or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 630

post #9436 of 28369
Quote:
Originally Posted by deem View Post

I have been looking for a pair of semi-brogue captoes in burgandy or dark brown. Do these seem like a good buy for the price? (Excluding VAT and adding shipping, it comes to approx 338)

http://tiny.cc/9u22f Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VhsO0.jpg

There is a nice pair of dark brown Sutor captoes for 305 in BS that I am also considering.

Any input is much appreciated! Also, other recommendations are more than welcome.

There's nothing wrong with either choice. But, as must be said repeatedly and emphatically, you should try these on in person or be prepared to ship them back i they don't fit you well. I would recommend Crockett and Jones, for another $80. Again, if they fit well.
post #9437 of 28369
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 1/26/12 at 8:07am
post #9438 of 28369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Where to buy these from
500

PG describes them as "Alden “wing tip” boots on Plaza last for Leather Soul" but I can't find them...

I expect you buy them from Leather Soul...
post #9439 of 28369
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thin Man View Post


There's nothing wrong with either choice. But, as must be said repeatedly and emphatically, you should try these on in person or be prepared to ship them back i they don't fit you well. I would recommend Crockett and Jones, for another $80. Again, if they fit well.

Thanks for the helpful recommendations. I was considering the C&J Westfield, but it is a bit out of my budget. However, I think you are right in that in the long run they are worth biting the bullet on another $80. I would really like to try them on, but I am not sure os a place in Los Angeles (where I live) that sells C&J benchgrade. I never really considered it, so I will have to look around and see if there is a place. Does anyone know of one? Thanks!
post #9440 of 28369
What happened to the Von Rothbart thread with all the shoes pics (EG, Lobb, C&J, Vass etc.)?
post #9441 of 28369
Equally, the other sticky von Rothbart thread with all links to shoe-manufacturers, -retailers, artisan
makers and the various 'prawn' sites has gone as well,

Admittedly, the thread was in need of updating.
post #9442 of 28369

Where can I buy this jumper? The black multi-coloured one.

 

44942-800ad (1).jpg

 

44942-800ad (2).jpg

 

post #9443 of 28369

 

Posted this somewhere, no response so posting it here.

 

What do you guys think about this Belstaff® Brad jacket

 

erez.jpgjc

erez3.jpg

erez4.jpg

 

Got it at $1,395 from jcrew. It's a masterpiece. What do you think?

 

Should I ever wear them with gloves in a very cold weather? My first time to try leather gloves. If you recommend I wear them with gloves, which of these 'unlined' Fratelli Orsini gloves would you recommend?

 

1

 

cu1001.jpg

 

 

2

cu1003.jpg

 

 

 

Now what do you think about these limited edition boots from bedstu?

 

monarchy-teak-right.jpg

 

Got them at $795. Another masterpiece. What do you think?

 

Now would recommend me to invest in this jacket from Belstaff?

 

erez1.jpg

 

 

Thanks in advance for your participation.

 
 
 
post #9444 of 28369

2 Questions:

 

1. What do you guys think of www.ties2pillows.com I'm thinking about purchasing a few ties from here (Trying to shop on a budget, I'm only 21 making $30,000 this year).

 

2. I'm trying to buy some Allen Edmonds "McAllister" shoes in size 12 D (Walnut Calf) but they seem to be sold out in my size almost everywhere. What do you guys suggest? I need these shoes!

post #9445 of 28369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKidLA View Post

2 Questions:

 

1. What do you guys think of www.ties2pillows.com I'm thinking about purchasing a few ties from here (Trying to shop on a budget, I'm only 21 making $30,000 this year).

 

2. I'm trying to buy some Allen Edmonds "McAllister" shoes in size 12 D (Walnut Calf) but they seem to be sold out in my size almost everywhere. What do you guys suggest? I need these shoes!


thetiebar.com. $15 a tie, and pretty good quality. And a great selection of patterns.

The stuff on your site looks to be so widely variable that I wouldn't trust it- looks like everything from nice ties in unknown condition to really crappy novelty ties. Fun for the occasional purchase, but it's especially a bad idea if you don't know what you really need to be looking for.

As for the shoes, call Allen Edmonds and ask about seconds. But make sure you're fitted first- you may think you're a 12D, but if you've been wearing sneakers, that may be completely off for dress shoes.
post #9446 of 28369
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post





thetiebar.com. $15 a tie, and pretty good quality. And a great selection of patterns.

The stuff on your site looks to be so widely variable that I wouldn't trust it- looks like everything from nice ties in unknown condition to really crappy novelty ties. Fun for the occasional purchase, but it's especially a bad idea if you don't know what you really need to be looking for.

As for the shoes, call Allen Edmonds and ask about seconds. But make sure you're fitted first- you may think you're a 12D, but if you've been wearing sneakers, that may be completely off for dress shoes.

 

Alright, cool thanks a lot! Also, what do you mean by asking Allen Edmonds for "Seconds"?
 

 

post #9447 of 28369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKidLA View Post



 

Alright, cool thanks a lot! Also, what do you mean by asking Allen Edmonds for "Seconds"?
 

 


Second quality. Usually shoes with minor defects, though many here have bought them only to find absolutely nothing wrong, which actually seems to be the dominant experience. They're sold at a discount, of course.
post #9448 of 28369
does anyone know where i can find the brand Brooksfield in the us? i have only been able to find it in italy
post #9449 of 28369
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacKidLA View Post

2. I'm trying to buy some Allen Edmonds "McAllister" shoes in size 12 D (Walnut Calf) but they seem to be sold out in my size almost everywhere. What do you guys suggest? I need these shoes!


I don't think AE will be discontinuing these anytime soon. You could call them directly (although, it is better to get sized in person). You could also order them online at Nordstroms and Amazon.
post #9450 of 28369
I am planning to buy some Zara shirts on sale. Should I size up 0.5 inches for neck shrinking or go to a normal size?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here