or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata - Page 26

post #376 of 3754
oops.
above was my first post EVER.
didnt mean to draw so much attention with the huge pictures.
:-/
post #377 of 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiwan View Post
hi
please let me know what you think about this chair. it's a prototype, made from a single piece of perforated aluminium. no cuts, no welding, no joints, ... just a (meticulously) folded plate.

I like it. But I can't see sitting in it.
post #378 of 3754
it doesn't look like so, but it's actually very comfortable to sit on.
the fact that it's in aluminium however means that it does feel quite cold. even when it is on room temperature.
or was there another reason why you don't see yourself sitting on it?
thanx for the feedback.
post #379 of 3754
context is everything
post #380 of 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiwan View Post
hi
please let me know what you think about this chair. it's a prototype, made from a single piece of perforated aluminium. no cuts, no welding, no joints, ... just a (meticulously) folded plate.









more on http://tobiaslabarque.wordpress.com/
greetz.

i like it.
post #381 of 3754
looks like a nice interpretation of the S Chair.
post #382 of 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnapril View Post
context is everything



i suppose you were making a hint. :-)

better like this?

greetz.
post #383 of 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiwan View Post
hi
please let me know what you think about this chair. it's a prototype, made from a single piece of perforated aluminium. no cuts, no welding, no joints, ... just a (meticulously) folded plate.









more on http://tobiaslabarque.wordpress.com/
greetz.

I think it is very interesting and clever.

Reminds me of work by Xavier Lust ....and also Konstantin Grcic. I think it has commercial potential.
post #384 of 3754
im going to hijack this thread for a post and make it a small Q thread... i am looking for a particular painting. it is of a brown haired woman in a green outfit, i want to say militaryish jumpsuit but i dont know for sure. im pretty sure her boobs are exposed but someone had their avatar as the woman from the neck up. also i remember a post with a pic of this painting in their bedroom hanging over their bed thanks in advance
post #385 of 3754
The one that was in gossip girl?

No idea what it was but I remember a thread where someone posted a picture of a painting above a bed in a screen cap from the TV show. It then became their avatar picture
post #386 of 3754
yes, i do believe you are right. now that you say it, i think i do remember a green cap i didnt know it was from gossip girl though
post #387 of 3754
'Dog Bench' by Ben Jones





post #388 of 3754
DS-80 from De Sede







Julia Light by Peter Jansen

post #389 of 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersonic View Post


Whoa... That looks... weird.

I think I like it, but I'm not sure I could imagine a room it would look good in.
post #390 of 3754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim View Post
Whoa... That looks... weird.

I think I like it, but I'm not sure I could imagine a room it would look good in.

Yes, it is intriguing, it looks like some kind of alien biological organ. It was made using Stereolithographic technology.

Here are some more photos:




New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata