or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What did you eat last night for dinner? - Page 246

post #3676 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
before dinner hung out at a champange bar and had champagne

ravioli with duck in vegetable broth apetizer
confit of duck
tart tartin
nice enough sancerre with dinner

Man, sounds great.

I plan to try making duck confit in two or three weeks.
post #3677 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Tonight will be eggs with chorizo.

Oh man I LOVE chorizo! Hope it's ok!
post #3678 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Man, sounds great.

I plan to try making duck confit in two or three weeks.

I love confit. it is something that I would love to make, and have never gotten around to. maybe one day.
post #3679 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropics View Post
finished version

That looks incredible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
crispy pork tacos with fresh guacamole and salsa fresca

And so does this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Last night started off with foie for me. Here is it about to go into a blistering hot cast iron fry pan with some unsalted butter in it:



Then we had some cured meat we brought back from San Fran, and one of my thuringers, sliced and cold with pepper mustard aioli. Add to that some stinky cheeses, a few other cheeses, some roasted red pepper spread, bottle of wine and sliced baguette

Happy Piob.

Tonight will be eggs with chorizo.
Jesus Fucking Christ that's a big chunk of foie. If you were a restaurant, you'd be open for like 3 hours before going bankrupt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Histrion View Post
Dinner: We started it off by enjoying some munchies: serrano ham, prosciutto San Daniele, rosette de Lyon, smoked scallops, smoke albacore tuna. Then I cooked a pretty massive piece of wild, line-caught Red Spring Salmon along with asparagus, red peppers and shiitake. Washed down with a Gewurztraminer. Good times.
Was this "the dinner?" How'd it turn out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
I love confit. it is something that I would love to make, and have never gotten around to. maybe one day.

Zach, it's really easy. You just need to have the space in your fridge to hold the legs for however long you want them to sit in the fat--- usually at least a month.


And despite all the recent additions to this thread that are awesome, I'm going to be eating the best tonight. Taking my gf to Cyrus for dinner tonight.
post #3680 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Jesus Fucking Christ that's a big chunk of foie. If you were a restaurant, you'd be open for like 3 hours before going bankrupt.



And despite all the recent additions to this thread that are awesome, I'm going to be eating the best tonight. Taking my gf to Cyrus for dinner tonight.

It was the end cap to a lobe. Celebration from finding out I'm not making my own personal foie gras

Hope you have a great time tonight. Well, how can you not? Are you doing the pairings? Caviar?
post #3681 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Was this "the dinner?" How'd it turn out?

It was. It went very well. Thanks for your assistance -- I made a basil vinaigrette with white wine vinegar and canola oil as you had suggested. Big success. Check PM for more details.

Enjoy your meal with the girlfriend tonight!
post #3682 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
It was the end cap to a lobe. Celebration from finding out I'm not making my own personal foie gras

Hope you have a great time tonight. Well, how can you not? Are you doing the pairings? Caviar?
Hell no, no pairings or caviar. It's a huge stretch for me to just sit for dinner instead of eating at the bar. As a general rule of thumb, anyone working at a really nice restaurant probably can't afford to eat there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Histrion View Post
It was. It went very well. Thanks for your assistance -- I made a basil vinaigrette with white wine vinegar and canola oil as you had suggested. Big success. Check PM for more details.

Enjoy your meal with the girlfriend tonight!

Awesome, glad it went well!
post #3683 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Hell no, no pairings or caviar. It's a huge stretch for me to just sit for dinner instead of eating at the bar. As a general rule of thumb, anyone working at a really nice restaurant probably can't afford to eat there.

You don't get an employee discount?
post #3684 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
You don't get an employee discount?

More importantly, what will you be wearing?
post #3685 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn View Post
More importantly, what will you be wearing?

Allen Edmonds, Incotex, Brooks Bros buttonup w/ JCrew cashmere. Not balling by SF standards, but I'm feelin pretty good about it.
post #3686 of 25768
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Allen Edmonds, Incotex, Brooks Bros buttonup w/ JCrew cashmere. Not balling by SF standards, but I'm feelin pretty good about it.

Sounds pretty damn good to me. Actually, I had on AEs and Incotex when I went!
post #3687 of 25768
Pulled pork sandwich (sorry, was hungry):
post #3688 of 25768
Wife made an unbelievable sukiyaki tonight. Was
post #3689 of 25768
I had a terrible meal out tonight.

Thank God for gin and ch√ɬĘteauneuf-du-pape

- B
post #3690 of 25768
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?