or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 656

post #9826 of 28316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


The distressing makes those too casual to wear with anything but jeans.

I don't know, man, I think they'd also work with lighter chinos / khakis or some brown, ochre, or blue corduroys.
post #9827 of 28316
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


still need to bend down to put on the shoes though...



anyway

peal & co
who makes these? C&J? Alden?

A picture of the sole would make it easier to identify. Nail pattern is generally the easiest way to know.
post #9828 of 28316
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpatrickb View Post


A picture of the sole would make it easier to identify. Nail pattern is generally the easiest way to know.

z3612.jpg
post #9829 of 28316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


z3612.jpg

Alfred Sargent, looks like...

700
post #9830 of 28316
*cross post*
700700700(this one is black)

Which color would you pick for a college backpack? I was leaning toward brown but I can get white for cheaper.
Would white be more versatile anyway?
post #9831 of 28316
I'm looking at a pair of second-hand Cheaney's, particularly their Rubens model. They have Joseph Cheaney written in the insole and a Dainite sole. Are they good quality shoes?
post #9832 of 28316
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeM View Post

*cross post*
700700700(this one is black)

Which color would you pick for a college backpack? I was leaning toward brown but I can get white for cheaper.
Would white be more versatile anyway?

I'd go with a darker color for college. My backpack was beat to shit and generally replaced each year (granted I was generally using North Face backpacks, etc). Even if you don't replace it you'll collect so much dirt and what not with the white one it's going to be gray before long. Plus white can be seen as very seasonal, depending on how it's worn. Dunno where you're going to school but being sleeted on wearing a white backpack seems a little odd.
post #9833 of 28316
What is this, and is it worth anything?700

700

I found the mother load at a thrift store the other day, and picked up some insane finds this is one of them! I am unfamiliar with what it is exactly, a little help?
post #9834 of 28316
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepChef View Post

What is this, and is it worth anything?700

700

I found the mother load at a thrift store the other day, and picked up some insane finds this is one of them! I am unfamiliar with what it is exactly, a little help?

That is a shawl collar dinner jacket. Good maker too.

Is it really dark green? The color and fabric make it a bit of an 'odd bird'. But you should be able to find a buyer.

What size is it?
post #9835 of 28316
Dinner jacket. Mother lode.
post #9836 of 28316
What is the raised button=like green fabric called? There is also another tag that reads " Gentlemen's Quarter" And yes it is a dark olive green.700

Yes, mother lode... how frightful.
post #9837 of 28316
Anyone have suggestions on where to find a nice slim shirt with end-on-end type pattern/fabric?

I tried searching around google shopping but am having trouble finding anything.
post #9838 of 28316
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepChef View Post

What is the raised button=like green fabric called? There is also another tag that reads " Gentlemen's Quarter" And yes it is a dark olive green.700

Yes, mother lode... how frightful.

It's a green (corduroy? velvet? Can you post a close up of the fabric?) dinner jacket. Formalwear- ie, to be worn as what you might call a tuxedo. The covered button is simply a detail used in such garments.
post #9839 of 28316
700


It does feel like a light velvet, but is textured with raised dots.
post #9840 of 28316
Huh, neat fabric. I can see why it confused me looking at the previous photo- never seen one quite like that before.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here