• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poulet au riesling (an Alsatian chicken dish) served with polenta. All homemade.

A few bites of Cote d'Or pecan milk chocolate. Straight from Belgium.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fabienne, I wish I had your dinner instead of mine.

Hot & Sour soup
Chicken & Broccoli w/ an orange sauce that I did not like over Brown Rice
Michelob light

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Roasted Chicken
Beef Noodle Soup
Strawberry Shortcake
2002 Arcadian SLH Pinot Noir

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Spaghetti with meat sauce
Green salad
Glass of milk

Bradford

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dinner at Pizzeria Paradiso (Georgetown location, not quite as good as Dupont Circle location for some reason):

tuna and white bean salad
pizza (half spinach/onion/mushroom, half scallops)
glass of red wine
biscotti
dessert wine

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cooked a Jamacian jerked pork -- a big ole' pork shoulder slathered with homemade jerk sauce.

Trinidad-style rice and peas on the side, doused with blistering Matouk's hot sauce, also from Trinidad and made with Scotch Bonnet peppers.

Had a salad of boiled breadfruit, boiled chayote, boiled green bananas, avocado and dark leaf lettuce.

Desert was a Partagas Series S Preferido and a glass of Old Fitzgerald 12-year-old Very Special bourbon with a few drops of water swirled in it. MMMM.

Sometimes when I'm really in that Caribbean mood I'll curry up a goat and put on the soundtrack from "The Harder they Come, the Harder they Fall."

BjornH

Reaction score
Sliced roasted beef (the tender part along the spine) with eggplant, pesto sauce, roasted pinekernel nuts and 'ekblad salad' (oak-leaf salad ?). Sorry - I don't have the vocabulary to do this justice. A bottle of Spanish reserva followed by Chianti Classico (we had a dinner guest). Two glasses of 17yr old Suntory whisky - turned out to be one too many
wow.gif
B

enderz

Reaction score
I went to Father's office in Santa Monica for the best burger in town.

the burger is dry-aged beef with gruyere and maytag blue cheese and comes dressed with spicy arugula and applewood-smoked bacon and caramelized onions. also ordered a side of their sweet potato fries and topped it off with two heffes. good stuff.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sliced roasted beef (the tender part along the spine) with eggplant, pesto sauce, roasted pinekernel nuts and 'ekblad salad' (oak-leaf salad ?). Sorry - I don't have the vocabulary to do this justice. A bottle of Spanish reserva followed by Chianti Classico (we had a dinner guest). Two glasses of 17yr old Suntory whisky - turned out to be one too many
wow.gif
B
Was the Chianti served with the roast beef, or after? I would have thought it was light for roast beef? Was the spanish wine a rioja? I guess it could have been good enough for that.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stu,

what does the next generation eat when you are eating all the spicy stuff?

BjornH

Reaction score
We had the Spanish one with the dinner. It was a Montecillo reserva '98 and it turned out to be a good match. Not too oaky as some Riojas tend to be - often there is not enough fruit to support all that oak and they feel hollow. This was actually a bottle that our guest brought so I guess we got lucky.

The chianti came towards the end of the meal and we finished it sitting and chatting at the table. This is often the best part of a dinner party - before everybody stands up and goes to the living room. It's so much nicer to chat around the table.

Bjorn

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stu,

what does the next generation eat when you are eating all the spicy stuff?
I only cook like that when I am alone. Neither the wife nor kid can tolerate the taste of that, or even the smell for that matter. I'm staying at my house in Florida right now on business, so I'm living it up while I do so.

alaaro

Reaction score
I went to a local chili restaurant and had Chili Bubba:

Corn bread, chili, onions, cheese, sour cream. So good.

I had half and half chili. Half vegeterian, half texas (all meat).

So good.

Oh, and like 3 iced teas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads