or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What to carry, where to keep it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What to carry, where to keep it - Page 2

post #16 of 61
This is very difficult for me because I hate having anything in my pockets. The answer is just to carry around a briefcase, I think. I really hate stuff in my pockets... I don't know, I'm weird. But, when I must: wallet in inner breast pocket, cell phone in right pants pocket, keys in left pants pocket, along with any other random stuff - pills, sore throat lozenge, etc. business card case in right jacket flap pocket And all the other million things I carry around just have to stay in my bag and don't get to come with me.
post #17 of 61
God, you're all so much more virtuous than I am. I usually have: Wallet, far too large but I can never manage to thin it out, right hip pocket Cotton handkerchief, left front pocket Small comb, left front pocket Keys, right front pocket Loose change, < $1.00, right front pocket Palm Pilot, left inner coat pocket Phone, too large and clunky, in case clipped to right hip, feeling uncomfortable and ruining line of coat. I stopped carrying a pen the last time I broke a Namiki and realized that I never wrote by hand anymore so why bother. I wish I could fix some of these problems.
post #18 of 61
Carlo and others, Any idea of where I can find a long slim leather wallet for a low price ($30ish?). I'm not too concerned about brands for this, as I wouldn't use it a whole lot. I checked ebay but all I could really find were Prada wallets that were around $200 - too much.
post #19 of 61
Forgot about knives, I usually carry a Microtech Socom Mini Automatic...
post #20 of 61
drizzt3117....Nice to see another HK fan here. I have the USP Tactical in 45 and a P2000 in 40s&w and love them...
post #21 of 61
Drizz and Urban Warrior, You mofos are scary. I carry, let's see: A small billfold with an i.d. pocket, a few slots for credit cards, my keys, a pen, and eyedrops, all in my hiip pockets. Sometimes my cell phone. I put that in my ankle holster though, just in case I need to get the drop on someone.
post #22 of 61
Quote:
Sometimes my cell phone.  I put that in my ankle holster though, just in case I need to get the drop on someone.
I know exactly what you mean.
post #23 of 61
Quote:
Any idea of where I can find a long slim leather wallet for a low price ($30ish?). I'm not too concerned about brands for this, as I wouldn't use it a whole lot. I checked ebay but all I could really find were Prada wallets that were around $200 - too much.
Have you tried Marshalls and stores like that?
post #24 of 61
Vman - I found mine years ago at a Nordstrom Rack - got it for around $100 but original retail was like $500. Holds plane tickets nicely too.
post #25 of 61
Urban, sounds good, I prefer the HK to my other guns mainly because of the grips and general feel, it's just a well balanced gun. I have a pair of Ruger DC89 9mm that I like quite a bit too when I want to go all John Woo
post #26 of 61
I've got an HK USP .40 SW, and a Mossberg 590 (for my girlfriend in case of a break-in... no need to aim, just point and click). We also have a Ruger Mark IV (I believe), because it's just plain fun to go through a few thousand rounds on the range, and that little .22 will do it for under $50. Ha ha... never thought I'd see gun fans on this site. Of course, you both live in LA, right? As for the topic, I use a briefcase. I just got sick of having stuff in my pockets, it makes your pants bulge or your jacket sag and look like crap.
post #27 of 61
Quote:
I've got an HK USP .40 SW, and a Mossberg 590 (for my girlfriend in case of a break-in... no need to aim, just point and click).  We also have a Ruger Mark IV (I believe), because it's just plain fun to go through a few thousand rounds on the range, and that little .22 will do it for under $50.  Ha ha... never thought I'd see gun fans on this site.  Of course, you both live in LA, right? As for the topic, I use a briefcase.  I just got sick of having stuff in my pockets, it makes your pants bulge or your jacket sag and look like crap.
yes, LP, there are gun fans on the site, quite a few. we actually had a thread about it on the chat site in nov.
post #28 of 61
New York here. Not to hijack the thread but here is a pic of a few of my toy's
post #29 of 61
Yeah, my other (more serious guns) are a Bulgarian AK, Bushmaster Target 20, and a pre-94 Ingram Mac-10. One of my friends is working on getting me a Dragunov SVD though.
post #30 of 61
Sweet Jesus you guys. I guess gun ownership is something I'll never understand...UW, are you planning on invading a small country with that arsenal? A. P.S.>Yes I am Canadian and have led, apparently, much too sheltered a life to think concealed weapons are a good thing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What to carry, where to keep it