or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? - Page 13

post #181 of 704
answer to the question above pls...
post #182 of 704
+1
post #183 of 704
To add my sizing advice, I am a measured size 11B/C on a Brannock (i.e. narrow foot). I went with size 10D IRs and these fit nicely with an insole (http://www.hanksclothing.com/red_win...soles_buy.html) and hiking socks of reasonable thickness. I wear 11.5 Nike Free Runs, 11 Nike Jordans, 11 Jack Purcells.
post #184 of 704
Is there a distinction between the "hawthorne" and the "hawthorne mule skinner" or are they one and the same?

Always thought they were the same but Amazon has them listed as if they are separate leather options.
post #185 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Is there a distinction between the "hawthorne" and the "hawthorne mule skinner" or are they one and the same?

Always thought they were the same but Amazon has them listed as if they are separate leather options.

Notice that they also have "Hawthrone" listed. They're all the same.
post #186 of 704
I wear the same size in DB and IR.
post #187 of 704
cant handle my self to share my Red wing 8113 after couples of wear. fit me like a glove. love it. *thanks to Matte Male for sizing advice. going to the campus Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #188 of 704
What is currently the cheapest place to get Iron Rangers or any Red Wings for that matter?
post #189 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by triumphman View Post
sorry, but another sizing question...

I wear the following:

Alden Trubalance / Barrie sz 7.5.
Clarks DB sz 8
Vans sz 8.5

What size?

i am 10 in DB, 10.5 in vans.
i picked up 9D in RW 8113.
perfect fit for me.

i also have RW 9016, which is same last with RW 8113, in 9.5D, it is slightly longer for me.

the point you must consider is RW leather is tend to be rigid for the first wear.
you might get some blister for first to tenth wear.. and maybe you will fell a lil bit pain when the toe part bend when walking.
but keep wearing it, the leather will get smoother.

you might apply some obenauf on oiled leather to expedite the leather to be smooth.

and try to wear it without socks sometimes.
post #190 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpacko View Post
replaced the standard laces with leather laces:


Schpacko, did you use obenauf LP on yours? I have the same color and I'm trying to decide whether to keep the color as is, or use the obenauf LP and darken them.
post #191 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa17 View Post
i am 10 in DB, 10.5 in vans.
i picked up 9D in RW 8113.
perfect fit for me.

i also have RW 9016, which is same last with RW 8113, in 9.5D, it is slightly longer for me.

the point you must consider is RW leather is tend to be rigid for the first wear.
you might get some blister for first to tenth wear.. and maybe you will fell a lil bit pain when the toe part bend when walking.
but keep wearing it, the leather will get smoother.

you might apply some obenauf on oiled leather to expedite the leather to be smooth.

and try to wear it without socks sometimes.

I am 8 in allen edmonds, 7.5 in alden, 8 in vans, 9 in nikes.

I fit a 7 in the iron rangers. I agree that they were rigid for the first week and I may have picked up a few blisters along the way, but now they fit perfect!
post #192 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
What is currently the cheapest place to get Iron Rangers or any Red Wings for that matter?

Anyone?
post #193 of 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
Anyone?

no idea sir.
i found my red wing on ebay and also this forum.
those place are the cheapest for me since my country doesnt have red wing store.
post #194 of 704
Ordered mine from ebay as well. Got them for 210$ and they are worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. These are boots you will have for years to come if you take care of them.

-V
post #195 of 704
New to the forum, searching red wing shoes got me here.

This question is for multiple Red Wing owners..

I own a pair of size 11 Classic Lifestyle 6'' Moc and I think I'm hooked on RWs. I didn't think a pair of heavy, thick boots would be so comfortable. My question is, would it be safe to assume I am size 11 for Iron Rangers as well as I won't be buying on Zappos this time around, I don't have the luxury of sending it back.

Thanks in advance.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo?