or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What did you eat last night for dinner? - Page 1485

post #22261 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

MikeDT, as a reminder, you were banned from ever posting in this thread.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



Supposed to be "Seafood Flavor" but it smelled more like Araldite adhesive.
Edited by MikeDT - 2/25/13 at 6:28pm
post #22262 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Mike, please post some of that great stuff you've posted before. The whole animal buffet type stuff, you know what I am talking about.

I know what you're talking about Ed. smile.gif Unfortunately I've not really been a restaurant shutterbug recently. But will keep this in mind.
post #22263 of 25822
Disgusting meal at SLS Bazaar Jose Andres. Jesus christ.
post #22264 of 25822
Did you see some other dude's wang because of those awful bathroom mirrors?
post #22265 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehkay View Post

Did you see some other dude's wang because of those awful bathroom mirrors?

I always wonder if people can see mine. I've had some good stuff off the traditional menu, but most of the modern stuff absolutely sucks and it's a shame to see so much foams in the menu still. Some of them were seriously as if they went over to the dish washer and requested a dollop of suds. The brussels sprout dish was quite literally vile and the cod en papillote was like hospital food in some kind of nightmare. It was one of the worst meals in LA that I've had since Ink. Even most of the traditional stuff sucked this time, including my beloved pisto. Also whoever cut the $120 worth of iberico de bellota we ordered must have used a band saw because it was some of the worst knife work I've ever seen.

I will never go back.
post #22266 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post

I always wonder if people can see mine. I've had some good stuff off the traditional menu, but most of the modern stuff absolutely sucks and it's a shame to see so much foams in the menu still. Some of them were seriously as if they went over to the dish washer and requested a dollop of suds. The brussels sprout dish was quite literally vile and the cod en papillote was like hospital food in some kind of nightmare. It was one of the worst meals in LA that I've had since Ink. Even most of the traditional stuff sucked this time, including my beloved pisto. Also whoever cut the $120 worth of iberico de bellota we ordered must have used a band saw because it was some of the worst knife work I've ever seen.

I will never go back.

Did you post anywhere about Ink? It really annoyed me the first time I went, but a second outing was a lot better, both in taste and presentation. Also maybe because I didn't pay.
post #22267 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post

Valentino....

Branzino crudo with zuchini, waygu tongue carpaccio with truffles (wow.) Linguini with truffles was pretty stellar and the quail risotto was just slightly too rich for me. Amazing meal and Piero is such a great host as always.
yup. when that restaurant is on, it's really on. too bad everyone seems to have forgotten it.
post #22268 of 25822
Turbot roasted in goose fat, celery, bone marrow, sauce vin rouge
AppleMark
post #22269 of 25822
Looks great, Mgm. Did it blow your mind?
post #22270 of 25822
Did you actually find goose fat?
post #22271 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbel View Post

Looks great, Mgm. Did it blow your mind?

Thanks. Yeah, it was fantastic. The marrow/crouton/tarragon melange on top of the fish was awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehkay View Post

Did you actually find goose fat?

Yea. Found some at Balducci's from Rougie.
post #22272 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

Did you post anywhere about Ink? It really annoyed me the first time I went, but a second outing was a lot better, both in taste and presentation. Also maybe because I didn't pay.

I don't remember if I did. Every time I go I get a bunch of dishes I didn't order and I really think it's like eating pond scum. There's this realistically earthy, mud like texture and flavor to everything. It is really god awful.
post #22273 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

yup. when that restaurant is on, it's really on. too bad everyone seems to have forgotten it.

I think the classic stuff is good but my meal was so awful that I probably will not go back ever.
post #22274 of 25822
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm9128 View Post

Thanks. Yeah, it was fantastic. The marrow/crouton/tarragon melange on top of the fish was awesome.
Yea. Found some at Balducci's from Rougie.


The Balducci's on 6th Ave? Thought they closed that years ago, Or maybe I'm thinking of Jefferson Mkt.
post #22275 of 25822
Quote:
Valentino....

Branzino crudo with zuchini, waygu tongue carpaccio with truffles (wow.) Linguini with truffles was pretty stellar and the quail risotto was just slightly too rich for me. Amazing meal and Piero is such a great host as always.
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

yup. when that restaurant is on, it's really on. too bad everyone seems to have forgotten it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post

I think the classic stuff is good but my meal was so awful that I probably will not go back ever.

huh? did you cross-wire posts on valentino and jose andres? though i have to say the two "molecular" meals i've had in the andres' backroom (ssam bar) have been memorable. once a year for food like htat for me, though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What did you eat last night for dinner?