I do remember Dr. Bresch sharing a negative review of them, as well as someone else claiming that they've worn out in a matter of months. If I'm going to pay $90+ for a pair of khakis, they'd damn better be worth it. I'm also planning on stocking up on tropical wool trousers. Can anyone recommend some good mills? (ps. Zegna and Loro Piana are out of my $$$ range, also I hate everything over 10 oz)
post #123 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
And how old are you?
I am 30, getting old, ready to purchase a walker soon. Why are you asking me that?
post #124 of 132
Quote:
hey guys I thought this thread about khakis I'm planning on moving back to Hawaii, and I understand the dress code there is very casual, meaning aloha shirts and khakis. Now I would like to get khakis that aren't Dockers. I've heard of Bill's Khakis but I don't know if they're worth the price tag. I do remember Dr. Bresch sharing a negative review of them, as well as someone else claiming that they've worn out in a matter of months. If I'm going to pay $90+ for a pair of khakis, they'd damn better be worth it. I'm also planning on stocking up on tropical wool trousers. Can anyone recommend some good mills? (ps. Zegna and Loro Piana are out of my $$$ range, also I hate everything over 10 oz)
Target Khakis. If you have to get khakis, being cheap is the way to go.
post #125 of 132
Quote:
Target Khakis. If you have to get khakis, being cheap is the way to go.
Sounds like a good idea. I need something cheap and easily alterable.
post #126 of 132
Thread Starter 
Don't do it man. For the love of god, pleeeease.... Heh heh, I'm just kidding. Why not get a pair of cotton or linen trousers that are khaki-colored?
post #127 of 132
Quote:
I've just come across this thread while browsing.  I would like to ask linux_pro if his avatar is an actual picutre of him.
wja, Was browsing as well, and wondering if one of the chaps in your avatar is you? If so, are you the tall bearded one, or the compact dapper looking gent in the stovepipe hat? Just curious.
post #128 of 132
Quote:
I believe it was Manton who stated somewhere on this forum that there is a tendency in the upper-middle classes to aspire to upper class status and detest the middle classes, and take drastic measures to not be viewed as such.  Somewhere, I might have picked up this mindset.  I can relate to it, as embarassing as that might be.  Definitely, the reason I came to this forum was to learn to dress in a fashion that would definitely not be confused with the mannerisms of the middle classes.  I can admit that, on an obscure internet forum.  I would never admit it in person.  I had assumed, possibly erroneously, that other people attracted to the services of bespoke tailors and shoemakers would share that mindset.   ... You can't buy good taste, proper manners, and a proper upbringing, but you better believe I'm going to make every attempt to change that if possible.
You can't fake being upper class. You'll be exposed every time.
post #129 of 132
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Quote:
(linux_pro @ Feb. 13 2005,14:10) I believe it was Manton who stated somewhere on this forum that there is a tendency in the upper-middle classes to aspire to upper class status and detest the middle classes, and take drastic measures to not be viewed as such. Somewhere, I might have picked up this mindset. I can relate to it, as embarassing as that might be. Definitely, the reason I came to this forum was to learn to dress in a fashion that would definitely not be confused with the mannerisms of the middle classes. I can admit that, on an obscure internet forum. I would never admit it in person. I had assumed, possibly erroneously, that other people attracted to the services of bespoke tailors and shoemakers would share that mindset. ... You can't buy good taste, proper manners, and a proper upbringing, but you better believe I'm going to make every attempt to change that if possible.
You can't fake being upper class. You'll be exposed every time.
Yes, it was an embarassing moment and I was hoping this thread would just die.
post #130 of 132
Dear AJL, I am the fellow on the right, the dude, standing on the log.  I asked about the hat since I wondered if linux_pro might want to trade chapeaux for a while.  Don't go asking about my bitch; she's not for sale.
post #131 of 132
Wow - I go to a conference for five days, come back, and this thread is still going. Keep it up and we can rival the black suit discussion. Bradford P.S. This thread inspired me to stop at a local men's store last night and buy a pair of Bill's Khaki's (M1 - flat fronts). I should have them on Monday.
post #132 of 132
Quote:
Keep it up and we can rival the black suit discussion.
Tipping is the new black suit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Can someone please explain khakis?