Makes it about $224.40, if I did my math correctly. Pretty good deal if you're looking to get these boots.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Great Cascadia Boot Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 4:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? - Page 47
Styleforum Top Pickspost #692 of 10963/7/14 at 4:02pmpost #693 of 10963/10/14 at 4:59pm
Just picked up a new pair of Iron Rangers (Copper). I am between a 10 and a 10.5 in dress shoes, and at the advice of this forum, ordered both a 9 and a 9.5 (free shipping both ways), with the intent of returning the worse fit. I tried the 9's first, and they were comfortable, almost with wiggle room. They are not so loose that I think I'll need to size down, even as the leather stretches, but it may be that I'll have to tighten my laces a bit as these wear. I love them, out of the box.
I purchased, with my shoes, Obenauf LP and a shoe brush (my first!). There seems to be uncertainty across the internet about the necessity of applying a product like Obenauf LP to new, theoretically "water proof" leather boots, and I would love to solicit any additional opinions on the matter. The snow in Chicago is finally melting, but there is ice and salt and mud across the city. I commute almost a mile and a half each way on my way to work. Would it be worth it to condition and "seal in" my shoes from the get go? Or can/should I wait a few weeks (I have seen a month suggested more than once) before doing so?post #694 of 10963/13/14 at 6:13pmQuote:I would not wear these with a insole. They have a leather insole which in time will mold to your foot. It just takes time.Originally Posted by mogili222
Got some Vibram Raptor half soles put on my boots.. Was absolutely necessary for me to have something put on if I wanted to wear these here in Minnesota..
Here is a different question. I have really flat feet and always wear some kind of insoles in my shoes. Would it be better to start wearing insoles right from the beginning, or would it make sense to break in the boot without the insoles first??post #695 of 10963/13/14 at 6:16pmpost #696 of 10964/5/14 at 1:35pmpost #697 of 10964/5/14 at 2:43pmpost #698 of 10964/5/14 at 3:15pmpost #699 of 10964/8/14 at 12:49amI got a pair of these when they were on sale at STP, can't say enough about how good they look.
I'm usually an 11 D, sized down 1/2 and got a 10.5, now I want to pick up a pair of 10s and see how they fit, any idea where to find the best rpice on these is? I just missed the Brooks Brothers sale.post #700 of 10964/11/14 at 5:56pmpost #701 of 10964/11/14 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by peshlaki
I normally wear size 91/2.These are size 9 and fit perfect.I had to wear them for about two weeks before they really felt good.These are now two years old with only an occasional brushing.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Are these Amber Harness? Seem to be holding up very well for two years of wear..post #702 of 10964/11/14 at 6:37pmQuote:
Yes.I alternate with other boots and shoes.I have lots.I probably average minimum a day a week with these.Sometimes I wear them several days in a row,then I might not wear them for a couple weeks.post #703 of 10964/14/14 at 3:40pmpost #704 of 10964/17/14 at 6:52pmpost #705 of 10965/30/14 at 9:08pmToday I picked up a pair of Red Wing Iron Rangers in Amber Harness (8111). I immediately replaced the laces with a pair of dark brown leather laces. In my opinion they give the boot the high end look that they deserve. Let me know what you think.
Edited by AlwaysDressed - 5/31/14 at 7:43pm
- Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent FW 13 Skinny Leather pants 13 minutes ago
- › Denims 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 41 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.