or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What did you eat last night for dinner? - Page 1495

post #22411 of 25287
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbel View Post

Is that real Velveeta in the sauce? Looks way smooth.

So alpha he ignored the haters.
post #22412 of 25287
I took a rare (in the sense of "uncommon") and lovely Dover sole and fucked it up royally.
post #22413 of 25287
How?
post #22414 of 25287
Oh, you name it. Nice fish, too. Shame.

The sauce was good, though. So were the other courses.
post #22415 of 25287
Foie gras custard with morels:



Turbot in a salt crust with asparagus:

post #22416 of 25287
Looks great, Matt. How was the custard w/ morels? I'm looking forward to making that.
post #22417 of 25287
Would love to try that custard/morel dish.
post #22418 of 25287
The custard (for 6 people) is just 400g of foie gras, 4 eggs, 10cl of cream, 30g soft butter, and some nutmeg- blend that, pass through a sieve, and bake for 20 minutes or so the way you'd treat a typical custard. The morels are blanched, then simmered in cream and butter for 20 minutes. Remove them, reduce the cream, then top with reduced cream, and some reduced meat stock.
post #22419 of 25287

Salmon with mango salsa! Yumm
 

post #22420 of 25287
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbel View Post

The custard (for 6 people) is just 400g of foie gras, 4 eggs, 10cl of cream, 30g soft butter, and some nutmeg- blend that, pass through a sieve, and bake for 20 minutes or so the way you'd treat a typical custard. The morels are blanched, then simmered in cream and butter for 20 minutes. Remove them, reduce the cream, then top with reduced cream, and some reduced meat stock.
'

what book?
post #22421 of 25287
L'Ambroisie
post #22422 of 25287
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Foie gras custard with morels:



Turbot in a salt crust with asparagus:


Beautiful, please try to stick with the pic labeling for us less knowledgeable folk.

Though, now that I've asked, you'll probably not label LOL
post #22423 of 25287
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbel View Post

Looks great, Matt. How was the custard w/ morels? I'm looking forward to making that.

It was great. Oddly, it was less simple to make the custard mixture than I thought. Perhaps it was that my hand was bandaged up (see other thread) but I fucked it up once, and nearly the second time, though it ended up coming together at the last minute. You have to make sure the cream is warm and that the foie gras and eggs are room temp or you will get gunky whipped foie gras butter and a little liquid runoff. At least, that was my experience.
post #22424 of 25287
Doing a savory braised pork belly with a simple vinaigrette dressed salad. Any thoughts if a bottle of 2009 Paul Pernot et ses Fils Puligny-Montrachet would go well?
post #22425 of 25287
Steak, french beans, pommes maxim, pepper sauce

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?