or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What did you eat last night for dinner? - Page 1590

post #23836 of 25376
It's dcarch gone big time.
post #23837 of 25376
Wife (Jewish) will be out of town this weekend, which means I am planning a pork-laden feast for the weekend.

Suggestions for things to make? Bacon for breakfast, and I usually do a big batch of carnitas, but am debating doing something different this time around.
post #23838 of 25376
post #23839 of 25376
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Wife (Jewish) will be out of town this weekend, which means I am planning a pork-laden feast for the weekend.

Suggestions for things to make? Bacon for breakfast, and I usually do a big batch of carnitas, but am debating doing something different this time around.

get a hooker to call over and make you a cuban sandwich.
post #23840 of 25376
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Wife (Jewish) will be out of town this weekend, which means I am planning a pork-laden feast for the weekend.

Suggestions for things to make? Bacon for breakfast, and I usually do a big batch of carnitas, but am debating doing something different this time around.

Chinese pork belly steamed bun sandwiches.
post #23841 of 25376
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Wife (Jewish) will be out of town this weekend, which means I am planning a pork-laden feast for the weekend.

Suggestions for things to make? Bacon for breakfast, and I usually do a big batch of carnitas, but am debating doing something different this time around.
Tuscan rack of pork "arista."

Get Berkshire or a heritage breed if you can.

sauce is pork stock reduced with sage.
post #23842 of 25376
pulled pork and carnitas are first to mind
post #23843 of 25376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Chinese pork belly steamed bun sandwiches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Tuscan rack of pork "arista."

Get Berkshire or a heritage breed if you can.

sauce is pork stock reduced with sage.

Those are both fantastic ideas, thank you.

Going to have to find someone to help me eat all of this.
post #23844 of 25376
If you want to pork-out over the weekend, make sure you go to Ippudo and order extra pork belly and extra pork loin for your pork-broth ramen. Also, order the pork belly buns, which are reason enough to go there. You could order just the buns and be a very happy man.

I recommend the new midtown location. Just as good (if not better, since all noodles are now made there), with zero wait.
post #23845 of 25376
I actually went to Ippudo last week and did just that (minus the buns, but saw someone else order them and immediately regretted the oversight).

It was indeed fantastic. Will be returning.

They also take credit cards, so you can do a business lunch there if the slurping thing isn't a big deal. Can't do that at Totto.
post #23846 of 25376
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

I actually went to Ippudo last week and did just that (minus the buns, but saw someone else order them and immediately regretted the oversight).

It was indeed fantastic. Will be returning.

They also take credit cards, so you can do a business lunch there if the slurping thing isn't a big deal. Can't do that at Totto.

YOU DIDN'T ORDER THE PORK BELLY BUNS?!?!?!?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE??????
post #23847 of 25376
OK, this is interesting, I will need to check it out.
post #23848 of 25376
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

I actually went to Ippudo last week and did just that (minus the buns, but saw someone else order them and immediately regretted the oversight).

It was indeed fantastic. Will be returning.

They also take credit cards, so you can do a business lunch there if the slurping thing isn't a big deal. Can't do that at Totto.

Thanks for the invite, you know I work like a couple blocks from here.

I will admit I am always cranky about this place because they don't shovel the snow or slush away from the front in the winter. Enough to make me boycott them for the past few years.
post #23849 of 25376
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

YOU DIDN'T ORDER THE PORK BELLY BUNS?!?!?!?

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE??????

I saw an order of them go past, and immediately knew that I had made a huge mistake. One that I certainly do not intend to repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Thanks for the invite, you know I work like a couple blocks from here.

I will admit I am always cranky about this place because they don't shovel the snow or slush away from the front in the winter. Enough to make me boycott them for the past few years.

I actually thought you worked a bit further downtown. Was a work lunch besides, but I'm definitely up for going back.
post #23850 of 25376
Me, you and gome should go for lunch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?