• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who makes the best hair/face product? kiehls? aveda? malin? etc.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been trying products both face (cleanser, toner, moisturizer) and hair (shampoo, conditioner, styling product) of many different brands over the past year or so and have came to the conclusion that I still have no idea which I like the best, currently I am using a full line from Malin + Goetz that I got as a gift and I like it okay but the facial cleanser seems a bit more harsh then I am used to. What are your favs in both hair and face categories? the top ones seem to be from:

Keihls
Aveda
Malin
Anthony Logistics

and then the lesser tier (ie less $$) stuff that is carried at CVS and othe pharmacy stores, and to be honest I havent noticed a huge difference in my skin quality from those 'lesser' brands I used to use and the more pricey stuff I have been using over the last year (before I used Cetaphil and Complex 15). I have noticed a difference in the Shampoo/Conditioner/ and styling products in the more $$ stuff, they are def. better...imo

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, I guess I should have been more clear, I want to see what everyone personally likes, someone may love the Keihls rosemarry shampoo and think it is the best and another may hate it.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've become a big fan of the Aveda men's line. The hair clay and the shampoo. It gets very dry up here in Minnesota winters and I'm able to use the Aveda year round and never get dry hair or scalp. The clay works all day but washed out easily.

The scents are good too.

av_A3TX_162.jpg

av_A3TL_162.jpg

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
I've become a big fan of the Aveda men's line. The hair clay and the shampoo. It gets very dry up here in Minnesota winters and I'm able to use the Aveda year round and never get dry hair or scalp. The clay works all day but washed out easily.

The scents are good too.

av_A3TX_162.jpg

av_A3TL_162.jpg

i tried the hair clay and loved it have yet to try the shampoo though

jdtx3302

Reaction score
I prefer the MenScience line of products - http://www.menscience.com The face wash and face lotion are particularly good.

Also, Anthony launched a new line of higher end (supposedly better than Logistics and the Sport lines) that I am wanting to try next. It is called ACTION Anthony for Men. I couldn't find anything online, but its available at Nordstroms and Barney's Co-Op stores.

And the shampoo/conditioner that I like the best is Bumble and Bumble's line of products. In particular the thickening and creme de coco products.

dclloyd

Reaction score
I swear by Clinique for Men for all facial stuff - daily soap, moisturizer, aftershave, scrubber etc. For my skin type it's been the best I've found for the money.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd
I swear by Clinique for Men for all facial stuff - daily soap, moisturizer, aftershave, scrubber etc. For my skin type it's been the best I've found for the money.

+1 on Clinique for Men

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I have been trying products both face (cleanser, toner, moisturizer) and hair (shampoo, conditioner, styling product) of many different brands over the past year or so and have came to the conclusion that I still have no idea which I like the best, currently I am using a full line from Malin + Goetz that I got as a gift and I like it okay but the facial cleanser seems a bit more harsh then I am used to. What are your favs in both hair and face categories? the top ones seem to be from:

Keihls
Aveda
Malin
Anthony Logistics

Kiehl's will give you samples of all their products to try. I'd start there.

lefty

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Shiseido men has a good cleanser/toner/moisturizer set that isn't absurdly expensive, but I agree overall with the others who mention that it's very hard to make recommendations for these kinds of things, as skin types differ so greatly by the person.

Brian SD

Reaction score
My current favorite is BioTherm Homme. It's been awesome for my excessively dry skin.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I know I'll probably catch some **** for saying this, but I don't get all the "for men" lines and stuff. I've used baxters of Cali, and also jack black, and art of shaving. None of them seemed to work very well. Then, I forgot my stuff one weekend going to Lish's apartment and just used her regular girlie stuff. It worked much better for my skin, so since then I've just been buying the girlie facial stuff.
Granted, it does feel a little weird to have the bottle sitting in my medicine cabinet that says "cleanser AND make-up remover in one" and another one that says "beauty fluid" but it works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads