or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What styles go well with pecs?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What styles go well with pecs? - Page 2

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyf View Post
Rounded shoulders? Can posture correct some of these problems, or does he have extreme lat development or something?
It is likely OP means OP's boyfriend's shoulders are heavily built which results in a rounded shoulder. See: Deltoids I highly doubt a round shoulder has something to do with lats
post #17 of 26
<---- idiot. Meant to say traps, not lats. I blame that tantalizing Live Feed that was posted in Trans. Mod.
post #18 of 26
I pay 50 to 60 euros for my shirts, and that's decent quality for a student - but I always need to get the sleeves shortened which adds another 15 euros. A custom shirt can be had at 80 euros.

Go for custom shirts.
post #19 of 26
I need to return some videotapes.
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post
The hell, guys?

Capn Save-em
post #21 of 26
The rounded shoulder problem is one of 2 things:

1. Either he has "sloped" shoulders (a steep slant from the place where the traps meet the neck down to the edge of the shoulder), in which case he needs to cut out work that involves his traps

Or

2. His shoulders roll forward (revealing a muscle imbalance between his anterior--front--and posterior--rear--deltoids), in which case he probably needs to bench press less and do more high rows or rear deltoid raises. This is actually a common problem for people who lift weights, because they focus WAY too much on the bench press.

In either case, the short term solution is either custom shirts or OTR shirts tailored at the waist.
post #22 of 26
+1000 to Goodlife's observations. I have a 11 inch drop, so shirt fit has always been a problem for me.

I buy the best quality shirt I can afford and then spend $15 at my neighborhood tailor to have the sides taken in and the sleeves slimmed. The result is a perfectly fitting shirt without breaking the bank.
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktri View Post
It is likely OP means OP's boyfriend's shoulders are heavily built which results in a rounded shoulder.

Agree with Viktri. I've always believed that, same as suits/sportcoats, one should fit the shoulders, neck, and arm length, and have the body and sleeves tailored. It's just part of the process of owning clothes that fit. Now then...


This is a terrible picture. I'm sure it came from a google image search, and I'm not knocking the method, just worked up about the terrible info that's out there. Big surprise that website's trying to sell something.

For those interested, the deeper muscles are stacked wrong, and the infraspinatus label is pointing to the teres minor.

Sorry about the rant, but these things are just as easy to get right as wrong.
post #24 of 26
Thread Starter 
Sorry for disappearing. I had class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing1 View Post
The rounded shoulder problem is one of 2 things:

1. Either he has "sloped" shoulders (a steep slant from the place where the traps meet the neck down to the edge of the shoulder), in which case he needs to cut out work that involves his traps

Or

2. His shoulders roll forward (revealing a muscle imbalance between his anterior--front--and posterior--rear--deltoids), in which case he probably needs to bench press less and do more high rows or rear deltoid raises. This is actually a common problem for people who lift weights, because they focus WAY too much on the bench press.

In either case, the short term solution is either custom shirts or OTR shirts tailored at the waist.

He doesn't do a lot of exercising at a gym. He does tennis and boxes a little, too. But he does have posture problems. He's so tall that he got into the bad habit of slouching to be on other people's level. His mother is only a few inches above five feet, so that probably has a lot to do with it. He's gotten into such a bad habit that he can bend his back forward quite a bit. He's been working on it but... if he works out more, it might help his rounded shoulders, then?
post #25 of 26
He does need to be aware & stand up straight. Tall women frequently have this problem; they bend to speak to others and so as not to intimidate, and they frequently are a bit insecure in their height, which also manifests itself in posture.

Boxers typically have overdeveloped anterior deltoids. He should do a lot of rowing work.

In short, get him to own his height and carry it confidently & to do some rowing (particularly cable rows finishing high at the shoulder level). With those moves and some shirt tailoring, he will own any room.
post #26 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing1 View Post
He does need to be aware & stand up straight. Tall women frequently have this problem; they bend to speak to others and so as not to intimidate, and they frequently are a bit insecure in their height, which also manifests itself in posture.

Boxers typically have overdeveloped anterior deltoids. He should do a lot of rowing work.

In short, get him to own his height and carry it confidently & to do some rowing (particularly cable rows finishing high at the shoulder level). With those moves and some shirt tailoring, he will own any room.

Thanks =)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What styles go well with pecs?