Thanks for the luck! I will post on teh forvm for sure.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 637post #9541 of 287178/8/11 at 10:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9542 of 287178/8/11 at 11:45ampost #9543 of 287178/8/11 at 11:52amDry clean them........Linen is a pain in the ass with wrinkles, shrinking, dimensional changes, etc. etc. Even hand washing will result in a mess of wrinkles you don't want to deal with.
Between cleanings hang them from the waistband - then iron before wearing. (I hang other fabrics from the cuff to pull out wrinkles - but find linen is to flexible for this treatement.post #9544 of 287178/8/11 at 12:21pmpost #9545 of 287178/8/11 at 12:37pmpost #9546 of 287178/8/11 at 12:52pmQuote:
Disaster waiting to happen. Though it's almost impossible to do with 100% certainty online, it should always be remembered to rank the following factors in order when purchasing a jacket: the shoulders, the length, the sleeve length (only if functioning buttons), the collar stance. That's just the beginning guide, but most everything on a jacket can be easily tailored (or at least inexpensively so) other than those things.post #9547 of 287178/8/11 at 12:54pmQuote:
+1 with Gdot. Also, almost all of RLPL's offerings instruct you to have them dry cleaned. This is due to the high quality of the fabrics used in most of the garments. You wouldn't want to spend $500 on pants only to have the delicate material shrivel on a line.post #9548 of 287178/8/11 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
Disaster waiting to happen. Though it's almost impossible to do with 100% certainty online, it should always be remembered to rank the following factors in order when purchasing a jacket: the shoulders, the length, the sleeve length (only if functioning buttons), the collar stance. That's just the beginning guide, but most everything on a jacket can be easily tailored (or at least inexpensively so) other than those things.
Ebay it is.. :-(post #9549 of 287178/8/11 at 2:22pmQuote:
Thanks for the replies. I guess I figured that linen pants could be treated just like cotton pants, but it seems I figured wrong.post #9550 of 287178/8/11 at 7:19pmpost #9551 of 287178/8/11 at 8:16pmpost #9552 of 287178/8/11 at 10:31pmpost #9553 of 287178/8/11 at 10:35pmQuote:
Doesn't matter. There's no difference between the two other than the fabrics and patterns used. If you find that it's impossible to determine, then it's more than fine to wear it as a sportcoat. There are a few things that are pretty much certain tells in either direction, but that jacket has none of them, so it could be either.post #9554 of 287178/9/11 at 3:33ampost #9555 of 287178/9/11 at 3:39am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1758 Active Users (385 Members and 1373 Guests)
- › How many miles did you run today? 22 seconds ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)