or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Champions League '08 - '09
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Champions League '08 - '09 - Page 24

post #346 of 465
Couldn't remember much about the game so I have watched it again on TV (yes I was there because I am a REAL fan) and I have to concede it was one of the most one sided finals I can remember. We just didn't turn up,20 minutes in I knew we were doomed.
Congrats to Barcelona,Iniesta is a little maestro.
I think Utd's fans,players and manager gave certain other teams a lesson in how to lose with good grace instead of screaming obscenities into cameras,attacking refs etc....
post #347 of 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post
Iniesta is a little maestro.
+1 Messi this and Messi that. Iniesta owned all. No question. On the bright side, I'm happy to see Henry finally add a CL medal to his collection after falling short multiple times. He's one of the most skillful strikers of the past decade and also one of my all-time favorites.
post #348 of 465
Brilliant, brilliant game. I'm going to watch it again tonight, cause I missed both goals... (Packed bar). Barca completely dominated, their weakened side didn't seem to matter at all.
post #349 of 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post
+1

Messi this and Messi that. Iniesta owned all. No question.

On the bright side, I'm happy to see Henry finally add a CL medal to his collection after falling short multiple times. He's one of the most skillful strikers of the past decade and also one of my all-time favorites.

Iniesta is brilliant. The only surprise is how long it's taken everyone else outside Catalunya to realize this.
post #350 of 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treen View Post
Brilliant, brilliant game. I'm going to watch it again tonight, cause I missed both goals... (Packed bar). Barca completely dominated, their weakened side didn't seem to matter at all.

The game was poor.
post #351 of 465
Wait! I haven't weighed in since the game.

CAMPEOOOONES, CAMPEOOOOONES, OLEEE OLEEEE OLEEEEEEEEE

Damn....ManU got worked, son! They were played off the pitch by a bunch of midgets!

I love my team! I love the Treble! Never in a million years did I think they'd so comprehensively take apart Man U, but they did!




post #352 of 465
Here's a pic of the mini maestro wearing his new hat. SF approved? I think so.
post #353 of 465
That shot of Pep is awesome.

Blaugrana al vent
Un crit valent
Tenim un nom que el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça!
post #354 of 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekonomist View Post
That shot of Pep is awesome.

Blaugrana al vent
Un crit valent
Tenim un nom que el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça!

Damn straight.

Cue the "waaaa, but were you there sniffing C. Ronaldo's jock? If not, then you're not a real fan"

Btw, Greek, I think you'll dig this video. Sure as hell got me pumped up for the match...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #355 of 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by benecios View Post
I think Utd's fans,players and manager gave certain other teams a lesson in how to lose with good grace instead of screaming obscenities into cameras,attacking refs etc....

Unfortunately, it appears a ManU supporter stabbed four people on a bus in Rome after the game. Not sure if this was just general craziness or anger after the game, but...

b
post #356 of 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
Damn straight.

Cue the "waaaa, but were you there sniffing C. Ronaldo's jock? If not, then you're not a real fan"

Btw, Greek, I think you'll dig this video. Sure as hell got me pumped up for the match...


If you actually went to a game I think you would literally explode,if you get this excited watching a re-run on TV the real thing would do you in.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #357 of 465
I was so scared the first five minutes..
post #358 of 465
Pretty embarrassing how quickly Ronaldo disappeared. After Eto'o scored, he just gave up. As Alistair Cooke said of the Duke of Windsor, "It is an epitaph from which all sensible men should shy at deserving, 'He was at his best when the going was good.'"
post #359 of 465
Thread Starter 
Apparently the host city impressed The Guardian(?) so much that they are calling for Roma to become the permanent venue for the final.....
post #360 of 465
^ That actually sounds like a pretty good idea. I wish they'd do the same with the Olympics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Champions League '08 - '09