or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you tuck in your shirt into your underwear?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you tuck in your shirt into your underwear? - Page 2

post #16 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Brody View Post
What size Gap stretch tees are you buying? I also like them a lot as undershirts, but do think that they could serve to be an inch or two longer when serving that purpose with another shirt tucked in over top of them (though it does depend on the waist of the pants).

On a slightly related note, when I was in college I spent a year studying in Spain. The woman who I rented me my room also did laundry. She was just in love with my Gap stretch t-shirts. She would go on about how she knew clothes and they were good quality clothes. She basically wouldn't believe me when I told her how much they cost. I think that Gap did drop their quality and thickness for a time in the last few years, but it seems to me the last batch I bought were pretty good, so I hope they stay that way.

I get XL-T online...there is always a "but two get them cheaper" offer online...if it helps you gauge size, i mentioned my height, i'm about 230 lbs and wear a 44-46 sized suit coat w/ a 36" waist...I've tried the L-T's, but they are too tight for my tastes...the XL-T's are form-fitting but not tight.

As to quality...well, I wear them as an undershirt, so I guess I never thought about it...I just replace them as needed.

Hope this helps.

jag
post #17 of 73
I find it bizarre that anyone would tuck anything into their underwear
post #18 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmqt View Post
I get XL-T online...there is always a "but two get them cheaper" offer online...if it helps you gauge size, i mentioned my height, i'm about 230 lbs and wear a 44-46 sized suit coat w/ a 36" waist...I've tried the L-T's, but they are too tight for my tastes...the XL-T's are form-fitting but not tight. As to quality...well, I wear them as an undershirt, so I guess I never thought about it...I just replace them as needed. Hope this helps. jag
It does. Thanks! I've always bought them in the store and didn't realize they had a tall option. I will occasionally wear them as a standard white t-shirt, so I noticed when my newer ones started to wear out before my older ones.
post #19 of 73
No. And if you do, please keep it to yourself.
post #20 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litho View Post
I find it bizarre that anyone would tuck anything into their underwear

+1. Buy longer undershirts.
post #21 of 73
No. I use visits to the WC to straighten out the shirt / undershirt situation. Given how much coffee and water I intake daily, this provides ample opportunity to keep things in order.
post #22 of 73
I can't imagine the surprise a girl must feel if, while you're undressing, she sees your shirt tucked in your tighty whites, with the tail of the shirt peaking out of the leg holes.
post #23 of 73
Tucking your shirt into your underwear = Tucking your ween between
post #24 of 73
It's a compromise I'd never be willing to take...
post #25 of 73
If you get an extra long shirt, you can tie your two ends of your shirt through the leg holes of your tighty whities - making a really cool jump suit!
post #26 of 73
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of wearing underwear in the first place? With low rise trousers, if you tuck your shirt into your underwear, what if your shirt ends up pulling your underwear high enough to be seen?
post #27 of 73
Undershirt, yes; dress shirt, never. Nor have I ever worn a union suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litho View Post
I find it bizarre that anyone would tuck anything into their underwear

This must pose some difficulty at teh urinal, yes?
post #28 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of wearing underwear in the first place?

With low rise trousers, if you tuck your shirt into your underwear, what if your shirt ends up pulling your underwear high enough to be seen?
This is the reason I dont do it, I'm merely posing the question.
post #29 of 73
Why not just buy trousers with the elastic grip strip in the waistband (or have a tailor add that)? Works for me in terms of keeping my shirts in place all day.
post #30 of 73
Safe to assume that you guys who tuck have given up on the idea of undressing in front of a woman? Your mothers don't count. lefty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Do you tuck in your shirt into your underwear?