or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ricky sent me a package - pics
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ricky sent me a package - pics

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I was so delighted today when I received a package from Ricky. I can't contribute much knowledge to this forum, but I hope I can contribute this way by posting pictures. I am very satisfied with these shirts. The fabrics are excellent. The collar is perfect. MTM is truly an long educational experience. It took me many iterations to finally realize that what I like, and what suits me, is a high-stance, extreme spread collar. Look at the shirts. Aren't they just heavenly?
post #2 of 18
Nice looking collars. Enjoy.
post #3 of 18
Nice collars. What is the collar number? Is there a more ``cutaway'' collar in Ricky's list? Thanks.
post #4 of 18
Thread Starter 
The collar is not on Ricky's list. I suggest just saying that you want a "high stance (1 7/8") extreme wide spread/cutaway collar with 3" points". The collar looks terrific when unbuttoned as well. In many ways this collar resembles Hilditch & Key's cutaway. BTW, I'm absolutely thrilled about the first shirt (Plain cotton 5 - marine blue). It is an extremely flattering color (looks better than photographed above), and probably the most flattering shirt I own at the moment. The shade of blue is just perfect, and the fabric feels silky. Looks a lot like the one Sebastian Valmont wore in Cruel Intentions. I highly recommend it. I just hope it does not fade when it comes back from the dry cleaners.
post #5 of 18
Quote:
The collar is not on Ricky's list. I suggest just saying that you want a "high stance (1 7/8") extreme wide spread/cutaway collar with 3" points". The collar looks terrific when unbuttoned as well. In many ways this collar resembles Hilditch & Key's cutaway. BTW, I'm absolutely thrilled about the first shirt (Plain cotton 5 - marine blue). It is an extremely flattering color (looks better than photographed above), and probably the most flattering shirt I own at the moment. The shade of blue is just perfect, and the fabric feels silky. Looks a lot like the one Sebastian Valmont wore in Cruel Intentions. I highly recommend it. I just hope it does not fade when it comes back from the dry cleaners.
I agree with you on the plain cotton No. 5. I own three.
post #6 of 18
They look great. I like the collar and have asked Ricky to make a deeper cutaway for me as well. When did you order these?
post #7 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I agree with you on the plain cotton No. 5. I own three.
May I ask how does Plain Cotton 5 hold up after multiple washes? Has anyone tried Plain Cotton 12 (Dark French Blue?) I once owned Sea Island Cotton 140's Blue and I was so sad when it was destroyed (severely whitened at the edges of the collar) when it came back from the dry cleaners. It's probably the dry cleaner's fault. Thanks everyone for your feedback.
post #8 of 18
I like the French Oxford and the Dobby - what fabric #'s are those?
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
I like the French Oxford and the Dobby - what fabric #'s are those?
French Oxford 1 Dobby 1
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Quote:
(Stu @ Feb. 09 2005,19:13) I agree with you on the plain cotton No. 5. I own three.
May I ask how does Plain Cotton 5 hold up after multiple washes? Has anyone tried Plain Cotton 12 (Dark French Blue?) I once owned Sea Island Cotton 140's Blue and I was so sad when it was destroyed (severely whitened at the edges of the collar) when it came back from the dry cleaners. It's probably the dry cleaner's fault. Thanks everyone for your feedback.
They have held up great. I love that color. Sorry to hear about the 140, I own one of those as well, and it has held up well also. I never send my shirts out anymore. I wash them at home in cold water, and iron them when still damp. those I don't feel like ironing I keep wrapped in a towel in the fridge until such time as I feel like ironing them. If you iron them when damp, they come out great, and you don't even have to starch them.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
those I don't feel like ironing I keep wrapped in a towel in the fridge until such time as I feel like ironing  them.
Now that is dedication. Perhaps a proper clothing fridge is in order.
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Quote:
(Stu @ Feb. 09 2005,18:15) those I don't feel like ironing I keep wrapped in a towel in the fridge until such time as I feel like ironing  them.
Now that is dedication. Perhaps a proper clothing fridge is in order.
Actually my wife is starting to complain. Something about not enough room to store my little girl's school lunches, or something like that. I'm gonna have to buy a special shirt fridge, seriously.
post #13 of 18
gregory, why are you sending your shirts to the dry cleaner? murderer... hand wash in cold water and hang dry indoors... iron while damp.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Quote:
(j @ Feb. 09 2005,19:01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu,Feb. 09 2005,18:15
those I don't feel like ironing I keep wrapped in a towel in the fridge until such time as I feel like ironing  them.
Now that is dedication. Perhaps a proper clothing fridge is in order.
Actually my wife is starting to complain. Something about not enough room to store my little girl's school lunches, or something like that. I'm gonna have to buy a special shirt fridge, seriously.
Ah, let the kid bring freeze-dried food to school. (Seriously though, this _is_ dedication, albeit a bit strange...)
post #15 of 18
Gregory, when did you order these shirts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ricky sent me a package - pics