or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 644

post #9646 of 29147
You could shorten the shirt sleeves by 1/4-1//2 inch as well.
post #9647 of 29147
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Navy blazer would be fine with everything except the black trousers. If the blue trousers are too close in shade they will look like a mismatched suit. If you are only going to keep one sport coat you would probably be safe to pair all the above with something like this -

500

http://www.jpressonline.com/sportcoats_pressidential_detail.php?id=J20341R

Thanks for this. The jacket has some pattern to it, does that necessitate a solid shirt if the tie, as picture has stripes? I notice the shirt in the picture has a stripe.

Most of the ties I wear are striped regimental, don't want to have to many patterns clashing.


David
post #9648 of 29147
I was looking around eBay for italian shirts and I'm having trouble figuring out my neck size. I measured it myself and it's around 15.5, but when I search for shirts with that neck size most of the times the chest size is around 22/23 (my chest is 39"). Should I go down to 15 or keep the 15.5?
post #9649 of 29147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post

I was looking around eBay for italian shirts and I'm having trouble figuring out my neck size. I measured it myself and it's around 15.5, but when I search for shirts with that neck size most of the times the chest size is around 22/23 (my chest is 39"). Should I go down to 15 or keep the 15.5?

Those measurements are taken when the shirt is laid flat, generally from pit to pit. Trying lying down a shirt you own that fits you to ensure that those measurements are appropriate. I am also a size 15.5 and have a 40" chest, so I'd imagine 15.5 should be appropriate for you.
post #9650 of 29147

I'm looking for a casual shoe to wear with jeans. Came across this slip-on loafer. Anyone have experience with it? Is it a quality shoe and worth the money?

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/product_6551375_1_40000000001_-1?top_category=127607

post #9651 of 29147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperwit View Post

I'm looking for a casual shoe to wear with jeans. Came across this slip-on loafer. Anyone have experience with it? Is it a quality shoe and worth the money?

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/product_6551375_1_40000000001_-1?top_category=127607


Please don't buy that shoe. It's terrible. Try these for casual with jeans:
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/product_6525381_1_40000000001_-1?top_category=120552

And get brown loafers, not black.
post #9652 of 29147
Where can I find a jacket similar to this:

500

Taken from WAYWRN HOF
post #9653 of 29147
Why don't you PM whoever was wearing it in WAYWRN?
post #9654 of 29147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post

Why don't you PM whoever was wearing it in WAYWRN?

There was not a username attached to this specific picture. I did think of that.
post #9655 of 29147
Quote:
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted View Post


Those measurements are taken when the shirt is laid flat, generally from pit to pit. Trying lying down a shirt you own that fits you to ensure that those measurements are appropriate. I am also a size 15.5 and have a 40" chest, so I'd imagine 15.5 should be appropriate for you.

I've measured a shirt that has a fuller cut and it measures 21.25 from pit to pit. This causes billowing so I guess I should start looking for shirts with less than 21". This means I have to go down to 15" on neck size. Do you think this neck size will be too tight? Is there a relationship between neck size and the rest of the measurements?
post #9656 of 29147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post

I was looking around eBay for italian shirts and I'm having trouble figuring out my neck size. I measured it myself and it's around 15.5, but when I search for shirts with that neck size most of the times the chest size is around 22/23 (my chest is 39"). Should I go down to 15 or keep the 15.5?

If you're a 15.5 then you're an Italian 40.

How did you measure? How much slack?
post #9657 of 29147
post #9658 of 29147
Looking for a hard-soled loafer recommendation. Ideally something I can wear with a suit or jeans, but most likely wearing them with jeans. I like the profile and sleekness of the Prada (2nd from the left) and Dsquared2 loafers (light brown suede right in the middle on the guy with jeans on) in this picture:

loafers_628.jpg

But I know you gents are better with quality and versatility than GQ. Ideally I'd like to spend under $150 used (via B/S forums) so I'm currently researching Zegna, Ferragamo, AE and Alden.
post #9659 of 29147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post


If you're a 15.5 then you're an Italian 40.

How did you measure? How much slack?

I used tape around my neck until I couldn't fit more than two fingers. It's around 39/40 centimeters.
post #9660 of 29147
Anyone know where to get a good Wine/Maroon Peacoat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here