Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 7/21/14 at 10:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 649post #9721 of 283248/24/11 at 2:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9722 of 283248/24/11 at 2:50pmpost #9723 of 283248/24/11 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Astr0n3r27
Hello to All ,Solid light grey suit with black shoes - would you do the traditional white with a funky tie (grey with other colors that pop out) OR some light color shirt with a tie to compliment it?..maybe a striped shirt? darker grey shirt w/ orange colored tie? whats your take on it?I wanted to wear some kind of an orange shirt (nothing too bright) because I'm known for wearing a lot of orange by my peers, along with a tie that had both colors incorporated into it. Its gonna be a mission to find something I would go for, but I'm determined (got two weeks til the wedding).....your thoughts?This is the color of the suit I will be wearing...
Generally, you want to be known as the guy who dresses well, not the guy constantly wearing orange. Not all trademarks are positive ones. Skip the orange shirt. Orange tie if you must, but I would deliberately steer clear of it.post #9724 of 283248/24/11 at 9:17pmpost #9725 of 283248/25/11 at 12:00amis magnanni shoe any good? in terms of construction and quality
or is it just another fashion brand shoes that will fall apart?
just bought these at nordstrom rack
the price was still higher than i would have liked ($159)
but they fit so well and are really comfortable
and i like the color
but at $159 if this brand isn't a "quality" brand, then maybe i'm better off spending a little more money for shoes that will give me more bang for the buckpost #9726 of 283248/25/11 at 1:56ampost #9727 of 283248/25/11 at 10:29pmTried on some Lombard's and feel comfy, but when I walk it feels like my heel could come out of the shoe although I don't think it ever will. Is this considered heel slippage? There was no gap in the back, so I don't think its too large. Will this go away after they've been broken in?
Also, best to get a little snug because itll stretch out over time? How would I know if it is too tight at the sides?post #9728 of 283248/26/11 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by easy_golfing
Tried on some Lombard's and feel comfy, but when I walk it feels like my heel could come out of the shoe although I don't think it ever will. Is this considered heel slippage? There was no gap in the back, so I don't think its too large. Will this go away after they've been broken in?
Also, best to get a little snug because itll stretch out over time? How would I know if it is too tight at the sides?
Ah yeah AE Lombards are very nice and an essential IMO. Have an SA help you find your shoe size and shoe width.post #9729 of 283248/26/11 at 7:29ampost #9730 of 283248/26/11 at 7:30ampost #9731 of 283248/26/11 at 7:56ampost #9732 of 283248/26/11 at 11:17ampost #9733 of 283248/26/11 at 7:13pmpost #9734 of 283248/26/11 at 11:55pmQuote:
it's above what you said but I think it's a solid choice.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1721 Active Users (457 Members and 1264 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 second ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › NYC Meet-Up, TONIGHT, Tuesday 7/22!! 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Ruby Shell Cordovan Balmoral Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)