$25. no questions asked haha
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 8:43 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 639post #9571 of 288728/10/11 at 10:59am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9572 of 288728/10/11 at 2:20pmpost #9573 of 288728/10/11 at 7:12pmpost #9574 of 288728/10/11 at 9:35pmQuote:
No that can't be on purpose. Looks like something got ripped or came undone.
OTOH it shouldn't take a master tailor to fix it. Just a bit of sewing.post #9575 of 288728/11/11 at 7:04amA question on buying vintage shoes:
I'm considering picking up a pair of old Florsheim Imperials longwings from a local thrift store. They look to be in pretty good shape, but of course the soles are very dark/old looking.
Since these shoes are probably 20+ years old - my question is this: How durable are old shoes like this?
I love the idea of finding a cheap pair of quality shoes, but I'm worried that because of their age they will fall apart really easily.post #9576 of 288728/11/11 at 8:06amWith buying used shoes, espeically vintage it is always a gamble. You never know how they were cared for over time. A resole is easy, but it is likely going to cost more than the shoe. My advice to you is buy them if you like them and get a good deal, but condiiton them, polish them and wear them a while to see how the uppers are holding up. If the uppers are holding up nicely then get a resole and they will feel brand new.post #9577 of 288728/11/11 at 9:02ampost #9578 of 288728/11/11 at 11:55ampost #9579 of 288728/11/11 at 12:26pmQuote:
No, never wear dark dress shirts like that, especially with crazy contrast cuffs and collars. They are pretty immature. Your tie should be darker than your shirt.post #9580 of 288728/11/11 at 2:23pmpost #9581 of 288728/11/11 at 3:17pmpost #9582 of 288728/11/11 at 7:14pmWhy does it look like it has spots all over it? The stripes look like they could be cool to play around with. Those colors are inviting to purple or rust accents. However, if you're looking tor a staple suit I say pass.
Also, have you tried it on? If not, do you know your measurements and are confident that it will fit? At $60 it's not that big of a decision, but if you're buying a $60 suit to pour $150 of alterations into it I say pass. You seem too unsure to me.post #9583 of 288728/11/11 at 7:55pmpost #9584 of 288728/11/11 at 9:54pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1999 Active Users (517 Members and 1482 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 24 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...