or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Some dude grabbed my wife's ass
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some dude grabbed my wife's ass

post #1 of 294
Thread Starter 
So my wife and I and several of her friends went out after the Ga/Tn game in Athens Sat. I'm watching the Fl/LSU game in another part of the bar when my wife comes up to me. She can be a drama queen sometimes but she tells me that some guy just grabbed her ass. Now I was ready to blow this off but she tells me it wasn't a tap but an actual grab and squeeze. Not only that, she confronted him and he says "You liked it." That was the final straw.

I'm not normally a confrontational person but things like this really get me going (that and I've had a few beers to boot). I go up to him and he starts playing dumb like what are you talking about...who?...etc. Then I say "her"-referring to my wife behind me and quirks this little smile. That really ticks me off and so I go into angry husband mode and start versing him on how he should learn to respect women. He tries to walk away and I grab his shoulder, he cusses me out and I throw him down in the bar...classy right? So he gets up and starts like shaking his PBR at me like a drunken fool. A few final words and my wife forces me to leave the bar.

I got some points with the wife but I wasn't really proud of my actions.

How would you have handled the situation?
post #2 of 294
Sounds like you were justified, this was not gray area. Hitting on her is one thing, even if it's in front of you, laying a hand on her is another thing entirely. The guy is lucky you didn't just cold cock him.
post #3 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
How would you have handled the situation?

You should've knocked the motherfucker out. Or, if you wanted to be a sissy, call the cops.
post #4 of 294
Thread Starter 
Trust me, if he had gotten up and done anything but swirl beer on me...it would have been over.
post #5 of 294
You should have grabbed his ass, and squeezed.
post #6 of 294
Reminds me of last night's episode of the Life of Tim on HBO
post #7 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive View Post
Trust me, if he had gotten up and done anything but swirl beer on me...it would have been over.

If he was going to do anything, it probably would've been a sucker punch to your face. Why even give him the chance?

Back in the old days, people would've been shot for this behavior.
post #8 of 294
you were in your rights to do what you did, and to pound him, as well.
post #9 of 294
Anything but murder is justified, imho. I find it pathetic he was playing coy when you first questioned him (unless he was crazy drunk). One thing about doing nasty stuff, once you get caught you might as man up and admit it and maybe offer an apology. Serves him right for not only getting his ass served but also humiliated in front of everyone. Its a good thing, thought, that the jackass was alone or his friends backed down.
post #10 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife View Post
You should have grabbed his ass, and squeezed.

+1
post #11 of 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
Anything but murder is justified, imho.

Holy shit.

You were right in what you did.
post #12 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
Anything but murder is justified, imho. I find it pathetic he was playing coy when you first questioned him (unless he was crazy drunk). One thing about doing nasty stuff, once you get caught you might as man up and admit it and maybe offer an apology. Serves him right for not only getting his ass served but also humiliated in front of everyone. Its a good thing, thought, that the jackass was alone or his friends backed down.

I was so angry I felt like I could take on all of his friends (especially if they were as drunk as he was). They probably just laughed and said what did this dumb ass do this time?

Quote:
You should have grabbed his ass, and squeezed.

Weird
post #13 of 294
Let me get this straight,

you went out to a bar...

in Athens, a notorious college partytown...

and a hell of a meatmarket...

after a big game...

and you threw a guy into the bar because he grabbed your admittedly drama queen wife's ass?

If you and your wife are that sensitive then you probably dont need to put yourself in those kinds of environments. I'm not condoning guys molesting your wife or any women, but ass grabbing in those situations is something that happens in college town bars. Guys grab girls asses. Girls grab guys asses. Everyone dances and does another shot.

At least those were the kind of college bars I used to hang out in when going to visit friends in Athens. Maybe you were in some grown up bar where more civilized behaviour would be expected, but if dudes were drinking PBR and watchin the game then it doesnt sound like it to me.

K
post #14 of 294
This is just silly - did your wife want you to get into a fight for this?? Did she want you to risk getting hurt for a butt squeeze?

There are too many crazy people out there to start fights with strangers IMO, especially drunk ones. The guy could have carried a knife, a gun - who knows... Call me a pussy but I would have taken my wife and walked out of there - best way out of a fight is to walk out. And the best way to avoid a fight is not to start one.
post #15 of 294
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
This is just silly - did your wife want you to get into a fight for this?? Did she want you to risk getting hurt for a butt squeeze?

There are too many crazy people out there to start fights with strangers IMO, especially drunk ones. The guy could have carried a knife, a gun - who knows... Call me a pussy but I would have taken my wife and walked out of there - best way out of a fight is to walk out. And the best way to avoid a fight is not to start one.

pussy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Some dude grabbed my wife's ass