or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata - Page 6

post #76 of 3951
^ I like it too, but the knife part is functionally dumb. It wouldn't be hard to make one on your own either if you had the right tools, though it might be difficult to source a nice piece of lumber like that.
post #77 of 3951
I hate iammatt.
post #78 of 3951
Thread Starter 
kronik - how many dining chairs do you need ?!

Will you sell me two Cherner armchairs now?
post #79 of 3951
Hah, those are paired with the Saarinen in a different room. Preemptive breakfast nook buying (I don't have one currently). I need to commit to buying only things designed in 1990 or later now.
post #80 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Why do I like this pot & pan rack? I don't know - i really like it though



Don't like the price at all though ($3.5k) << not for the faint of heart - unhide at your own risks
I think it is really cool, but am not sure how it would work outside of a very minimal or ancient, like southwestern France ancient, kitchen. In those it would look great, bringing some warmth to the minimalism, or some geometry to a really old,
post #81 of 3951
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I think it is really cool, but am not sure how it would work outside of a very minimal or ancient, like southwestern France ancient, kitchen. In those it would look great, bringing some warmth to the minimalism, or some geometry to a really old,

I would think the former. Not only minimalist though, but I think it would work well in an industrial kitchen if there are wood floors or beams.
post #82 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
I would think the former. Not only minimalist though, but I think it would work well in an industrial kitchen if there are wood floors or beams.
Agree. It is a really cool piece for the right place.
post #83 of 3951
I just realized I posted in the wrong thread. WOOPS.
post #84 of 3951
Coffee table by Janette Laverrière
post #85 of 3951
Ceiling light by Johanna Grawunder



post #86 of 3951
Picnic table made by my brother: Aluminum and some sustainable hardwood. He's a big fan of the exposed bolt, industrial look. Same wood as the fences. Patio and back yard are still works in progress. Wish I could take credit for the drawings, but they're my nephew's.
post #87 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
Picnic table made by my brother:

Aluminum and some sustainable hardwood. He's a big fan of the exposed bolt, industrial look. Same wood as the fences.

Patio and back yard are still works in progress. Wish I could take credit for the drawings, but they're my nephew's.

That's actually rather nice.
post #88 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Not a product, but I came across this house and there's something I really love about how it is decorated. Something a bit Labelking meets 2001: Space Odyssey meets barnyard, for lack of a better description. I can't say that I love everything there but it is a nice, refreshing change from a lot of cookie cutter MCM that is often displayed in house tours




I love this.
post #89 of 3951
GDL; looks like British Colonial. This is obviously a contemporary take on that but that is most certainly colonial. Quite typical of what you'd find in South Africa or Kenya.
post #90 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
GDL; looks like British Colonial. This is obviously a contemporary take on that but that is most certainly colonial. Quite typical of what you'd find in South Africa or Kenya.
+1, there's also some French/Italian influences in the antique stuff. I just bought a dining table in more or less that style:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata