or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata - Page 42

post #616 of 4068
Inherited two of these and thought they where pretty cool. Need to get new cushions made but will be worth it.
post #617 of 4068
^I like that.

My wife just bought a first generation womb chair and ottoman. Sadly, she didn't spring for the Megan Fox upgrade.



lefty
post #618 of 4068
^That color and everything? That's the best looking womb chair i have seen.
post #619 of 4068
No - sort of a baby shit yellow, so now we have to have it recovered and have to use knoll fabric at a cost of $140/metre. It takes 10 metres to cover these guys plus the $900 to do the work. I was against the whole idea so she won't tell me what the chair cost her.

Probably go for a lipstick red so I can at least feel some attraction for it.

lefty
post #620 of 4068
Thread Starter 
10 meters?!?! wtf?
post #621 of 4068
That's what I said, but three cushions and top and bottom of the chair adds up I guess.

Going to Knoll this afternoon to look at less expensive options.

lefty
post #622 of 4068
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
That's what I said, but three cushions and top and bottom of the chair adds up I guess.

Going to Knoll this afternoon to look at less expensive options.

lefty

Including buying a chair that doesn't need reupholstering, I hope. It is almost always a better deal to buy something in good condition vs buying a fixer upper. Rolls Royce collectors have a saying "Nothing is more expensive than a cheap Rolls Royce," and I think it applies to just about everything else ...
post #623 of 4068
Well, the chair is 60 years old and in pretty good shape. I would have been absolutely against a new one and she "sold" me on the collectibility of it.

I'm torn about the reupholstering as it may lessen the value of the chair.

lefty
post #624 of 4068
that price sounds about right. GF had a client reupholster a vintage Eames chair and it came out to something like $2K
post #625 of 4068
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVarick View Post
^That color and everything? That's the best looking womb chair i have seen.

+1 that fabric is great, so please reupholster it in something similar to that one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
Including buying a chair that doesn't need reupholstering, I hope. It is almost always a better deal to buy something in good condition vs buying a fixer upper. Rolls Royce collectors have a saying "Nothing is more expensive than a cheap Rolls Royce," and I think it applies to just about everything else ...

I rarely feel bad for Rolls Royce collectors.
post #626 of 4068
Work in progress. Thinking about this table for between the chairs: Threw a navy RL cable cashmere down filled pillow on the foremost chair, definetly considering options for the couch but I'm not sure that something modern will fit best. I'm loving these Jens chairs and Noguchi table.
post #627 of 4068
I would like to get some ops on this kitchen. I think it is very cool but want feedback. Feel free to be picky. I wont give you a price as shown so dont ask. I am looking for feedback on just the LOOK alone.
post #628 of 4068
Thread Starter 
I like it. Looks very much like ours. Except for the armoire, which looks out of place IMO
post #629 of 4068
Yep its a built in fridge.
post #630 of 4068
Thread Starter 
Well I don't like that part too much.

Seems to me that kitchen could use some more stainless steel and a simple sub-zero there would be a better choice for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata