or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Any Ivy League Graduates?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any Ivy League Graduates? - Page 2

post #16 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Introduction to Queer Theory
Transgender Studies
Introduction to Song and Dance
Theatrical History 102: Vaudeville to Broadway
That's pretty good rach. You've been waiting to use that, haven't you?
post #17 of 314
of the ivies, i only like harvard, yale, princeton mit is the best though stanford and caltech are good, but too west coast and nouveau riche for me
post #18 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyliu52 View Post
of the ivies, i only like harvard, yale, princeton

mit is the best though

stanford and caltech are good, but too west coast and nouveau riche for me

Your rationale for not liking the other schools? And why is MIT the best?
post #19 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
That's pretty good rach. You've been waiting to use that, haven't you?
When it comes to making fun of Conne, every post is like a parade. Yes, one of "those" kinds of parades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
Your rationale for not liking the other schools? And why is MIT the best?
+1. I've learned never to be too quick to jump at posters for whom I don't know their full histories (because maybe he went to all of them!), but unless one actually attended all of those schools, I think it's hard to speak about "liking" or "disliking" them in any sort of objective way.
post #20 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
Your rationale for not liking the other schools? And why is MIT the best?

Not to mention that MIT, Stanford, and CalTech aren't even in the Ivy League.
post #21 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
When it comes to making fun of Conne, every post is like a parade. Yes, one of "those" kinds of parades.

Is this the reason he longer posts in WAYWT?
post #22 of 314
I bet this thread will break down into 10+ pages of Ivy vs. Non-Ivy and then ultimately deteriorate into my Ivy school was better than your Ivy school.
post #23 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by micbain View Post
my Ivy school was better than your Ivy school.
Well, it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemagic View Post
Is this the reason he longer posts in WAYWT?
I think the reason is more that no clothes look normal on him. Check out one of the many pictures the boy posts of himself... he's got no ass!
post #24 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Well, it was.

Liberal elitist....
post #25 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by micbain View Post
Liberal elitist....
So, what was your favorite experience at Dartmouth? Did you know Dinesh D'Souza?
post #26 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
Introduction to Queer Theory Transgender Studies Introduction to Song and Dance Theatrical History 102: Vaudeville to Broadway Anyway, in all seriousness, one of the things that I like about SF is that it is always a healthy, but humbling, experience that is good for ALL of us. For example, no matter what the topic, there is almost always guaranteed to be a poster who knows more, has more, or IS more in just about every way. It's a healthy check for the ego and I think it's especially good when it comes to "Ivies." There are posters here who have gone to literally every "good" school in the nation/world and, while there, have done so much amazing stuff that it both amazes and infuriates you! There are also members who went to non-ivy schools who also are doing VERY well in life and got as much... or more... from their education. It's good for keeping things in perspective. Same with shoes... you think you are doing well and then aportnoy comes along. Same with literally everything around here from martial arts to workout schedules to suits to decorative walrus penises...
Intro. to Historical Methods (pretty much alerady took this but they did not count the specific course ) Bio 101 (science requirement) Poli. Sci. 501
post #27 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
i'd die for a Princeton or Yale BA. It would solidify my elitist credentials to the point of irrefutability.

I do admire that you are not shy about being self depricating and being good natured, but I think your east coast elitist thing really is something you're almost proud of. I just do hope you realize how pathetic that could look to real elitists who do in fact fit the stereotype. I don't think one is allowed into that club with a degree from a football factory in the midwest.
post #28 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
I do admire that you are not shy about being self depricating and being good natured, but I think your east coast elitist thing really is something you're almost proud of. I just do hope you realize how pathetic that could look to real elitists who do in fact fit the stereotype. I don't think one is allowed into that club with a degree from a football factory in the midwest.

The kid knows he has no elitist credentials. It won't do any good trying to explain.
post #29 of 314
Went to state school and make a shit ton more than the ivy league grads I know.

Dosen't matter where you go, but what you do with it.
post #30 of 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post


Intro. to Historical Methods (pretty much alerady took this but they did not count the specific course )
Bio 101 (science requirement)
Poli. Sci. 501

Do you like historiography? What is it like taking a graduate seminar? (I had a roommate who was very into that, but I never got the chance to do this. I was in one in my field for one day, but then realized I was in way above my head.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Business, Careers & Education
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Business, Careers & Education › Any Ivy League Graduates?