$25. no questions asked haha
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 12:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 639post #9571 of 285128/10/11 at 10:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9572 of 285128/10/11 at 2:20pmpost #9573 of 285128/10/11 at 7:12pmpost #9574 of 285128/10/11 at 9:35pmQuote:
No that can't be on purpose. Looks like something got ripped or came undone.
OTOH it shouldn't take a master tailor to fix it. Just a bit of sewing.post #9575 of 285128/11/11 at 7:04amA question on buying vintage shoes:
I'm considering picking up a pair of old Florsheim Imperials longwings from a local thrift store. They look to be in pretty good shape, but of course the soles are very dark/old looking.
Since these shoes are probably 20+ years old - my question is this: How durable are old shoes like this?
I love the idea of finding a cheap pair of quality shoes, but I'm worried that because of their age they will fall apart really easily.post #9576 of 285128/11/11 at 8:06amWith buying used shoes, espeically vintage it is always a gamble. You never know how they were cared for over time. A resole is easy, but it is likely going to cost more than the shoe. My advice to you is buy them if you like them and get a good deal, but condiiton them, polish them and wear them a while to see how the uppers are holding up. If the uppers are holding up nicely then get a resole and they will feel brand new.post #9577 of 285128/11/11 at 9:02ampost #9578 of 285128/11/11 at 11:55ampost #9579 of 285128/11/11 at 12:26pmQuote:
No, never wear dark dress shirts like that, especially with crazy contrast cuffs and collars. They are pretty immature. Your tie should be darker than your shirt.post #9580 of 285128/11/11 at 2:23pmpost #9581 of 285128/11/11 at 3:17pmpost #9582 of 285128/11/11 at 7:14pmWhy does it look like it has spots all over it? The stripes look like they could be cool to play around with. Those colors are inviting to purple or rust accents. However, if you're looking tor a staple suit I say pass.
Also, have you tried it on? If not, do you know your measurements and are confident that it will fit? At $60 it's not that big of a decision, but if you're buying a $60 suit to pour $150 of alterations into it I say pass. You seem too unsure to me.post #9583 of 285128/11/11 at 7:55pmpost #9584 of 285128/11/11 at 9:54pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1691 Active Users (298 Members and 1393 Guests)
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 31 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)