or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › 1st Porsche SUV, now Lambo sedan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1st Porsche SUV, now Lambo sedan

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 37
Porsche is coming out with a 4 door sedan as well. I understand they are very profitable but I don't like these companies straying away from what made them so special and iconic. Whats next? A ferrari minivan? C'mon.
post #3 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by micbain View Post
Whats next? A ferrari minivan? C'mon.

That's coming next year actually..

Porsche Panamera looks hideous on the road, and I'm sure this Lambo will too.
post #4 of 37
i wish to see the interior
post #5 of 37
looks nice...
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by micbain View Post
Porsche is coming out with a 4 door sedan as well. I understand they are very profitable but I don't like these companies straying away from what made them so special and iconic. Whats next? A ferrari minivan? C'mon.

As an owner of a Porsche Cayenne S for 5 years, I don't think they "strayed". It is a wonderful car that has all the handling and feel for the road that one expects in a Porsche. It's overwhelming sales popularity is a testament to Porsche for not just developing an amazing product but for having the vision as a company to make changes in it's product line. The Porsche SUV was a brilliant move.

On the other hand, Lamborghini has had a lot of missteps along the path of it's history. I doubt that their customer is as practical as a Porsche customer and therefor I can't see their sedan being much of a success.
post #7 of 37
I sort of like the Cayenne. The design is better than most luxury SUV's I've seen. They are certainly rare where I live (I see too many X5, X3, Mercedes, and Lexus RX/GX), so seeing a Cayenne is kind of refreshing. But a Lambo sedan? How can they expect it to sell well? I can picture it on the street now: Long, and disgusting.
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
As an owner of a Porsche Cayenne S for 5 years, I don't think they "strayed". It is a wonderful car that has all the handling and feel for the road that one expects in a Porsche. It's overwhelming sales popularity is a testament to Porsche for not just developing an amazing product but for having the vision as a company to make changes in it's product line. The Porsche SUV was a brilliant move.

On the other hand, Lamborghini has had a lot of missteps along the path of it's history. I doubt that their customer is as practical as a Porsche customer and therefor I can't see their sedan being much of a success.

I'm sure the Porsche cayenne is a fine product. I didn't mean to imply it was shoddy but when I think of Porsche I think of the 911 which is quite possibly the best all around sports car on the road and not a big, bloated luxury SUV.

I think the tremendous sales in the US are also a testament to the once unquenchable thirst for SUV's and status symbols. Every manufacturer sold a boat load of SUV's over the past 10 years.
post #9 of 37
Thread Starter 
I know a couple fellas who picked up the Cayenne as soon as it'd hit the market.
Well, they've been banging their head against the wall for the duration of their respective lease contracts.
To add insult to injury, one guy's service manager would put him in some rental shytbox from Enterprise.
After his dealership sold the guy $100K vehicle
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by micbain View Post
I'm sure the Porsche cayenne is a fine product. I didn't mean to imply it was shoddy but when I think of Porsche I think of the 911 which is quite possibly the best all around sports car on the road and not a big, bloated luxury SUV.

I think the tremendous sales in the US are also a testament to the once unquenchable thirst for SUV's and status symbols. Every manufacturer sold a boat load of SUV's over the past 10 years.

What I'd give for an old 930 or 993 turbo...the new 911's are cool too.
post #11 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christofuh View Post
Well, they've been banging their head against the wall for the duration of their respective lease contracts.

Why would they be banging their heads against the wall for anything to do other than them not being realistic about the terms of the lease. What does that have to do with the car?
post #12 of 37
The Lambo, at least, isn't as ugly as the Porsche Cayenne, and while that's not saying much, I think it's pretty sharp. Good point about Lambo drivers being less practical though. ~ H
post #13 of 37
For a 4-seater sports car, I like the Lotus Evora:







280 HP, 3000 lbs, 30 MPG. Unfortunately, it will probably cost an arm and a leg.

--Andre
post #14 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Yew View Post
For a 4-seater sports car, I like the Lotus Evora:







280 HP, 3000 lbs, 30 MPG. Unfortunately, it will probably cost an arm and a leg.

--Andre

Take notes everyone: a 2door, 4 seat exotic can be pulled off. A 4 door, 4 seat, however, cannot.
post #15 of 37
These just really shouldn't be done. I'd much rather drive an excellent Audi sport sedan than Lambo that tried to shoehorn it's design trademarks on a boxier sedan shape.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › 1st Porsche SUV, now Lambo sedan