or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion - Page 51

post #751 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
How do J. Crew "tailored fit" shirts fit in comparison to, say, H&M tees (sorry for the terrible comparison)? If medium H&M tees fit me well, would some J. Crew medium buttondowns in tailored fit me just as well?

Thanks much,
wmmk

EDIT: also, can I go into a brick & mortar store and have them order sale items from the website there? I'd like to get the student discount, and I don't have a credit card.

If you wear a medium in H&M tees you're probably a small in jcrew buttondowns. Also i'm pretty sure the phone in store to order stuff only works for regular full-price stuff.
post #752 of 820
imo j crew and h&m sizing are basically equivalent
post #753 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa View Post
You think coats are inherently excessive because you live in Los Angeles and are retarded.

then perhaps if there was an actual pragmatic use for them, but i dont believe in wearing a coat for the sake of wearing a coat. what's next, wearing sunglasses at night and wearing hats indoors?! oh wait, people already do that
post #754 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meis View Post
If you wear a medium in H&M tees you're probably a small in jcrew buttondowns. Also i'm pretty sure the phone in store to order stuff only works for regular full-price stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
imo j crew and h&m sizing are basically equivalent

Thanks for the advice, guys. I also take a small in H&M outerwear and knits, while I seem to be both medium and small for H&M buttondowns, depending on the slimness of the cut. Based on that, I'm thinking I'd be able to fit into a J.Crew small?

Anyway, the J. Crew website now says that they're sold of the shirts I was interested in--in all sizes. Is there still a chance that I could cop them in a brick & mortar and/or find them later (even if at full retail)?
post #755 of 820
you can call them on the phone and have them do an item search, they'll fedex you the item if they find it in your size or email you if they don't. takes a few days
post #756 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
Anyway, the J. Crew website now says that they're sold of the shirts I was interested in--in all sizes. Is there still a chance that I could cop them in a brick & mortar and/or find them later (even if at full retail)?

There is a good chance that a b&m will still have the shirt in stock. Often, but not always, the in-store sales will be better than the online ones, especially with the student discount. FYI the student discount is only for college students. I think I remember you saying you were in high-school.
post #757 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67 View Post
then perhaps if there was an actual pragmatic use for them, but i dont believe in wearing a coat for the sake of wearing a coat. what's next, wearing sunglasses at night and wearing hats indoors?! oh wait, people already do that
Arethusa's right, you're very ignorant about what you're arguing... Giving you the benefit of the doubt I'd say it must to be because you live in LA and don't understand foul weather, either that or you're plain dumb. Hmmm, maybe even just trolling. First, your pelvis area is very important to keep covered and insulated when at low freezing temperature's, almost as much as the trunk, distal extremities, and head. The pelvis holds organs (like your trunk) and needs to have blood supply (heat) well maintained. Also, longer coats lesser the amount of updraft from freezing winds that could reach your abdomniopelvic and thoracic regions. Where again, areas of importance to maintain body warmth. Longer coats additionally help minimize the amount of precipitation such as freezing rain and snow that make contact with your body. Due to the angling that precpitation comes down, the amount that reaches your pants will be greatly reduced with longer coats. Not to mention... Sartorially speaking, longer coats are a must when wearing tailored jackets and suits, as they must reach beyond the length of the jacket. They also carry a higher degree of formality that is more aptly suited for dressier garb than purely casual street clothing. Next time please don't make inane comments while talking from your ass. It's not really doing yourself any favors.
post #758 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
you can call them on the phone and have them do an item search, they'll fedex you the item if they find it in your size or email you if they don't. takes a few days
Oh, epic. Teger, you're pretty much mah favorite SF member ATM. So helpful, but also a giant snarkbag (school them SA's hard!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
There is a good chance that a b&m will still have the shirt in stock. Often, but not always, the in-store sales will be better than the online ones, especially with the student discount. FYI the student discount is only for college students. I think I remember you saying you were in high-school.
Good to know. When you say that in-store sales are 'better', do you mean that they just have better selection, or actually have lower prices?

Anyway, thanks for the FYI on the student discount. Maybe I'll drag a college friend or two along with me.
post #759 of 820
the in store sales usually have an extra 25-50% kicker, and the individual items are usually marked down more.
post #760 of 820
^^^wmmk,

for the student discount, in my experience, the salespeople have accepted high school IDs too.
post #761 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdawe View Post
Arethusa's right, you're very ignorant about what you're arguing... Giving you the benefit of the doubt I'd say it must to be because you live in LA and don't understand foul weather, either that or you're plain dumb. Hmmm, maybe even just trolling.

First, your pelvis area is very important to keep covered and insulated when at low freezing temperature's, almost as much as the trunk, distal extremities, and head. The pelvis holds organs (like your trunk) and needs to have blood supply (heat) well maintained. Also, longer coats lesser the amount of updraft from freezing winds that could reach your abdomniopelvic and thoracic regions. Where again, areas of importance to maintain body warmth. Longer coats additionally help minimize the amount of precipitation such as freezing rain and snow that make contact with your body. Due to the angling that precpitation comes down, the amount that reaches your pants will be greatly reduced with longer coats.

Not to mention...
Sartorially speaking, longer coats are a must when wearing tailored jackets and suits, as they must reach beyond the length of the jacket. They also carry a higher degree of formality that is more aptly suited for dressier garb than purely casual street clothing.

Next time please don't make inane comments while talking from your ass. It's not really doing yourself any favors.

hey, there is no need for the name calling. we can have a mature dialogue without the name-calling, there is no need to resort to immaturity.

and yes, it probably is because i have lived in l.a. my entire life and have never had the need for one. but thanks for your input. i will remember to pickup some coats before i move to Kansas City, Missouri
post #762 of 820
Apparently there are sometimes different 'store colors' and 'online colors' for the same item. Strange. I'm returning a sweater for the second time now that I've figured out how to get the color I want.
post #763 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
you can call them on the phone and have them do an item search, they'll fedex you the item if they find it in your size or email you if they don't. takes a few days

I've tried this service before and all they do is look in their database to see if a store has the item. I figure most of the time there isn't an actual inventory of the store so their database might not be complete.
post #764 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
^^^^I bought a pair at the Dallas Northpark store a few days ago, you might try there. They had quite a few pairs left. With the in-store discounts, student et al, they were about 20-25$. I don't know if they still have those promos running though.
Do you know the number of the store? Edit: NVM, found it, called them, and they said they were out of all sizes.
post #765 of 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
the funnelneck is one of the nicest pieces of clothing I own. I wear it like 2x a week

A few weeks back JCrew did a search for the funnel neck fleece for me but they had luck. I was bummed.

Every day I checked and saw it sold out on line.

Then a few days after I had given up I saw one large on line! I did that order as fast as ever, knowing that there was a slim chance of me getting it.

Lo and behold, I got it! And man do I love it. They should make more that baby!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew Fall/Winter 08 Discussion