or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 641

post #9601 of 29352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipe View Post

I usually wear size 31 on Levis 501. What size would I wear in Incotex pants?

incotex are all over the place with measurements. one size 31 can have totally different measurements from another. i have incotex that are size 29, 30, 31 and 32 waist. its best to go with measurements for each one.
post #9602 of 29352
Regarding linen suits. Is there a point where they become TOO wrinkled and if so, what might that point be?
post #9603 of 29352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

Regarding linen suits. Is there a point where they become TOO wrinkled and if so, what might that point be?

Speaking of, how are these? I ordered the red one:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=310&Product_Id=1521667&Parent_Id=305&default_color=RED&sort_by=&sectioncolor=Red&sectionsize=#null
post #9604 of 29352
i just bought my first french cuff dress shirt at brooks brothers
it came with the silk knots in the cuffs
i do not own any cuff links yet
is it ok to wear the shirt with those silk knots and not a set of cuff links?
or are they merely acting as a placeholder of some sort?
post #9605 of 29352
Is this tie too prep/academia? Or can I wear to interviews, what other type of occasions?

TIE-WNM_tall_front.jpg
post #9606 of 29352
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

i just bought my first french cuff dress shirt at brooks brothers
it came with the silk knots in the cuffs
i do not own any cuff links yet
is it ok to wear the shirt with those silk knots and not a set of cuff links?
or are they merely acting as a placeholder of some sort?

It's okay to wear them.
post #9607 of 29352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

http://blog.whereisthecool.com/post/8910881065

are these alden longwings? maybe its just me but they look different.

They say 'Alden' in them. And they're long-wings. How could they possibly not be Alden long-wings?
post #9608 of 29352

The slim fit looks promising. I have a yellow J. Crew and I find it too blousy if I tuck it in. The button down should help with floppy collar syndrome as well.
post #9609 of 29352
Colored buttons (as in the pic below)...good, bad, or just personal preference. Is it best just to stick to a white MOP button on any shirt that will be utilized in dressier occasions?

500
post #9610 of 29352

Looking for a pair of casual shoes, found these ones...opinions?

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/store/SiteController/sperry/productdetails?catId=cat90046DM&productId=prod700042&skuId=***7********0579755*M105&stockNumber=0579755&showDefaultOption=true

post #9611 of 29352
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Is this tie too prep/academia? Or can I wear to interviews, what other type of occasions?

TIE-WNM_tall_front.jpg

I like it, but might just fall short of appropriate for interviews.

I'd wear it on weekends, work days out of court, and other such occasions.
post #9612 of 29352
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post


It's okay to wear them.

Yup, and there's more than one here who prefer them to metal cufflinks.

And Harvey- why wouldn't that tie be appropriate for court? The orange pops, but it's still a striped navy tie. I would put that in the conservative, but not interview category.
Edited by cptjeff - 8/15/11 at 7:47pm
post #9613 of 29352

I just bought a very nice fitted tan colored chino blazer and was wondering how to wear it with dressier jeans?  Can anyone shed some light on how to dress up and dress down the jacket?  I work at my family's real estate business, which I will be the CEO of in 3 years.  The dress is very laid back so a sport coat and jeans with loafers are fine.  I was thinking the easiest thing to wear would be the dark denim, white shirt, and navy knit tie with the tan sports coat, but I was looking for some other options, especially how to dress it down when I need to meet contractors and homebuyers at the job site.  

 

All your help is greatly appreciated!

post #9614 of 29352
Quote:
Originally Posted by TauKappaEpsilon View Post

I just bought a very nice fitted tan colored chino blazer and was wondering how to wear it with dressier jeans?  Can anyone shed some light on how to dress up and dress down the jacket?  I work at my family's real estate business, which I will be the CEO of in 3 years.  The dress is very laid back so a sport coat and jeans with loafers are fine.  I was thinking the easiest thing to wear would be the dark denim, white shirt, and navy knit tie with the tan sports coat, but I was looking for some other options, especially how to dress it down when I need to meet contractors and homebuyers at the job site.  

 

All your help is greatly appreciated!



I stick with dark jeans, personally.  When I'm wearing jeans and a blazer I usually don't wear a tie.  Not saying it doesn't work.. just saying don't limit yourself to a solid shirt and dark tie.  Try some plaids, checks, and patterns.  And add a colorful pocket square too.  

 

I also like the look of wearing Sperry's with my casual blazers.  Not sure what other SFers think about Sperry's w/ blazers?  

post #9615 of 29352

I have wide/big/bitch hips and a not-so-wide torso.  My body is just....awkward.  People don't generally notice.

 

What kinds of jeans/pants should I be focusing on buying and where should I be looking at them from?

 

I like the skinny style of pants, but my legs are kind of big and I dont think it would look good to show the natural form of my leg.

 

A pant that was tight in the thighs but them widened up at the bottom to make my body look more "straight" would be amazing

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here